Topics

Stalking Shadows Att: Garatt/Arch

Jerzy Tobin

The stables were a place that ranked high on the list of Arch's
favorites. There were tons of things to slink around and under, to
creep and stalk. Plenty of prey to hunt, also. There were lots of
things, bugs and rodents and the like hiding in the straw and hay.
The big things didn't really bother Arch; he was fast enough to jump
Between if necessary. His pet wasn't with him at that moment, which
didn't bother the young blue flit at all. His had things to do, and
so did Arch. And right now, that thing was hunting. Oh, he could
wait for his Pet to give him food, but where was the fun in that?
Especially when he was *made* for hunting?

Of course, when the smell of sausages tickled his dark blue nose, the
flit paused behind the hay bale he was using for cover. The scent was
just too tempting to ignore, and the dark midnight blue flit began
slinking and skulking his way across the room towards the source of
the wonderful smell.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

Garatt had turned cautiously hearing the rustle. Sometimes you got tunnelsnakes and other vermin out in the stables and he didn't particularly want to end up sharing his sandwich with one of those.

It didn't look like a tunnelsnake though. He could see *something* in the shadows, even if he wasn't sure what, but it had legs. Cat maybe? Small dog? Garatt peered and then broke a little from the sausage at the side of his sandwich, proffering it. Better not to approach in case whatever it was was shy. "Come on then," he called in a voice only a little above a whisper. "I won't hurt you."

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 10:07 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
[...]

Arch froze for a long moment at the movement and the sound of the
voice, soft as it was. The noises were much like the sort his Human
pet made when trying to coax him out from under the bed. For a moment
the blue flit considered what to do, then, slowly, crept out of cover
and into sight. The smell of the sausage was too enticing to leave.
Slowly and carefully, Arch approached Garatt, stretching his head out
towards the offered tidbit, nibbling at it, though he kept a wary eye
on the boy.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Oh, you're lovely." Garatt kept his voice down to that hushed whisper, worried he might scare the firelizard. "It's okay. I won't hurt you. Do you belong to someone?" He held his hand very still, letting the blue nibble from it.

On Sun, Oct 25, 2020 at 10:06 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> Garatt had turned cautiously hearing the rustle. Sometimes you got tunnelsnakes and other vermin out in the stables and he didn't particularly want to end up sharing his sandwich with one of those.
>
> It didn't look like a tunnelsnake though. He could see *something* in the shadows, even if he wasn't sure what, but it had legs. Cat maybe? Small dog? Garatt peered and then broke a little from the sausage at the side of his sandwich, proffering it. Better not to approach in case whatever it was was shy. "Come on then," he called in a voice only a little above a whisper. "I won't hurt you."

Arch froze for a long moment at the movement and the sound of the
voice, soft as it was.  The noises were much like the sort his Human
pet made when trying to coax him out from under the bed.  For a moment
the blue flit considered what to do, then, slowly, crept out of cover
and into sight.  The smell of the sausage was too enticing to leave.
Slowly and carefully, Arch approached Garatt, stretching his head out
towards the offered tidbit, nibbling at it, though he kept a wary eye
on the boy.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

"Oh, you're lovely." Garatt kept his voice down to that hushed whisper, worried he might scare the firelizard. "It's okay. I won't hurt you. Do you belong to someone?" He held his hand very still, letting the blue nibble from it.
There were no sudden movements, no loud noises, so Arch relaxed and
came closer yet. Close enough to be in easy reach of the boy and his
food. As long as things were quiet, Arch saw no reason not to stay
put and get himself some more sausage. He chirruped softly at the
boy, sounding like a very, very soft squeak, as a greeting.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Are you still hungry? Do you want more?" Garatt broke off another piece of sausage and held it out, closer to himself this time. "Where's your owner then? Are you lost?"