Topics

Shoulda Known Better (Macralan/Kos, any)

Ren

The beauty of a new place meant that there was always somewhere new to explore, especially for a dolphin pair. Macralan liked to pride himself on his ability to swim for good distances, but even he had to get out and walk for bits, or sit and take a break. Thankfully the south was loaded with fruits just begging to be plucked from the trees and Kos was always happy to bring his human some little fist that could be eaten raw with no problem (and just as happy to eat the leftovers!). The pair found plenty of firelizard nests but let them be for now- the creatures were just living their lives happily without human interference and who was Macralan to stop that? Besides, it wasn't like he had a particular need for one, though one of the little gold ones would of course be greatly enticing. No, best to not.

It was while contemplating the firelizards that Macralan noticed his footsteps becoming sluggish and difficult until suddenly he was unable to lift his feet. Looking down, he realized that he'd strayed into the softsands and was being sucked in. He stilled quickly and gave a whistle for Kos who came up quickly. He nosed around the sand briefly before clicking up at his partner.

"Mac'lan found softsand! Kos dig out." The dolphin began to do just that with his nose which proved to be remarkably effective until Macralan tried to move to ssee if he could be freed yet. He sank down more and earned a frustrated squeal from Kos as a result. "Want out? Stay still!" Kos snapped at Macralan before resuming his work. Mac decided to just stay still until Kos decided that he was free. While the mammal dug, Macralan could only wonder that no one knew where he was except his partner and a handful of wild firelizards. Very helpful. The water around him in the delta was just salty enough to not be drinkable and there was only so much fish he could eat before getting dehydrated. Macralan would just have to hope that either he was freed or someone would come along while Kos worked to free him.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in theĀ Shadow...

Aaron

While the mammal dug, Macralan could only wonder that no one knew where he was except his partner and a handful of wild firelizards. Very helpful. The water around him in the delta was just salty enough to not be drinkable and there was only so much fish he could eat before getting dehydrated. Macralan would just have to hope that either he was freed or someone would come along while Kos worked to free him.

((Are you in trouble?)) A blue dragon with a hide nearly dark as the night sky and speckled with lighter bits like starry freckles descended to the water. ((I can help, if you will allow it,)) he said to both the man and the dolphin.

Ren

Macralan looked about when he heard the voice, confused as to why he was hearing a very clear voice without seeing someone. The massive shadow caught Macralan's attention just as the body attached to it sank into the water and surprised Kos enough that the dolphin surfaced with many curious clicks. The pair realized together that they had their savior and grinned wide at the dragon.

"Ahoy there!" Macralan called happily. "Aye, I'm caught in the shoals here and my dolphin friend is trying to get me out. If you want to help, well I won't say no."

"Kos dig" the dolphin informed the dragon while miming the action against the water, using his bottlenose to gently splash water. "Sand much wet, fall back. Drag'n have big'r paws, mebbe dig better!"
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in theĀ Shadow...

Aaron

"Ahoy there!" Macralan called happily. "Aye, I'm caught in the shoals here and my dolphin friend is trying to get me out. If you want to help, well I won't say no."

"Kos dig" the dolphin informed the dragon while miming the action against the water, using his bottlenose to gently splash water. "Sand much wet, fall back. Drag'n have big'r paws, mebbe dig better!"

((Will I hurt you if I pull you free?)) the blue asked. He tilted his head curiously. ((Or will it work better if I dig, too? I do not want to hurt either of you.))