Wish You Could Wash Me (atten: Garatt, Isirdux)

Steelsilver

There wasn't much time that I'des didn't spend with Sunstreath, especially since the bronze's rider wasn't yet cleared for Threadfall.

That didn't mean that the bronze didn't still find times when I'des wasn't with him, to suddenly acquire a contrary, or at least mischievous, streak. Such as right now. A gliding leap from his sunning spot, down into the Lake shallows, with a splash, head turning to regard anyone nearby. No, no...

There. ((You, and.... you! Yes, you two! Come here and wash me! And scratch my itches!))

Laura Walker

It was never easy sidling away from the Barracks to get back to the stables after being at the Infirmary. A voice in his head and Garatt froze, not quite daring to look around to see who had called him, standing still as a statue in the hope of escaping attention.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 6:59 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
There wasn't much time that I'des didn't spend with Sunstreath, especially since the bronze's rider wasn't yet cleared for Threadfall.

That didn't mean that the bronze didn't still find times when I'des wasn't with him, to suddenly acquire a contrary, or at least mischievous, streak. Such as right now. A gliding leap from his sunning spot, down into the Lake shallows, with a splash, head turning to regard anyone nearby. No, no...

There. ((You, and.... you! Yes, you two! Come here and wash me! And scratch my itches!))

Steelsilver

((Yes, you.)) Sunstreath pressed, and fanned his wings out, posing just so. ((See me lifting my wings? I'm here, in the shallows. Come here and wash me. Or scratch my itches.))

Jerzy Tobin

There wasn't much time that I'des didn't spend with Sunstreath, especially since the bronze's rider wasn't yet cleared for Threadfall.

That didn't mean that the bronze didn't still find times when I'des wasn't with him, to suddenly acquire a contrary, or at least mischievous, streak. Such as right now. A gliding leap from his sunning spot, down into the Lake shallows, with a splash, head turning to regard anyone nearby. No, no...

There. ((You, and.... you! Yes, you two! Come here and wash me! And scratch my itches!))
Isirdux hadn't come down to the lake with the intention of getting
into the water. He'd come down mostly for the exercise and to play
with Arch before going back to the barracks to study his notes from
the day's classes. He hadn't expected to get drafted by a dragon.

"Ah, are you sure?" Isirdux asked.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

Garatt turned around very cautiously, as though expecting there might be a monster hiding behind him. There was.. another boy who looked vaguely familiar, wearing a Candidate uniform. And a bronze. Not the bronze he was scared of but still a bronze. He stood hesitant, balancing on one leg then the other, not actually moving closer.

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 9:13 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
((Yes, you.)) Sunstreath pressed, and fanned his wings out, posing just so. ((See me lifting my wings? I'm here, in the shallows. Come here and wash me. Or scratch my itches.))

Steelsilver

((Come on- you don't have all day.)) Sunstreath huffed, speaking to both boys now. ((Don't you want to come closer? Admire my gloriousness?))

His rider would be back soon, and then if they hadn't moved he could tell I'des to make them.

Jerzy Tobin

((Come on- you don't have all day.)) Sunstreath huffed, speaking to both boys now. ((Don't you want to come closer? Admire my gloriousness?))

His rider would be back soon, and then if they hadn't moved he could tell I'des to make them.
Well, Isirdux *did* want to come closer and see the dragon up close,
he had just wanted to be sure that it was actually him that the dragon
had been speaking to. Feeling a bit more confident that this was the
case, the boy approached the dragon.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

> ((Come on- you don't have all day.)) Sunstreath huffed, speaking to both boys now. ((Don't you want to come closer? Admire my gloriousness?))
>
> His rider would be back soon, and then if they hadn't moved he could tell I'des to make them.

Well, Isirdux *did* want to come closer and see the dragon up close,
he had just wanted to be sure that it was actually him that the dragon
had been speaking to.  Feeling a bit more confident that this was the
case, the boy approached the dragon.

"..Him?" Garatt's voice was a squeak as he pointed to Isirdux. "..Or me?"

Steelsilver

((Both of you.)) Sunstreath snorted. ((You are both too small to accomplish a proper scrubbing alone. Together is better.)) He stretched his neck out in Garatt's direction, sniffed at him. ((Come along now.))

Laura Walker

For a moment Garatt was frozen to the spot, too scared even to run as the big bronze sniffed at him. He would have explained but his voice seemed to have frozen too, unable to summon so much as a squeak as his mind replayed the scene of a big brown picking a Candidate up in his mouth as though he were nothing, just grabbing him like one more herdbeast that could be swallowed down. He said nothing but he could gone very still, very quiet and very pale and the dragon touching his mind to speak likely felt enough to sense at least a little of the sudden terror leaking off him.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 10:27 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
((Both of you.)) Sunstreath snorted. ((You are both too small to accomplish a proper scrubbing alone. Together is better.)) He stretched his neck out in Garatt's direction, sniffed at him. ((Come along now.))

Steelsilver

Sunstreath withdrew his head, with another snort, the bronze confused. Usually the small two-legs couldn't wait to wash him. ((Is something wrong?)) he asked, and then his focus shifted to I'des, who was approaching along the lakeshore. ((Mine, I think this one is broken.))

Laura Walker

Garatt's breath caught in a shaky sob as the bronze head withdrew, and then another, and then his legs remembered how to work again. He backed up suddenly, rapidly, so much so he didn't look where he was going and backed straight into I'des.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:43 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
Sunstreath withdrew his head, with another snort, the bronze confused. Usually the small two-legs couldn't wait to wash him. ((Is something wrong?)) he asked, and then his focus shifted to I'des, who was approaching along the lakeshore. ((Mine, I think this one is broken.))

Steelsilver

"Hey, whoa- easy there." I'des reached down to lay a hand on the kid's shoulder, to try and steady him. "Easy. You okay, kid? Sunstreath won't hurt you."

Laura Walker

"I don't--" Garatt's thin shoulder was trembling under his hand, his voice shaking in terror. "I-- I-- his head was so close and -- and I thought he would just grab me and--" He was breathing hard still, not trying to run any more but staring at the dragon as though even now Sunstreath might snatch him up.

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:42 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
"Hey, whoa- easy there." I'des reached down to lay a hand on the kid's shoulder, to try and steady him. "Easy. You okay, kid? Sunstreath won't hurt you."

Steelsilver

"Sunstreath, back up." I'des ordered. ((But...))

"Do it, you lazy lizard." I'des scplded, and Sunstreath huffed, but retreated. I'des, satisfied, turned his attention to the boy. "Just breathe. Don't want you fainting on me. Breathe. Sunny wouldn't hurt you. I'm I'des, and that bossy bronze lump is Sunstreath. What's your name, kid?"

Laura Walker

"G--Garatt." His voice was a squeak still, but he obediently gulped air. "I didn't mean-- was he angry?"

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:41 AM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
"Sunstreath, back up." I'des ordered. ((But...))

"Do it, you lazy lizard." I'des scplded, and Sunstreath huffed, but retreated. I'des, satisfied, turned his attention to the boy. "Just breathe. Don't want you fainting on me. Breathe. Sunny wouldn't hurt you. I'm I'des, and that bossy bronze lump is Sunstreath. What's your name, kid?"

Steelsilver

"Him? Nah, he's fine." I'des assured Garatt. "He's just a great bossy lump. Breathe." He added once more. "Probably saw you coming and thought he could get some free scratches."

Laura Walker

"I just--his head was so big-- and I thought he might just be going to grab me, and--" Garatt realised belatedly that the person he was babbling at was no other than the rider of the bronze dragon in question. He swallowed. Those tended to get protective about their dragon. "I--I just panicked I guess. Sorry."

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 6:00 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
"Him? Nah, he's fine." I'des assured Garatt. "He's just a great bossy lump. Breathe." He added once more. "Probably saw you coming and thought he could get some free scratches."

Steelsilver

"He's not going to grab you." I'des reassured him. "He's just a bossytail, that's all." A reassuring grin, hoping to settle the kid some. "It's all right. Dragons can be kind of overwhelming, 'specially if you're new to the Weyr." A pause. "Nice to meet you, Garatt. Sunstreath says nice to meet you as well."

((No I didn't.)) "Oh hush."

Laura Walker

"Pleased to meet you, bronzerider, sir." Garatt remembered his manners finally at that, pulling himself straight rather than slouched and politely offering his right hand.