Topics

The Nightmare is Over, Right? Att: Isirdux/Lan

Jerzy Tobin

His first ever Hatching had been a disaster, but at least he'd made it
out alive, right? There were bloody marks on both his chest and his
thigh, but neither injury was actually life threatening. His robes
were ruined, but he'd be around to make another set. That's what he
kept telling himself as things began to get sorted out, and a healer
was called over to check and tend to his wounds.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Lan had watched everything happen from the sidelines, maintaining a mask of calm composure even as the candidates began filing off the Sands. It was difficult to see, death, but it always filled him with a sense of determination, of purpose. There was nothing to be done for the boy who had perished under the claws of that green, but for others, there was still hope. To death they would say, 'not today.'

The tattered, bloody front on one boy's robes drew his attention as he approached. "Name?" Lan called out directly, cutting straight to the point. "And age? Seem to have caught some claws. We'll need to clean those and get them bandaged. And perhaps something for the pain, too, hmm?" He moved forward to meet the boy halfway, guiding him to the area marked off for examinations.

"Go ahead and pull that off," he indicated the torn robe.

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020, 4:11 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
[...]

"I-Isirdux, Sir," the boy managed to stammer out, still trying to
process everything that had happened. "And I'm 15."

He followed the healer to the area marked off for examinations, more
than eager to get the torn and bloody robe off, and get something for
the pain. The scratches on chest and thigh hurt a lot, but once the
panic of almost being mauled began to drain from him, he noted that
they weren't as deep as he'd initially imagined. Oh, they'd leave
scars, sure, but nothing huge or horrific. He'd been very lucky, it
seemed.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Lan had ready a Healer's examination gown for when the boy had finished removing the ruined clothes. He did not turn away for the disrobing process, though his eyes stayed only on the wounds revealed now in their entirety. "Three lacerations on the chest, four on the thigh," his voice was impassionate and near monotone, analytical. Thinking aloud more than speaking for the boy's benefit. "Might need a few stitches along the deepest gashes, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Take a seat."

Collecting a vial of redwort from the case nearby, Lan returned with cloth in hand that he doused heavily with the astringent. "Have to clean these out first, and this will hurt, but I promise cutting off the leg in a few weeks after an infection sets in hurts worse." Without waiting for permission, and giving no further warning, Lan began the process of sanitizing the skin around the torn flesh and cleansing the wound of sandy detritus.

On Mon, Sep 7, 2020, 5:46 AM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> The tattered, bloody front on one boy's robes drew his attention as he approached. "Name?" Lan called out directly, cutting straight to the point. "And age? Seem to have caught some claws. We'll need to clean those and get them bandaged. And perhaps something for the pain, too, hmm?" He moved forward to meet the boy halfway, guiding him to the area marked off for examinations.
>
> "Go ahead and pull that off," he indicated the torn robe.

"I-Isirdux, Sir," the boy managed to stammer out, still trying to
process everything that had happened.  "And I'm 15."

He followed the healer to the area marked off for examinations, more
than eager to get the torn and bloody robe off, and get something for
the pain.  The scratches on chest and thigh hurt a lot, but once the
panic of almost being mauled began to drain from him, he noted that
they weren't as deep as he'd initially imagined.  Oh, they'd leave
scars, sure, but nothing huge or horrific.  He'd been very lucky, it
seemed.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

Lan had ready a Healer's examination gown for when the boy had finished removing the ruined clothes. He did not turn away for the disrobing process, though his eyes stayed only on the wounds revealed now in their entirety. "Three lacerations on the chest, four on the thigh," his voice was impassionate and near monotone, analytical. Thinking aloud more than speaking for the boy's benefit. "Might need a few stitches along the deepest gashes, but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it. Take a seat."

Collecting a vial of redwort from the case nearby, Lan returned with cloth in hand that he doused heavily with the astringent. "Have to clean these out first, and this will hurt, but I promise cutting off the leg in a few weeks after an infection sets in hurts worse." Without waiting for permission, and giving no further warning, Lan began the process of sanitizing the skin around the torn flesh and cleansing the wound of sandy detritus.
Honestly, the wholey clinical attitude of his wounds had the effect of
grounding Isirdux, bringing him back down to a much calmer level.
Yes, the wounds hurt, but if the healer was reacting so calmly to
them, then they couldn't be that bad, right? He sat as ordered,
giving a weak smile at the joke about cutting off a leg. That was a
joke, right? Then he yelped loudly as the redwort came into contact
with his skin, bringing a new spate of tears to his eyes. This was
almost as bad as when the sharding dragon attacked him!

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146