Topics

Sooo did you just not like me? {M'gil, T'rif}

Kouga

It hadn't taken long for him to find the other male, not when dragons
were involved at least. M'gil still was not looking too great after
his stint on rations, well ok so he wasn't looking bad, but it was
clear that he wasn't great or even quite like he should either. Still
all that wasn't going to stop the bluerider, not when he had a chance
like this [[Tulioth find him, get us a meeting.]] he demanded once he
knew the blue had the right person.

If he could the blue would have rolled his eyes at his rider's
craziness, but honestly even he was a bit subdued from their stint on
punishment right now. So rather than commenting he he instead reached
out to the bronze it had taken him so long to find {{Kasheth I am
Tulioth and mine is M'gil. He has been looking for yours and hopes
that yours can find some time to talk with him. We know there are
candidates for yours to look after, but it would mean a lot to my
rider.}}

ooc: Trif may have caught word from his dragon or someone that Tulioth
was looking for him for the past couple of days up to you of course.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

Kasheth passed on the name and T'rif started. He hadn't heard that name since...well a very long time. Had yet another child come back into his life? Could it be true? There must be some fate working either for or against him with suddenly having so many children in his life when he'd had none.

He conferred with his lifemate and Kasheth sent back, ((Mine is busy in his office, but he would be glad to see Yours if Yours comes to his office.))

sailyn2

OOC: Fix due to understanding

T'rif wasn't sure who wanted to talk to him. Some parent of a Candidate, probably.  Either way, he wasn't chasing around for him.

Kasheth relayed for him. ((Mine is busy in his office, but he would be glad to see Yours if Yours comes to his office.))

Kouga

T'rif wasn't sure who wanted to talk to him. Some parent of a Candidate, probably. Either way, he wasn't chasing around for him.
Kasheth relayed for him. ((Mine is busy in his office, but he would be
glad to see Yours if Yours comes to his office.)) <<

{{Thank you M'gil will be there shortly and he is sorry if he is
interrupting yours.}} Tulioth replied to the bronze after passing on
the message to his rider who's thinks was there if a bit terse.

M'gil did make a point of making sure his uniform was straight, but
well it only did so much for well what ever he was experiencing. He
couldn't help pausing at the entrance to the candidate barracks to
look around, he hadn't ever been in the despite Tulioth, and found
them really not that interesting and not something he minded missing
not that he had seen them. After a long moment though he stopped one
of the passing girls and asked her which way to the man he was looking
for since well 'his office' didn't help much when you were new. He
couldn't help another pause at the door he was directed too as those
doubts crept in, but well he was here and he wanted to know. So with
that he lifted his hand knocking on the bronzerider's door leaving
himself to what would happen now.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

T'rif was on the other side of the door doing paperwork. It seemed lately he was either counseling a Candidate or he was doing paperwork about counseling that Candidate. A lot of Candidates were having issues after the run on the Hatching Sands and the tightening of the rules.

"Come in," he called loudly.

Kouga

T'rif was on the other side of the door doing paperwork. It seemed lately he was either counseling a Candidate or he was doing paperwork about counseling that Candidate. A lot of Candidates were having issues after the run on the Hatching Sands and the tightening of the rules.
"Come in," he called loudly.<<

M'gil hesitated a brief flash, but forced himself not to, he was a JM
and he knew how to not panic, he could do this. He made his way into
the office at the call making a point to push the door shut behind
him, he didn't exactly want the candidates to hear, not when he had no
clue what the man would have to way. The hides all over his desk spoke
of way too much to do and not enough time to do it. He hadn't had to
deal with that very often but he had it often enough that he
understood, though it had been less of a problem in the past couple of
turns, but well that was another thing entirely. "Bronzerider T'rif?"
he asked after a moment of studying the man making sure he had the
right person.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

T'rif was surprised to see a man on the otherside. A full grown rider. He wondered if the man was a father to one of the Candidates and was coming to yell.

"ACM and Candidate counselor T'rifoshe, yes," he said formally just in case this was someone coming to yell. Best to remind them of his position as more than just a bronze rider.  "How can I help you?"

Kouga

T'rif was surprised to see a man on the otherside. A full grown rider. He wondered if the man was a father to one of the Candidates and was coming to yell.
"ACM and Candidate counselor T'rifoshe, yes," he said formally just in
case this was someone coming to yell. Best to remind them of his
position as more than just a bronze rider. "How can I help you?" <<

M'gil had so much he wanted to say, had spent the last couple of days
since they arrived working on his speech in his head but suddenly he
felt like a first turn apprentice again under that gaze. A gaze he
knew well and has seen every time he caught his reflection in the
water. It was the one think Kiriona promised him came from his dad,
came from T'rifoshe and he supposed she was right. "Sir my name is
M'gil, formerly Megil, now of bleu Tulioth and Jm Harper and..." and
ya there was more he had practiced he knew it, but suddenly it was
just all gone. It was probably everything that had happened recently,
but he just couldn't keep it up right now and instead after a pause
just added a "Did you just not like me?"

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

The man looked oddly like him, but T'rif had no reason to think they were related or had even ever met. The words caught him off guard and he frowned with confusion.

"Excuse me?"

Kouga

The man looked oddly like him, but T'rif had no reason to think they were related or had even ever met. The words caught him off guard and he frowned with confusion.
"Excuse me?" <<

"Kiriona my mother told me your name every time I asked about my dad,
she said it was a one time thing she never told me more just that it
happened and she knew it was you. You never wrote to me though and I
didn't know how to find you until my promotion, but thanks happened
and I couldn't try to find you. I never heard anything from you . Did
you just not like me, or did you just not care about your kids? I've
realized some riders don't." M'gil offered mentally cringing at how
badly worded that was. He was a harper and he really should be better
with his words.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

Did someone somehow start saying how much he loved finding out about his daughters and put this young man up to it? But no, the name sounded familiar and he hoped that no one would just make up a connection to him. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility, but he really hoped this man was there in earnest.

"I...had no idea you existed," T'rif said, still a bit stunned at the prospect of yet another child from his past. "It would have been from a flight. That doesn't mean that I don't welcome you into my life or that you're worth any less. I just didn't know."

Kouga

Did someone somehow start saying how much he loved finding out about his daughters and put this young man up to it? But no, the name sounded familiar and he hoped that no one would just make up a connection to him. It wasn't out of the realm of possibility, but he really hoped this man was there in earnest.
"I...had no idea you existed," T'rif said, still a bit stunned at the
prospect of yet another child from his past. "It would have been from
a flight. That doesn't mean that I don't welcome you into my life or
that you're worth any less. I just didn't know." <<

M'gil couldn't help a frown at the words, he heard them, but they
didn't make sense. No surely she would have sent word to him, right?
He opened his mouth to offer a reply, but shut it again before
anything came out. "I'm sorry. I thought you knew and just didn't care
or something." he offered after a moment "I think I need to send her a
message."

He nodded mentally at the thought and taking in the rest of the words
"Would be the best thought yes, but she would never have admitted to
something like that when I was that young I don't think. I hope I can
say the same, but it has been a long couple of turns, especially the
last sevenday." He offered suddenly tired the energy that had at
gotten him here run out and for once glad for Tulioth offering his
mental support. He might somewhat resent what Tulioth brought to him,
but the support, the everlasting support was something he did try to
work for at least on most days naely the days they weren't ignoring or
yelling at each other.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," T'rif said. "But I'm happy to get to know you now. And to introduce you to the rest of your family. Tell me about yourself, though."?

Kouga

"I'm sorry, I didn't know," T'rif said. "But I'm happy to get to know you now. And to introduce you to the rest of your family. Tell me about yourself, though."?<<
"I'll send Kiriona a message and see if I can figure out... I..."
M'gil slumpted a bit slightly unsure just how he should be feeling
right now. He had been all for being rejected or unwanted, but
unknown? That had not occurred to him somehow that the man wouldn't
have known about him. "I would like that Sir." he offered after a
pause, deciding that meeting the rest of his family did sound nice now
that he suddenly knew they existed, before there was another pause as
he tried to gather his own thoughts.

"I've not got too much to tell honestly. I was born in the Harper
Hall, loved my mother, loved my lessons, and had no issues with where
I was. When I turned 12 I liked it so much I decided to be a harper.
Things were good and once I hit senior apprentice at 17 mom managed to
get a flit egg from one of the gathers I think because she said it was
a Callamere, that's where I got Chel from. I also started traveling
round then, after a bit of extra training, to help with maping and
such. I managed to get my Journeyman knots at 22, though not before
Chel found a canine she insisted on keeping I call him Odd Ball, he
doesn't do much but she insisted we keep him. After my promotion I was
assigned to Benden Hold, or rather stationed there with the intention
of moving around to the smaller holds and helping them learn their
ballads and such which worked for a few months. On a couple days break
I decided to go see the Weyr and there just happened to be a hatching,
just my luck I guess and Tulioth found me in the stands."

Another brief pause as he frowned at the thought "I didn't want to be
a rider, still don't, nearly sent him between at least a couple of
times in our early months I think. We fight all the time and Benden
didn't like that I kept insisting I was a harper and that I prefer to
spend my time outside the Weyr when I can. Put me on rations for a
sevenday last time they got mad then sent me here because they didn't
want to deal with me anymore. I make sure to take care of him and I
don't care that 'Fall is dangerous or I could get hurt, I care I
didn't have a choice. My choice had been Harper not rider." he
explained if T'rif wanted to know about his life he might as well tell
him about how bad it had been recently...

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

"I'm sorry that things didn't work out the way you wanted," T'rif said with real sympathy. "I hope that you can find a better life here. We do sometimes let riders who were strong into their craft to go do their craft after a while, so I'll enquire. There are no guarantees. But I think you should talk to the Weyrwoman. She's my neice and had and has some similar issues to what you've gone through."