Topics

You look like a match! (Tyne's flits/Sontal)

Nutmeg

Through the tunnels, through the Weyr. The firelizards broke off into packs as they searched. The image of the young boy with curly dark hair was bright in their visual as they erupted like a tide of colourful ribbons.

One pack had diverted down through the tunnels towards the Smithcrafting area. There were some shouts of alarm and annoyance as the pack of seven or eight firelizards shot past them in a flurry of annoyed sounding chirrups and squeaks. Someone had caught their eye!

In seconds, the group had surrounded Sontal, landing on the table he was at, flapping their wings as they chattered and squawked at him. The image of the boy was being sent furiously back and forth between them as they peered at him. One brown, clearly the more confident of the group grabbed a hold of his sleeve, pulling insistently at it as though trying to urge him to follow them somewhere.

OoC: As I think the search is fairly early evening, I've assumed Sontal is in the Smithing area from his Craft on his sheet :)

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Aaron

In seconds, the group had surrounded Sontal, landing on the table he was at, flapping their wings as they chattered and squawked at him. The image of the boy was being sent furiously back and forth between them as they peered at him. One brown, clearly the more confident of the group grabbed a hold of his sleeve, pulling insistently at it as though trying to urge him to follow them somewhere.

Sontal nearly fell backward out of his seat at the table where he sat doing his book learning when the firelizards appeared. What did they want? It seemed they were after him to do something, but he could not possibly imagine what.

"What do you need?" he asked the brown. "I don't have anything to eat." His voice had strange quality to it. He had not heard much of his own voice in a couple of Turns, and his muscle memory of speech only got him so far.

Nutmeg

This one certainly seemed a good match. He was the right size and shape. The correlations made the urgency about the fire lizards increase all the more. They poked and they prodded the lad, chattering excitedly between themselves. An overly enthusiastic blue seemed to be getting into quite the vehement argument with a less opinionated brown. The brown of course, having the better mental capacity wasn't quite as convinced as the others and was querying the differences between the image he had and the Sontal-warped version that the others were sharing between themselves with more and more certainty.

A pair of greens hopped forwards to scrutinise Sontal. Whilst the others were arguing, they were more curious and they shared the image they had that was almost Sontal but had clearly adjusted slightly to try and make him fit. The curiosity wrapped around it was quite obvious, as was its meaning and intent as they stared quizzically at him.

On Thu, Oct 1, 2020 at 12:57 AM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:
[...]

Sontal tilted his head and stared quizzically back. Despite living in the weyr, he did not have much experience to draw on with understanding firelizard speech. Such as it was. It was nice, though, to be able to perceive what they were saying.

Them again, trying to read these images might be harder than reading lips. He could still hear some very loud sounds, but even if someone was shouting at him, he could not actually make out the words.

"Do you think that's me?" he asked. "Are you looking for him?"