Topics

Right Place + Right Time = Loneliness (Attn: Any)


Laurie
 

It had been three months since Tamalak's unexpected Impression to the tunnelwhere, Chato. The novelty for the other wherhandlers--both with and without whers--had worn off. Now he noticed that he was sometimes the recipient of dirty looks--usually when the others thought he wasn't looking.

This unfortunate circumstance had the detrimental side effect of turning him anti-social in the whercraft. When he wasn't needed for lessons or chores, he spent more and more time at the Weyr, where he was viewed as more of an oddity than as an object of envy. So when he saw someone heading towards him--Reirel, he thought--he put his head down and veered away.

~Why we go dis way?~ Chato asked.

"I'm avoiding people."

~Why?~

"They're jealous of you. They want to be the ones who have you and don't think I deserve you."

Chato sat. ~Dey can't have me. You all mine. Dey try, I bite.~ He showed his sharp teeth.

"No, you can't bite them. Then we'll both be in trouble."

By now, the other person was close enough to hear, if he so wanted to. Tamalak blushed, hoping he hadn't heard that last remark. Or any, for that matter.


Alyx
 

Three months, it was shocking how much Cremmie had grown in just three months. Alyx was very glad she'd taken the leave of absence  in the beginning to get basic training in with him. He'd grown by leaps and bounds, and not just physically. Though that was the part most people noticed, mostly cause it was hard not to. You could really see the northern in him. Cremmie'd gone bulky and was well formed.

Alyx was now used to working night shifts, she'd just gotten back into working at the Infirmary. Now that she was working nights, well things were generally quieter then, and she spent much of her time studying. Tonight was her night off, and she was taking Cremmie for a walk. He enjoyed her days off greatly, because usually it was just the two of them. But tonight, Cremmie spotted one of the tunnelwhers. During training he'd decided that he liked them a great deal. 

{Chato! Is Cremmie! Want to play? }

Alyx caught the edge of his sending to the other wher, and was glad she'd packed the 'hide-em' toys with her.  That'd been Cremmie's favorite game for quite a while. It allowed him to 'hunt' without there being danger to him or anyone else. 

"Hey Tamalak, nice and quiet tonight isn't it?" Alyx asked once they were close enough for human ears.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Laurie
 

Chato perked up. ~~Cremmie!!!~~ he called, bounding over. ~~Tam sez yours not liking him. 'lyx likes Tam, rite?~~ 

Tamalak smiled as he watched Chato gambol around Cremmie. These little ones were so full of energy.  "Hi, Alyx. Yes, it is. How's your training with Cremmie going? I haven't seen you around much." Though, to be fair, he also hadn't been paying a whole lot of attention either, so caught up in his own misery.


On Sun, Aug 23, 2020 at 3:18 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Three months, it was shocking how much Cremmie had grown in just three months. Alyx was very glad she'd taken the leave of absence  in the beginning to get basic training in with him. He'd grown by leaps and bounds, and not just physically. Though that was the part most people noticed, mostly cause it was hard not to. You could really see the northern in him. Cremmie'd gone bulky and was well formed.

Alyx was now used to working night shifts, she'd just gotten back into working at the Infirmary. Now that she was working nights, well things were generally quieter then, and she spent much of her time studying. Tonight was her night off, and she was taking Cremmie for a walk. He enjoyed her days off greatly, because usually it was just the two of them. But tonight, Cremmie spotted one of the tunnelwhers. During training he'd decided that he liked them a great deal. 

{Chato! Is Cremmie! Want to play? }

Alyx caught the edge of his sending to the other wher, and was glad she'd packed the 'hide-em' toys with her.  That'd been Cremmie's favorite game for quite a while. It allowed him to 'hunt' without there being danger to him or anyone else. 

"Hey Tamalak, nice and quiet tonight isn't it?" Alyx asked once they were close enough for human ears.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Alyx
 

"It's going pretty well actually. Cremmie is smart, and wants to please so most things have been pretty easy. I've also gone back to work part time. Now that he will stay in my room without eating furniture." She couldn't help a chuckle at that. That had to date been his worst habit to break. Not eating, or crushing her bed.

{Why not like? Tam nice, 'lyx nice?} The brown wher considered a minute, rustling his wings idly while he thought, and searched his human's mind a bit. {No, 'lyx likes just fine. Likes not trouble maker.}
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Laurie
 

"Yeah, we had some extensive training to do with these mischievous little guys after the fiasco at the Gather," Tam said. "They're still very willful, and I don't know if it's because they're a different breed, or because Chato's bronze and Sleek's gold. Or a bit of both." He reached down--not as far as he used to need to--and scratched Chato's head. The usual frond wrapped itself around his fingers. He briefly wondered what it would be like to not have that little bit of acknowledgement, but seeing Cremmie he decided that the regular whers showed their affection in other ways.

"So, has Cremsden caught on to you naming your wher after him?"

Chato unwrapped his frond and crouched by Cremmie. ~~'bviosly Tam wrong.  We play now~~ and he ran around Cremmie playfully.



On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 7:03 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"It's going pretty well actually. Cremmie is smart, and wants to please so most things have been pretty easy. I've also gone back to work part time. Now that he will stay in my room without eating furniture." She couldn't help a chuckle at that. That had to date been his worst habit to break. Not eating, or crushing her bed.

{Why not like? Tam nice, 'lyx nice?} The brown wher considered a minute, rustling his wings idly while he thought, and searched his human's mind a bit. {No, 'lyx likes just fine. Likes not trouble maker.}
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Alyx
 

Alyx couldn't help it, she giggled and shook her head. "He won't even get in the same room. But...it seems their dislike has become mutual. Cremmie doesn't much like his habit of yelling at everyone."

Cremmie had leaned his shoulder up against Alyx's hip, he came up to there now easily, but when Chato bounced at him he stepped carefully away from Alyx, then half reared up on his hind legs, half spreading his stunted wings, in a clearly playful fashion. He snapped his wings back closed though, to keep them safer and went to pounce Chato.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Laurie
 

The sound Chato made was a mixture of yip, warble, and snarl--but it was obvious from his body posture that he was playing. ~~Like play,~~ he said, allowing himself to be pounced upon, then rolling Cremmie over. 

"I can see that, though Cremsdon's not that bad. As you probably know. I think he operates on 'if they don't do it the first time, say it louder.'" Tam said with a chuckle. "He may disagree, but that's what I've noticed."

On Wed, Aug 26, 2020 at 9:09 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Alyx couldn't help it, she giggled and shook her head. "He won't even get in the same room. But...it seems their dislike has become mutual. Cremmie doesn't much like his habit of yelling at everyone."

Cremmie had leaned his shoulder up against Alyx's hip, he came up to there now easily, but when Chato bounced at him he stepped carefully away from Alyx, then half reared up on his hind legs, half spreading his stunted wings, in a clearly playful fashion. He snapped his wings back closed though, to keep them safer and went to pounce Chato.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Alyx
 

"You aren't wrong. Cremmie be gentle." She warned the big brown as he rolled over willingly before popping back to his feet with a playful growl. He raised one of his forepaws and swiped at Chato, claws carefully tucked in as much as he could. He didn't want to hurt, he liked Chato. He was a good friend, and fun to play with. Alyx had been told that whers often ran in packs in the wild, and Cremmie seemed fairly choosey about who was in His group. He didn't seem to care much at all for the gold from his clutch, nor some of the others but got along rather well with the tunnel whers. But they did seem more relaxed.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)


Laurie
 

Chato flowed over Cremmie, also keeping his claws in. He'd learned how to play 'gentle' from some of the more relaxed adults--if he got too rough, they'd let him know, and had the weight behind them to do it. But Chato loved using is slightly different body to surprise his playmates, able to go practically boneless when playing. Always a surprise and a delight!

"I'm glad we found these guys," Tam mused, watching the two whers play. "I'm excited to see what they can do in Search and Rescue!"

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 9:11 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"You aren't wrong. Cremmie be gentle." She warned the big brown as he rolled over willingly before popping back to his feet with a playful growl. He raised one of his forepaws and swiped at Chato, claws carefully tucked in as much as he could. He didn't want to hurt, he liked Chato. He was a good friend, and fun to play with. Alyx had been told that whers often ran in packs in the wild, and Cremmie seemed fairly choosey about who was in His group. He didn't seem to care much at all for the gold from his clutch, nor some of the others but got along rather well with the tunnel whers. But they did seem more relaxed.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)


Alyx
 

Cremmie bounced and fanned his wings again before  flicking them closed and going for a swipe at Chato's forelegs. Growling his play growl. Alyx left the leash loose so that neither would get tangled up. Thankfully they both seemed inclined to keep it as play, and not get aggressive with each other.

"Oh I am too. I want to train him for that. With me being a healer, and I'm working on JM status. I think I'd be good to have along on search and rescues. Cremmie's going to be a strong one, and he's already so well behaved." Alyx said while the two played.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)


Laurie
 

"He is. You're very good with him," Tam said, impressed with her ability to train him. "I think that he'd make a great Search and Rescue. Faranth knows we need them. Back during one of the earthquakes Arolos seems to have so often--I was pretty young--I got trapped with some other 'brats when a tunnel collapsed. The rockfall broke my leg." He wasn't proud of how babyish he'd been then, crying from the pain. He hadn't cried since, because one of the older boys had called him a baby.

"Whers found us. It was wonderful. And they're so strong, able to dig through the walls. These guys," he watched as Chato chased Cremmie, then in turn was chased by him, "I think they'll be good diggers. It'll be a while before we can breed them though, and breed enough of them." It occurred to him that Chato was going to be busy, since there were two greens and a gold amongst them all.

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 9:01 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Cremmie bounced and fanned his wings again before  flicking them closed and going for a swipe at Chato's forelegs. Growling his play growl. Alyx left the leash loose so that neither would get tangled up. Thankfully they both seemed inclined to keep it as play, and not get aggressive with each other.

"Oh I am too. I want to train him for that. With me being a healer, and I'm working on JM status. I think I'd be good to have along on search and rescues. Cremmie's going to be a strong one, and he's already so well behaved." Alyx said while the two played.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)