Topics

The Rescue (atten: Andronda)

Steelsilver

D'jarin was watching the ice skaters, content to let those who knew what they were doing glide around without feeling the slightest urge to join in himself, when he saw the faint cracks along the ice- and the woman who was skating right for it.

There wasn't time to do anything but react, and so he moved, lurching toward her awkwardly over the ice. "Wait- stop!"

(ooc: your call if she falls in or not- he can pull her out if so.)

Jerzy Tobin

D'jarin was watching the ice skaters, content to let those who knew what they were doing glide around without feeling the slightest urge to join in himself, when he saw the faint cracks along the ice- and the woman who was skating right for it.

There wasn't time to do anything but react, and so he moved, lurching toward her awkwardly over the ice. "Wait- stop!"
Skating was a favorite pastime of Andronda's. Back when she'd been
just a regular holder girl, she and her siblings and cousins would
skate often in the winter on the little pond near the Hold for as long
as the ice held firm. Wooden runners tied to boots made for a fun
afternoon or evening, and even as cold as it was, the constant
movement kept one warm. And while she wasn't good enough for things
like trick skating, she was more than good enough not to be among
those floundering and flopping around like fish out of water.

She was good enough that when she heard the shout to stop that she
brought herself to a stop right quick - assuming that the fellow
shouting had spotted something or someone had slipped and was sliding
into her path or something of the sort. She didn't see the cracks in
the ice beneath her until it was too late, and suddenly there was no
ice under her feet, but instead ice cold water rushing up around her!
Andronda shouted in alarm, then in pain as her legs came to a jarring
stop, causing her to lose her balance and topple over, breaking more
ice and falling into the water - the thankfully shallow - freezing
cold water.

(ooc: your call if she falls in or not- he can pull her out if so.)

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

D'jarin swore- his call of alarm too late- and then splashed in after her, gritting his teeth even as he reached down, helped her back onto her feet. "Are you hurt? Can you stand?" He'd seen the way she fell, and kept his grip light but firm until she could answer. "I'm going to move us out of the water, okay?"

Jerzy Tobin

D'jarin swore- his call of alarm too late- and then splashed in after her, gritting his teeth even as he reached down, helped her back onto her feet. "Are you hurt? Can you stand?" He'd seen the way she fell, and kept his grip light but firm until she could answer. "I'm going to move us out of the water, okay?"
The shock of the cold water and the painful ache in her ankles made it
difficult for Andronda to say anything, so she simply nodded and let
him lift her up. Her guards were on her a moment later, pushing the
fellow aside and ushering her to the shore, keeping the rest of the
gathering folks away, though the broken ice did a fairly good job of
that on its own. Still, an accident always drew attention, and her
guards were overly cautious, as they should be, even if this was, by
all accounts, a natural accident.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

The bronzerider hesitated and then followed, though he kept a respectful distance. (Vizslath, call for a Healer.) He told the bronze, just in case. "Is- is she gonna be okay?" He asked, after a moment, hesitating again before tugging off his jacket, holding it out in offer. "Here. Until.. Until she's got something better."

((A healer comes.)) Vizslath told him a moment later.

"My dragon says a Healer is coming to see to her."

Jerzy Tobin

The bronzerider hesitated and then followed, though he kept a respectful distance. (Vizslath, call for a Healer.) He told the bronze, just in case. "Is- is she gonna be okay?" He asked, after a moment, hesitating again before tugging off his jacket, holding it out in offer. "Here. Until.. Until she's got something better."

((A healer comes.)) Vizslath told him a moment later.

"My dragon says a Healer is coming to see to her."
"I-I'm fine," Andronda insisted, through chattering teeth as the
guards checked her over for injuries. Well, other than her throbbing
ankles, and being practically frozen. But she wasn't in serious
danger, so long as she got dried off and warmed up quickly. But she
was definitely done skating, and she'd probably not be walking much
for the rest of the day, either. Not exactly how she had wanted her
time at the Fayre to go, but that was life.

"There's no need," The guard replied briskly, waving off the proffered
jacket. The second guard had already draped her own coat around
Andronda's shoulders. "We'll need to get your name and statement once
the Lady is taken care of."

Even if it was an accident, they wanted to have everything checked out
to be absolutely certain.

The healer arrived then, directing the guards to help Andronda towards
one of the tents lining the bank of the lake that were being used as
warming centers. Someone was sent off to find dry clothes for
Andronda to change into while the Healer checked her over. It
wouldn't take long to catch a cold if she remained in wet clothes in
the freezing weather.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

"At least let me help-- the Lady." D'jarin persisted. "The nearest warming center's over there. And I can pay for the winter clothes." He continued to follow, if at a respectful distance; awkward now. "It was my fault. That she fell in."