Topics

Walking Whers (Diagir/Any)

Ren

Light evening settled on the chaotic Weyr and found Diagir out with his brown and gold whers. Ziya had her head high which usually signaled a run, but his math showed she was still far too early after Lustre's clutch. Perhaps she was just feeling particularly proud which would be acceptable given her color. Diagirsk, for his part, was walking with his head at medium height and his iron collar jingling on his neck. Ziya's own collar had been trimmed in brass to represent gold and fit quite nicely on her now that she was an adult.

The warm tropical night felt good to human and wher. Diagir himself was merely wearing a tanktop and shorts which showed off his myriad of scars from his Turns and Turns of wher training. Everyone was relaxed and calm, perfectly approachable by man or beast.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

V'drare listened to the night from where Vaidrarsk had paused to sniff at the ground. Faranth knew the tiredness he felt wouldn't be alleviated by an evening walk, but perhaps some of the restlessness would. Gently tugging on the leash, he got his green wher underway.

On Sep 7, 2020, at 4:25 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

[...]

Ziya smelled her first, knowing that scent. It was her daughter who had left them. She directed the trio towards the scent before letting out a low warble.

{'drarsk, Mama Ziya.}

Hearing her greeting, DIagir looked for the rider he knew would be accompanying her. "V'drare? Is that you, then?"

--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"Last I looked, yes."

There was no rancor in the answer, just a deep tiredness. He guided his wher towards the three dimly lit figures, a smile tugging at his lips in spite of all that had been happening as the green beside him warbled her own greeting.

"How are you, Diagir?"

On Sep 7, 2020, at 4:42 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

Ziya smelled her first, knowing that scent. It was her daughter who had left them. She directed the trio towards the scent before letting out a low warble.

{'drarsk, Mama Ziya.}

Hearing her greeting, DIagir looked for the rider he knew would be accompanying her. "V'drare? Is that you, then?"

--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"As well as anyone can be in these times, I suppose," Diagir replied. "I was at the Hatching and saw what happened... I don't even think I've seen a wher do that in all my Turns. Just... that poor child..."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"WHo do we pity?" V'drare inquired softly. "The dead, the injured, or the Impressed?"

On Sep 7, 2020, at 4:49 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"As well as anyone can be in these times, I suppose," Diagir replied. "I was at the Hatching and saw what happened... I don't even think I've seen a wher do that in all my Turns. Just... that poor child..."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"I should say the Impressed. The dead have no more worries and are at peace. The injured will heal and move on. But the Impressed... dragons are not monsters, but some of those... are. That one who literally ate the boy, what will she be like when she grows? WIll she grow out of her vicious ways? Or will she grow into.... something terrible. Like a wher with no training."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"No one can say," V'drare murmured. He shook his head, not unmoved by his words, not unaware that they might be very true.

"I suspect we'll have to wait and see."

Just then, a nose slipped into his hand. He scratched the wher without looking.

On Sep 7, 2020, at 5:03 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"I should say the Impressed. The dead have no more worries and are at peace. The injured will heal and move on. But the Impressed... dragons are not monsters, but some of those... are. That one who literally ate the boy, what will she be like when she grows? WIll she grow out of her vicious ways? Or will she grow into.... something terrible. Like a wher with no training."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"It must be hard for you riders especially," Diagir emphathized. "I don't know anything about dragons, only whers and canines. But I know that if a baby wher murdered a human, it would be put down. No dragon can have that happen, though."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"That one dragon," V'drare temporized, "could save a single life or many fighting Thread. There's no telling. But it does seem....horrendous and very unfare to the youngling who Impressed her."

On Sep 7, 2020, at 5:17 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"It must be hard for you riders especially," Diagir emphathized. "I don't know anything about dragons, only whers and canines. But I know that if a baby wher murdered a human, it would be put down. No dragon can have that happen, though."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"Wasn't it the mindhealer's daughter? I don't know the candidates but they do seem rather similar in appearance." Diagir shrugged slightly. "At least she'll have mental help available to sort out herself with that green."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"No, she's T'rif's girl," he said. "I don't doubt there's a line of Healers to assist her, though."