Topics

Who wants eggs {Fellan, Isirdux}

Kouga

Fellan tilted his head looking over the eggs, he knew they didn't have
much longer, just a couple of days at most probably according to his
Mamas. He didn't want to let any of them go, he wanted to keep them
with him, safe, and Sharp agreed, but he knew he couldn't. He lifted
his gaze to the gold sitting on the edge of the box of sand. He could
feel her disquiet over the whole thing, her protectiveness, and could
only offer her feeling of reassurance in reply.

He knew he couldn't keep them, he himself couldn't take care of 4
others and no one in his family needed one right now. That meant he
needed to find them homes as much as he didn't like the idea. With
that in mind he wrote out a note and posted it up in the dining hall:

~~Firelizard eggs in need of homes. If interested please contact
bluerider Rena, guard Opafergon, or tailor Fellan~~

He had debated for a long moment before adding himself on there just
because he knew how most people reacted to him, but in the end he
thought it may be more odd to leave his name off since Sharp was his
and so were the eggs. So he added it and decided he would just hope
anyone who tracked him down wouldn't be too rude.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Jerzy Tobin

~~Firelizard eggs in need of homes. If interested please contact bluerider Rena, guard Opafergon, or tailor Fellan~~

He had debated for a long moment before adding himself on there just because he knew how most people reacted to him, but in the end he thought it may be more odd to leave his name off since Sharp was his and so were the eggs. So he added it and decided he would just hope anyone who tracked him down wouldn't be too rude.
Isirdux had seen the notice on the board, and had felt his heart leap
into his chest at the thought of maybe claiming one of those eggs for
himself. He didn't have a single thing to offer as a trade, though...
But the notice didn't specify any kind of price attached... Were they
just giving the eggs away? The thought made the boy's mind reel. He
couldn't imagine anyone just giving away something so valuable! But..
this was the South, and there were tons of the little creatures all
over the Weyr, so they probably had more eggs than they knew what to
do with.

And wouldn't Impressing and taking care of a firelizard be something?!
He'd be the first person from his hold to have a firelizard, and he'd
heard stories about them being able to carry messages, so he could
write his mother all the time! *If* he could get an egg. There might
be a line, they might all be gone by the time he got there...

Of the three people listed, Isirdux decided he would go look for
Fellan, rather than bother a rider or a guard. A tailor wouldn't be
so intimidating. He was glad this was his free afternoon, because it
took him a little bit to actually find where he was looking for, and
then go and find Fellan.

"Excuse me?" Isirdux querried politely. "Are you the one with the flit eggs?"

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Kouga

[...]

It was one of the times when Fellan wasn't with Bronwynn, as usually
was with the older apprentice when he could help it since it made
things easier for him and other people both. Though he was glad though
that he had been able to pry Sharp away from her eggs, though he
supposed that was become Mama Rena had been free and she and Seek were
watching the eggs, because it was harder when he relied on Storm the
blue just wasn't as good at staying he needed him. Still while someone
had directed Isirdux to him, probably giving him a weird look for
looking for Fellan in the first place, it wasn't until the older male
was there and talking that he had any idea he had company.

He looked up when Sharp knocked him on the side of the head with her
wing offering an image of the other male blinking at him catching just
the last couple of words. The image Sharp offered of her eggs up in
Rena's weyr assured him he was probably right in what he had caught.
He settled down the hide he had been going over and picked up his
slate and charcoal sitting to his side writing out a quick 'You are
here about the eggs?' and holding it up for the other to read as he
himself focused on the other's mouth.

ooc: fyi Fellan is deaf

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Jerzy Tobin

He looked up when Sharp knocked him on the side of the head with her wing offering an image of the other male blinking at him catching just the last couple of words. The image Sharp offered of her eggs up in Rena's weyr assured him he was probably right in what he had caught. He settled down the hide he had been going over and picked up his slate and charcoal sitting to his side writing out a quick 'You are here about the eggs?' and holding it up for the other to read as he himself focused on the other's mouth.
Isirdux had been confused for a moment, when the younger lad hadn't
responded to his greeting. Then, when the firelizard on his shoulder
- a gold! - had nudged him to alert him, and the boy had picked up a
slate, the candidate had an inkling of what was up. Some of the
elderly uncles and aunties at the hold had gone deaf, and used similar
slates and such to communicate when just plain shouting and gesturing
wouldn't suffice. Reading the words on the slate, Isirdux nodded
eagerly.

"I am," he said out loud, affirmingly.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Kouga

Isirdux had been confused for a moment, when the younger lad hadn't responded to his greeting. Then, when the firelizard on his shoulder - a gold! - had nudged him to alert him, and the boy had picked up a slate, the candidate had an inkling of what was up. Some of the elderly uncles and aunties at the hold had gone deaf, and used similar slates and such to communicate when just plain shouting and gesturing wouldn't suffice. Reading the words on the slate, Isirdux nodded eagerly.
"I am," he said out loud, affirmingly.<<

At the nod Fellan offered the other male a grin before clearing his
slate and writing again "There are three eggs left. Did you want to go
see them? Or would you just like any one?" he questioned ignoring the
way Sharp was watching the other boy and hunkering down on his
shoulder though also glad that the candidate didn't seem to mind
having to read. The other one who had come by didn't seem to mind
either and it really was nice to find people who didn't mind his
'issue'.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Jerzy Tobin

At the nod Fellan offered the other male a grin before clearing his slate and writing again "There are three eggs left. Did you want to go see them? Or would you just like any one?" he questioned ignoring the way Sharp was watching the other boy and hunkering down on his shoulder though also glad that the candidate didn't seem to mind having to read. The other one who had come by didn't seem to mind either and it really was nice to find people who didn't mind his 'issue'.
Well, he was eager to see a flit egg up close, but at the same time,
if they were being watched elsewhere, Isirdux didn't want to be
getting in the way. And besides which, he'd get to see it soon
enough, when it was given to him., right? He didn't need to pick out
any specific egg, just having one given was enough.

"Any egg is fine," Isirdux said slowly and carefully.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Kouga

Well, he was eager to see a flit egg up close, but at the same time, if they were being watched elsewhere, Isirdux didn't want to be getting in the way. And besides which, he'd get to see it soon enough, when it was given to him., right? He didn't need to pick out any specific egg, just having one given was enough.
"Any egg is fine," Isirdux said slowly and carefully.<<

Fellan considered the older male for a moment before shrugging it off
and pulling a scrap of hide from his pocket and writing out a note to
his Mama asking her to bring down one of Sharp's eggs for him. Rolling
up the note a mental image to Sharp had her make her way down his arm
and onto his stack of hides offering him her leg. He secured the note
before impressing on her the images of Rena and Hobath along with a
sense of urgency getting her to head off quickly. As soon as she
blinked out he resisted the urge to shudder, he didn't think he would
ever be used to not having one of them around now. Still now was not
the time, she would be back quickly or send him Storm he knew, but he
needed to be outside to meet Rena and 'Bath when they landed.

Clearing the slate again he wrote out a "Mama will bring one down with
her dragon, we'll meet them outside." and laid it to where the other
could read it to give Isirdux a moment to read it while Fellan cleared
up his mess of hides. Once he had them rolled up and secured he waved
the older boy to follow as he made his way out scribbling a "Done for
the day." on his slate that he held up for one of the Jm they passed
who barely paused enough to read it before waving him on. Fellan
ignored the usual treatment from the others, hooking his slate to his
belt, and his stick back into the pouch he had for it even as he
pulled out two leather cuffs from another pouch securing one to each
wrist where there were clearly tan lines, each holding five bells on
them.

It hadn't taken too long for them to get out to a place where a dragon
could land, but it had been enough. He paused his progress when Storm
appeared from between in front of him, glad for the blue's presence as
he let him lose some of the tension he had gotten from the breath
Sharp left, holding his hands up to the blue flit. It was as he looked
up though that he also noticed a familiar blue just coming down and
landing far enough away he wouldn't kick dust up onto him or the
candidate with him. He mentally reached out to Hobath hoping he was
listening even as he grinned moving towards the pair with a [[Hello
'Bath]] glancing back at Isirdux to make sure he was following, but as
always eager to be with his family and not exactly slow in moving to
met the blue and his rider.

Rena quickly spotted Fellan and the boy with him that Sharp had given
her the image of when she asked the gold why Fellan wanted an egg. She
was careful when she slid down Hobath's shoulder using one hand to
grip the rather fully carry bag she had over her shoulder. Once she
was on her feet she shifted the bag to a better position and moved
towards the two boys waving to them before starting to speak once she
was close enough. "::I guess you are why Fellan needed one of the
eggs?::" she questioned looking the unknown male over, as usual
anymore both speaking and signing at the same time, before really
taking in his knots "::A candidate then? How have you been coping?::"
she had to ask because she knew Fellan wouldn't think too. If his head
wasn't in a good place after the hatching he may not be able to bond
to the little hatching, so she had to ask.

ooc: sorry Rena's just gotta be worried for him for a moment make sure
he's ok~ish :)

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Jerzy Tobin

Rena quickly spotted Fellan and the boy with him that Sharp had given her the image of when she asked the gold why Fellan wanted an egg. She was careful when she slid down Hobath's shoulder using one hand to grip the rather fully carry bag she had over her shoulder. Once she was on her feet she shifted the bag to a better position and moved towards the two boys waving to them before starting to speak once she was close enough. "::I guess you are why Fellan needed one of the eggs?::" she questioned looking the unknown male over, as usual anymore both speaking and signing at the same time, before really taking in his knots "::A candidate then? How have you been coping?::" she had to ask because she knew Fellan wouldn't think too. If his head wasn't in a good place after the hatching he may not be able to bond to the little hatching, so she had to ask.
Isirdux followed the boy outside, standing back politely as the dragon
landed, and bowed politely before saluting the rider. He approached
when beckoned over, offering a friendly smile that waverted a bit at
the question. How had he been coping? Fair question, he guessed.

"Well enough, I guess?" Isirdux offered. "At least, so the mindhealer
tells me. The nightmares have mostly passed, anyways."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Kouga

Isirdux followed the boy outside, standing back politely as the dragon landed, and bowed politely before saluting the rider. He approached when beckoned over, offering a friendly smile that waverted a bit at the question. How had he been coping? Fair question, he guessed.
"Well enough, I guess?" Isirdux offered. "At least, so the mindhealer
tells me. The nightmares have mostly passed, anyways."<<

Rena nodded at the answer offering the boy a smile "::Glad to hear it.
Fellan wouldn't think about it, but I think it only fair to ask so you
can be warned. Flits are not like dragons; they will bond to whoever
feeds them when they hatch, but you have to focus and think happy and
welcoming thoughts.::"

Fellan's eye widened at the words turning a bit red especially as he
realized this was the second candidate and he /hadn't/ thought about
it with the first one. ::Sorry MamaRena. Sharp's other egg that is
gone went to a candidate too and I didn't tell him.:: he told the
bluerider.

Rena automatically translated for Fellan to Isirdux as he signed
before patting Fellan on the head "::It's ok, you're not a healer.::"
she promised the nearly 13 turn old who nodded. That settled she
returned attention to Isirdux "::If you are ok with that and think it
won't be a problem I did bring the egg Fellan asked for.::" she
advised him indicating the bag she had.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric