Topics

That Was Intense! (Attn: Kashara/Mendl)

Laurie

The Weyrwoman had given Mendl permission to stay on the Sands to keep an eye on Foreth, but she didn't say anything about not talking to anyone--especially if they were there.

She hadn't had a chance to get to know Kashara well, but now was as good a time as any, since she was there, having brought M'gal and T'rif, and the ice for Foreth. So, keeping one ear out for any distress Foreth could be in she walked over to her fellow candidate.

"Hi, I've seen you in classes. I'm Mendl. Thanks for being so quick. Poor Foreth has gone through so much." She'd forgotten that she was covered in all kinds of birthing goop, but in a way didn't care. To her, it was a badge of honor.

sailyn2

"Nice to meet you," Kashara said. "I'm Kashara. Thank you for helping with Foreth. She had a real hard time of it this go. I know both she and my mom are very appreciative, though don't feel too bad if neither actually show it."

Laurie

Mendl partially grimaced and nodded. "I know. I've been taking care of Foreth's leg--she chases some of the other apprentices off. They need to understand they won't get very far in dragonhealing if they allow themselves to be bullied." She looked back to where Foreth was coddling her eggs. It was already obvious that she didn't care much about the others, only the two golds.

"The Weyrwoman, on the other hand..." She rolled her eyes. There may have been a truce going on during Foreth's ordeal, but now that it was over, she just knew Kassia would treat her with the same contempt she always did.

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 10:52 AM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
"Nice to meet you," Kashara said. "I'm Kashara. Thank you for helping with Foreth. She had a real hard time of it this go. I know both she and my mom are very appreciative, though don't feel too bad if neither actually show it."

sailyn2

"Mom can be hard to get along with sometimes," Kashara finished for her. "Believe me, we have a much better relationship now that we're seldom around each other than we did when she was trying to be a parent. She's very good at being a Weyrwoman. Not so good at relationships sometimes."

Laurie

"Yeah, I guess," Mendl said. "She really doesn't like it when I get mad at her for yelling at Foreth. And really, I have no right to say anything. But it's hard not to when you see how much a dragon is suffering, then you walk in on their rider berating them for not eating." She sighed. "Of course, I didn't know Kassia was pregnant, too. I may have been less likely to judge..." She thought for a moment. "Nah, I still would have.

"But can you believe it? Two golds? I wonder if each was sired by a different dragon, or if they're both...I've never seen this happen before. Not even with firelizards. Well, that I know of. But I've never seen a flit have two gold eggs."