Topics

She's Always Like This ((Attn: S'nen, F'nel))

The weather in Arolos was hot, but no worse than he remembered from Igen - save for the intense humidity here. That took adjusting to, and he raked his fingers through dark auburn hair as he stepped out into the Weyrbowl in a half-hearted attempt to comb the mess. Sweat *clung* to you here and that he was beginning to detest, his linen tunic already beginning to stick to his skin in just a few minutes of direct sunlight. His mood had been all over the place this morning, and as he listened to his dragon chatter in the back of his mind, he realized why. "Shells, you're going to rise again soon, aren't you?" He thought aloud with a groan - not eager to start his tenure at this new Weyr on that note. "We don't even know anyone yet!"

((I'm working on that.)) Lileth told him, returning her attention to the brown that had caught her eye. She stood up from where she had been sunning on the rocks and ambled toward Sekerth.

((Hello, handsome. Mind if I lay beside you? It's ever so lonely over there by myself.)) She crooned, tilting her head to allow whirling eyes a chance to explore the other dragon. That it enabled her to pose, crown raised and wings framing her slim form, standing like the queen she *thought* she was, didn't hurt. ((I am Lileth The Most Beautiful, but you may call me simply Lileth.))

Steelsilver

What?

Sekerth, for once not running through drills, or otherwise supervising (or pretending to supervise) other dragons, had sprawled out on just the right patch of warmth, a craggy rock near the Lake, when he registered that a green was addressing him. The brown's head lifted, eyes whirling slightly faster in startlement, before he rumbled and shifted over slightly- a wordless invitation. ((Hello, Lileth.)) he greeted, politely. ((I am Sekerth.))

Being a Wingsecond to the Skystrikers was a lot of work, and led to even less free time, but S'nen had accepted that when he'd volunteered for a ranking position. Today, however- today was simply too hot to spend another moment indoors, and so, with a sigh, he set aside his work for now and rose, stretched, before striding out to go find wherever that brown lump had decided to settle.

((Mine, there is a pretty green flirting with me.)) "So flirt back." S'nen just responded.

Lileth's faceted eyes took on a greenish tinge of subtle annoyance, but the brown's understated response was satisfactory enough that she daintily deposited herself at his side. ((This seems like the best place for sunning, you have good taste.)) She trilled a friendly note, shifting on the rocks to spread her wings out for maximum warmth. ((I am newly arrived, you see. I am ever-so lost when I look around the weyrbowl and don't know all the best spots yet. I could use a dashing brown to show me around. Do you know one?)) Lileth cocked her head to one side.

{{Where are you?}} F'nel asked her, receiving only a flashed image of the lake and the distinct impression his dragon was busy. It made F'nel laugh, and he squinted in the effort of locating her pale green hide. {{You can't hide forever, we have oiling to do.}}

((You haven't been summoned yet! Just wait!)) She hissed at her rider.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020, 1:45 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
[...]

((A lovely green such as yourself is always welcome to sun at my side.)) Sekerth assured her. ((I am certain that you are the loveliest of greens.)) A pause and then he was adding, ((I will, of course, show you around, but later. We are sunning right now.))

"On my way, Sek. Where are you?"

((With Lileth.))

"That's not helpful." S'nen huffed.

If Lileth could have rolled her faceted eyes, she would have. He wasn't the most eloquent of browns, but he had a nice look about him, a muscular power that intrigued the haughty green. ((Of course not *now*,)) she huffed in mild annoyance. ((You are very busy right now. There's an itchy spot right between my wings and I'm certain your sharp teeth would do nicely.)) Lileth shifted her weight so that her spine was angled toward him, head swiveled so that she could address him with a mournful trilled melody.

{{That's it, I'm done being ignored, Lil.}} F'nel hissed, the frustration written on his face as he spun on his heel. Muttering about the stubbornness of proddy dragons, the greenrider was entirely in his own world when he collided with another man exiting the tunnels. Stumbling backwards, he failed to keep from tripping over his own feet and landed on his rear with a curse.

"Shells! Watch it!" He snapped, twisting toward the other rider full of misplaced fury.

On Mon, Aug 3, 2020, 9:08 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
((A lovely green such as yourself is always welcome to sun at my side.)) Sekerth assured her. ((I am certain that you are the loveliest of greens.)) A pause and then he was adding, ((I will, of course, show you around, but later. We are sunning right now.))

"On my way, Sek. Where are you?"

((With Lileth.))

"That's not helpful." S'nen huffed.

Steelsilver

Sekerth blinked, and then the brown *finally* seemed to clue in, shuffling closer and bending his head, beginning to tend the green- though not before he gave a rumbling croon. ((Of course, lovely green.)) he told her. ((One such as yourself should never lack in attention.))

S'nen, irritated by this point at Sekerth's refusal to cooperate, had been moving purposefully in the direction he'd last gotten from the brown, and had nearly reached the opening out onto the Lakeside when another man knocked into him, causing him to stumble and knocking the other to his rump. Any platitude he might have offered was immediately cut short by the other's words, and S'nen instantly drew himself up proudly, looked down at the other rider and didn't bother to offer a hand up. "I suggest you show some respect." he retorted. "You're the one rushing about, not paying attention to their surroundings." A quick glance at the other's knots. "Though I suppose being a green rider is characteristic of that."

F'nel stared up at the brownrider with eyes slowly widening in a new wave of anger. If there was one surefire way to set his fuse alight, it was to make disparaging comments about his dragon. He climbed quickly to his feet, brushing off his trousers with more force than necessary. "Oh, you think you're so fecking special?" F'nel spat venomously. "Big Wingsecond knots make you think you can just step on everyone beneath you? Shoulda known this place would be no different. You're all the sharding same." S'nen had found a sore spot.

Lileth let loose a delighted sigh, settling in against the larger male. ((I'm glad you agree. Smart and handsome makes for a good combination in a chaser for when I rise. Are you fast, too? I am not only beautiful, but swift like the wind.)) She spoke matter-of-fact as if she were discussing the weather rather than waxing on vainly. Her rider's frustration made her eyes whirl a green shade as she looked in their direction. ((Uh oh... Mine is mad. Again. He is so tiresome lately.)) Lileth said mildly as if she were not the cause.

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020, 4:14 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
[...]

S'nen bristled right back, the ire and the insult to his rank (earned rank, shardit!) making the brownrider puff up, take a half-step forward. "You insolent-" he began, before visibly checking himself. No. He could do nothing to jeopardize his rank- it was too new, and he was still somewhat unknown at the Weyr. Still, his eyes narrowed. "Are you prone to getting into disagreements with your leaders?" he asked instead, his tone utterly mild.

No wonder the man had been sent here, if that was the case.

((I can see that; you are the most beautiful of greens.)) Sekerth promised, even though the brown's memory was... limited. ((You will be glorious when you fly, and only the strongest shall hope to catch you.)) A brief pause, as he nuzzled her. ((I am as fast as I can be.)) was added, before privately adding, ((Mine! You may approach now!))

F'nel glowered at his superior, lifting his chin and straightening when he saw the other man move. But then.. the punch he was expecting never came. Instead the brownrider had gone calm suddenly and it made F'nel squint suspiciously. What trick was this? "Only the ones that deserve it," he retorted. "The ones too big for their boots, using people like stepping stones. I hate your type." He sure *thought* he knew what he was talking about by the righteous anger still boiling in his words.

Abruptly, his gaze grew distant while he spoke with Lileth, and when he refocused on the brownrider, F'nel went right back to glaring. "I have somewhere to be. You'll have to find someone else to crush for fun." With that, the greenrider stomped off in the direction of the lake and didn't even glance backward, utterly done with the conversation.

Lileth trilled welcomingly to her rider once F'nel had come in range of the rocks, but she did not disengage from the grooming brown. ((You didn't hit each other, I'm very proud of you.)) She praised, stretching out beside Sekerth with a satisfied sigh. ((And you can oil me now.))

"Is that so, you big lizard?" F'nel's voice was night and day different when addressing the green, kind and warm. "And who is this guy then?"

((This is Sekerth and he is taking care of my itchies. Sekerth, Mine is a very good oiler, you should let him do you as well. Then we can both shine.))

On Fri, Aug 7, 2020, 5:44 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
[...]

"My type?" S'nen raised a brow, at the fresh insult, and in the back of his head, Sekerth grumbled. ((You should sit on him.)) the brown huffed. ((We rank him, even more so, now.))

"No. Not yet." S'nen answered, absently, some part of him registering the other's departure, but most of his attention on his dratted brown. --Now, where the shards are you, you lump?--

((Over here.)) Sekerth responded, sent a brief image of the lakeside, before the brown snorted and turned his attention once more to the green and her rider. ((I am certain Mine will tend my hide with all due dignity. I am a dragon of rank.)) He was rather proud of his uniformity. ((He comes now.))

He left off grooming Lileth, stretched his neck out a little toward S'nen. ((Mine! See this beautiful green I have found!))

S'nen looked up. "Oh you have *got* to be sharding joking."

((Of rank?)) Lileth asked in a sultry tone, suddenly intensely curious. ((What a fascinating development, my dear Sekerth. I happen to find leadership qualities very attractive.)) Twisting her head around so that she could see the second man approaching, she didn't even mind when the brown's attentions ceased, distracted by the sudden flood of emotions she felt from her rider.

F'nel's eyes bulged in disbelief before he even turned around, recognizing instantly the voice from the Wingsecond he'd left behind. Every muscle in his body went taut with barely bottled rage and when he finally spun around on one of his heels, the expression on his tanned face was merciless. "No," he ground out. "Absolutely not. This is not fecking happening. Lileth, we're leaving!" F'nel moved stiffly to his green's side, but the dragon had not moved from where she lay sprawled.

((No, I like this one.)) Lileth objected, matter-of-factly. ((I'm staying.))

Clenching his fists as his sides, F'nel stared murderously at Lileth's triangular face. His own was the color of redfruit. {{That's HIM, you lard! That's the Wingsecond who just ran into me, and you're busy cuddling up to his dragon!}}

((I like his dragon.  And his dragon's name is Sekert.))

"I DON'T CARE WHAT HIS NAME IS!" F'nel shouted aloud in frustration.

On Fri, Aug 14, 2020 at 2:30 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:

[...]

Sekerth put a wing over Lileth, and began to gently nibble the itchy spots on her neck ridges once more. ((Yours is very loud.)) He told her. ((Is he always?))

 "Stop screaming. No one's done anything." S'nen snapped, unknowingly echoing Sekerth. "Unless you want the attention of the entire Weyr?"

Without waiting for F'nel's reply, he stepped forward towards his brown, his expression hard, cold even. "Sekerth. Leave her and come."