Topics

So what do you think? {Dyarla, Dyrina}

Kouga

It had been a couple of days now since she had gotten to see the eggs,
and she would admit she was rather glad for it. It had been great to
see the eggs, though the various groups getting to see things at
different times was making it interesting. She just hoped the
Weyrwoman and Foreth would be ok.

Still now that she had actually seen them instead of just hearing
about them it got her to wondering more. She was excited for the
hatching, nervous of what would happen if she was found worth by one
of the golds, and just over all wondering what was going to happen.
She wanted things to hurry and not all at the same time. Still she did
have things she could do while she waited, including see her sister.
She had sent a message with Little Drum arranging a meeting with
Dyrina out by the lake, it had taken a bit of back and forth to find a
good time and place, but she was glad her sister had been able to get
some time.

She still very much admired his big sister, still very much wanted to
be her, but well she also couldn't help wanting more too. That was
what she had wanted talk to her sister about mainly of course, the
gold eggs and what Dyrina thought about her trying for them. So she
found herself by the lake a few minutes before her scheduled time to
meet just watching the water and the dragons in it.

ooc: hope this works

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

mglady3@...

"Hey, Lil' Sis." Dyrina greeted Dyarla cheerful, as she came up beside the younger woman. She seems to have come straight from wing drills, and had her her flight jacket slung casually over one arm, "I got your message. How's candidate life treating you these days? Heard we had quite the clutch on the sands."

On Sat, Aug 8, 2020 at 5:29 PM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
[...]

"Well with a clutch now they'll probably drag me back in to lessons
soon." Dyarla offered not sure how she thought about that part of the
whole thing. She knew the lessons were important and it was why she
learned them, but it was slightly frustrating to have the refreshers
like they had to have because it dragged her away from craft time.
Sure she would prefer being a rider, but well while she was there she
was trying to make the most of it, which she supposed was really her
complaint. "It's a good clutch. I think they will be opening the sands
to everyone soon, but they let most of us in. All the boys got to go
unless they did something stupid. The girls got to go after a talk
with the Weyrwoman, at least some of them did I think some were not
able to go from what I heard." she explained pausing a brief moment
before brining up what she really wanted, well not that she didn't
like talking to her sister just that well this was kind of important
to her "You heard there are two gold eggs?"

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

mglady3@...

Dyrina turned a bright, inquiring gaze on her younger sister. "Yes, I did hear that." In fact, Dyrina would be surprised had anyone in the Weyr not heard, dragons and weyrfolk being the true gossips at heart that they were. She chuckled. "Upset more than one betting pool from what I've heard."

She arced an inquisitive eyebrow. She had some ideas on where this conversation might be going, but it was better to allow the younger woman to get there at her own pace. "Why do you ask?"

On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 8:18 AM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
>>"Hey, Lil' Sis." Dyrina greeted Dyarla cheerful, as she came up beside the younger woman. She seems to have come straight from wing drills, and had her her flight jacket slung casually over one arm, "I got your message. How's candidate life treating you these days? Heard we had quite the clutch on the sands." <<

"Well with a clutch now they'll probably drag me back in to lessons
soon." Dyarla offered not sure how she thought about that part of the
whole thing. She knew the lessons were important and it was why she
learned them, but it was slightly frustrating to have the refreshers
like they had to have because it dragged her away from craft time.
Sure she would prefer being a rider, but well while she was there she
was trying to make the most of it, which she supposed was really her
complaint. "It's a good clutch. I think they will be opening the sands
to everyone soon, but they let most of us in. All the boys got to go
unless they did something stupid. The girls got to go after a talk
with the Weyrwoman, at least some of them did I think some were not
able to go from what I heard." she explained pausing a brief moment
before brining up what she really wanted, well not that she didn't
like talking to her sister just that well this was kind of important
to her "You heard there are two gold eggs?"

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Kouga

Dyrina turned a bright, inquiring gaze on her younger sister. "Yes, I did hear that." In fact, Dyrina would be surprised had anyone in the Weyr not heard, dragons and weyrfolk being the true gossips at heart that they were. She chuckled. "Upset more than one betting pool from what I've heard."
She arced an inquisitive eyebrow. She had some ideas on where this
conversation might be going, but it was better to allow the younger
woman to get there at her own pace. "Why do you ask?"<<

Dyarla chuckled at that with a grin "I bet. Even if it did happen once
before who would ever bet on two golds especially with how that flight
went. I mean right after fall and how all three dragons ended up? No I
don't think anyone would have guessed that." she agreed.

She paused after that looking out over the lake watching the dragons
for a long moment before finally replying "I want one Dyrina." she
said finally after the pause looking back at her sister "Hatchings are
always exciting, but there are two out there. There are two little
golds, and I want one. I didn't know how much I wanted one until they
were on the sands." she confided in the older girl finally looking
away from the lake and back to the bluerider "Is that silly?" She
needed Dyrina to tell her that there was nothing wrong with it, that
there was nothing wrong with her wanting a gold, as always she needed
her sister to approve of her or at least not disapprove.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric