Topics

Right Place + Right Time = Loneliness (Attn: Diagir/Ziya, Tamalak/Chato)

Ren

Ziya noticed the pair before Diagir did and sent the tunnelwher a welcoming call. Diagir, once he was finally able to see the pair, raised his hand in salute but tilted his head at the last thing Tamalak had said.

"Good advice, lad. But the question is, why is your wher wanting to bite?"

{Chato, yes?} Ziya asked. {Chato no bite, be good. Chato bite, no be good. Ziya no hurt Chato or twoleg.}
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Laurie

Chato sniffed at Ziya. ~~Chato only bite two-legs that make Tam sad. Chato pro-tect Tam.~~ He sat and gave Ziya a haughty look, even though he knew she could put the fear of Faranth in him. But his first allegiance was to Tamalak. His second was to his sister Sleek. Until he was told differently, of course.

"Uh, he was being overprotective," Tamalak said. "Sir." He listened to part of Chato's and Ziya's exchange, and decided Chato was behaving for now. His brain was tired from needing to keep a strong will on the tunnelwher, and wondered if regular whers were as bratty.  Probably.

"I was thinking about something that had me upset. Which I shouldn't have been, but sometimes it's hard to keep my thoughts private, y'know?"

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 10:13 AM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Ziya noticed the pair before Diagir did and sent the tunnelwher a welcoming call. Diagir, once he was finally able to see the pair, raised his hand in salute but tilted his head at the last thing Tamalak had said.

"Good advice, lad. But the question is, why is your wher wanting to bite?"

{Chato, yes?} Ziya asked. {Chato no bite, be good. Chato bite, no be good. Ziya no hurt Chato or twoleg.}
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"You're allowed to think whatever you'd like," Diagir gently adminished. "You handled his reaction and kept your wher in line, so that's what matters. Chato's looking well and so are you. Though you're entirely right about it being hard to keep your thoughts separate from an Impressed wher's. They're part of your mind and know everything about it."

{Hm, Chato good then,} Ziya decided with a snort. {'tect best job wher do. Ziya 'tect 'gir.}
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Laurie

"Yeah. I've talked to my sister some, about what it was like to Impress a dragon. It sounds the same, but with a dragon even more intense." He reached down and scratched Chato's head. Chato, in turn, wrapped a tendril around his finger. Tamalak basked in the love, then reluctantly removed his hand.

"You know that Kalain and I didn't plan on Impressing, don't you?" he blurted.

~~Chato 'tect Tam, Ziya 'tect 'gir, Sleek 'tect 'lain. All is well,~~ Chato said, then lifted a forefoot to clean between the toes. He couldn't help it, he loved to dig, but it made his feet dirty. So he had to clean them.

On Wed, Aug 19, 2020 at 7:38 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"You're allowed to think whatever you'd like," Diagir gently adminished. "You handled his reaction and kept your wher in line, so that's what matters. Chato's looking well and so are you. Though you're entirely right about it being hard to keep your thoughts separate from an Impressed wher's. They're part of your mind and know everything about it."

{Hm, Chato good then,} Ziya decided with a snort. {'tect best job wher do. Ziya 'tect 'gir.}
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"Of course I know that," Diagir replied in surprise. He'd thought the matter settled, but perhaps some of the other apprentices still gave the pair a hard time. "Besides, your case was an emergency- either you Impressed them or risk their lives. Middle-case scenario, Sleek and Chato would go feral. But they are your friends now and you're taking right good care of them by the look of your boy there."

Ziya watched the whelp thoughtfully. She still wanted to meet Sleek properly when her own gold daughter wasn't hatching. The queen remembered Sleek being there when Lustre's shell started to break and how she had driven the other off in protective jealousy. Those tendrils were fasinating and Ziya would be amiss if she didn't admit curiosity.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Laurie

Tam nodded. At least some people understood. "Well, not everyone thinks about it like that. Look at the green--Darling Girl--she Hatched much later. But there was a rockfall and I think it may have hurried the eggs along." He bit his lip. "Some of the guys say that we broke the eggs so we could Impress whatever was inside." He was breathing heavily now, and Chato leaned against his leg and whined.

"Sorry, boy," he whispered.

~~'s OK.~~ Chato threw a glance at Ziya as if to say, "See?"