Topics

Rally The Troops! ((Attn: K'el, Any Weyrlings))

K'el felt the explosion rock the Weyr from where he was, leaping immediately to his feet. "Storms, what was that?" He gasped. Alberith heard the dragonspeak that his rider did not, and immediately alerted not only K'el, but every Weyrling pair within the Barracks. ((The Weyr is under assault! Rally, men!)) He bugled with a commanding air, galloping hurriedly to the front rooms. ((Rally and form ranks! Roll call! We join the battle forthwith! Step to it, Mine! Unbar the doors and make way.))

He stamped to an impatient halt before the doors, beginning an antsy patrol back and forth before the closed entrance. ((Weyrlings, assemble!))

Jerzy Tobin

K'el felt the explosion rock the Weyr from where he was, leaping immediately to his feet. "Storms, what was that?" He gasped. Alberith heard the dragonspeak that his rider did not, and immediately alerted not only K'el, but every Weyrling pair within the Barracks. ((The Weyr is under assault! Rally, men!)) He bugled with a commanding air, galloping hurriedly to the front rooms. ((Rally and form ranks! Roll call! We join the battle forthwith! Step to it, Mine! Unbar the doors and make way.))

He stamped to an impatient halt before the doors, beginning an antsy patrol back and forth before the closed entrance. ((Weyrlings, assemble!))
((Attack?!)) Buyeath bugled in alarm. ((Who would dare?))

Phyllia was on her feet, wrapping her arms around her blue's neck,
fear very evident on her face. Buyeath remained planted where he was
assemble. He couldn't defend the Weyr if His needed him more, and her
fear was much, much closer.

((I cannot, Alberith! Mine needs me here!))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

((Oh!)) Merreath startled, and rather than obeying Alberith's summons, the green did her best to hide behind T'elko, eyes whirling in alarm. ((If there's an attack, we have to hide! Quick, someone wish for the chance to get away- we have to protect our riders, keep them safe!))

"What in Faranth-" T'elko began, before his dragon's fear reached him and he had to turn his attention to her. "No, it's okay, Merreath, I'm okay, see?" he attempted.

Yvonne

F'gan appeared in the barracks preparred for chaos to swirl in a storm around him. Focusing on the weyrlings helped him keep his focus off the keeping.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020, 5:00 PM Ariel Rogers <ariel.aurora.rogers@...> wrote:
K'el felt the explosion rock the Weyr from where he was, leaping immediately to his feet. "Storms, what was that?" He gasped. Alberith heard the dragonspeak that his rider did not, and immediately alerted not only K'el, but every Weyrling pair within the Barracks. ((The Weyr is under assault! Rally, men!)) He bugled with a commanding air, galloping hurriedly to the front rooms. ((Rally and form ranks! Roll call! We join the battle forthwith! Step to it, Mine! Unbar the doors and make way.))

He stamped to an impatient halt before the doors, beginning an antsy patrol back and forth before the closed entrance. ((Weyrlings, assemble!))

Ren

{{Tototh is here!}} The pale blue came barreling to Alberith's muster and stood with his wings out and eyes rolling red. {{No one attacks the Weyr on my watch, nossir!}}

S'lion wasn't far behind the blue and looked shocked and outraged. "Is it true, what he's saying? Did someone attack this Weyr again?" Memories of that night at Fort tried to surface but S'lion firmly pushed them back.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

{{ As are we! }} Mertrith announced. Yiyu, white-faced, joined her green and her fellow Weyrlings.

"What can we possibly do to help?" she queried concernedly.

On Aug 29, 2020, at 4:26 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

{{Tototh is here!}} The pale blue came barreling to Alberith's muster and stood with his wings out and eyes rolling red. {{No one attacks the Weyr on my watch, nossir!}}

S'lion wasn't far behind the blue and looked shocked and outraged. "Is it true, what he's saying? Did someone attack this Weyr again?" Memories of that night at Fort tried to surface but S'lion firmly pushed them back.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Mya L. R.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 5:00 PM Ariel Rogers <ariel.aurora.rogers@...> wrote:
K'el felt the explosion rock the Weyr from where he was, leaping immediately to his feet. "Storms, what was that?" He gasped. Alberith heard the dragonspeak that his rider did not, and immediately alerted not only K'el, but every Weyrling pair within the Barracks. ((The Weyr is under assault! Rally, men!)) He bugled with a commanding air, galloping hurriedly to the front rooms. ((Rally and form ranks! Roll call! We join the battle forthwith! Step to it, Mine! Unbar the doors and make way.))

He stamped to an impatient halt before the doors, beginning an antsy patrol back and forth before the closed entrance. ((Weyrlings, assemble!))

Q'yon could remember the messes he once made, before Quineth that is.  The green seemed to keep him distracted from being able to accidentally trip over anything, or move too fast, or anything like that.  It felt strange sometimes to make it to laying down at night and realizing he'd not made some giant mess that'd need cleaning up, or apologizing for.  That wouldn't be an issue today.  The boom made him jerk, and jump, causing all the papers he'd been carrying to fly up into the air, fluttering down far more lazily than the rush of thoughts plowing through his head.

Even Quineth swung around in surprise, her tail whipped about behind her.  {{Something went wrong!  Very wrong!}}  She paused as she heard the call from Alberith.  {{We hear you, Brother Alberith!  My Dreamer, deep breath, the papers can wait, we'll be needed.  Alberith is calling for us to assemble.}}

Papers?  Oh, right the papers, that definitely hadn't been the cause of the boom.  Q'yon shook his head vigorous.  [[Assemble where?]]  He asked with another shake of his head, but already took a step in the direction they'd been facing, not quite having processed that he'd not been told where they were to go yet.

{{Not that way!  This way.}}  Quineth gave a silent tug then set off to where Alberith was waiting, soon coming to a stop before him.  {{My Dreamer and I are here.}}

Yvonne

F'gan motioned them to circle around him.

"First, take a deep breath. And let it out slowly."

His voice was calm and kept at a level where all the werylings would have to pay attention to hear him.

Aaron

{{Not that way!  This way.}}  Quineth gave a silent tug then set off to where Alberith was waiting, soon coming to a stop before him.  {{My Dreamer and I are here.}}

"The best way for us to help," said N'kaer as he joined the assembly, "is for us to form up and wait. We'll keep each other safe here. If we go out looking for trouble, we're bound to find it, and not in a good way."

"Mandath is calling to Reyhoth and Kalineth... and R'kyo says we have the right of it. Weyrlingmasters will come to check on us as soon as they can, but everyone is spread thin because of the Candidate excursion."

"We can form a perimeter here. If anyone is targeting us, too, we'll see them coming before they can touch us." He did not think it likely, but he wanted to give his classmates something to focus on.

"K'el, what do you think?"

Rosiegirl

Ko’ssen was in the middle of doing some paperwork in his office when there was a loud boom that seemed to shake everything, sloshing some of his klah onto the hide he’d been working on. But he quickly put that from his mind as the next second Zerenth was giving him updates of {{The Cavern, the eggs are being attacked! The Weyrwoman’s hurt! We must help them!}}

He could feel his bronze rearing up, furious at the attack on the Hatching Cavern and those unhatched dragons. It didn’t *matter* that the eggs were not Zerenth’s, the attack itself was completely unethical! He *needed* to be there to help them.

Ko’ssen, however, was already standing up at his desk and gave his bronze a very firm [[No! I’m sure the healers are already heading over there, and the guards with whers too!]] Zerenth, who was listening to the calls going out and looking over toward the Hatching Grounds from their ledge, wings half-spread like he was going to fly over anyway, sent his person a grudging {{Yes, you’re correct. I’ve heard the calls. They are going, the healers and wher-guards.}}

Giving his bronze a wave of approval, showing he was glad the bronze was still listening even though he could feel Zerenth’s nearly overwhelming desire to go to where the problem was and help, Ko’ssen said [[Ok, that’s good that they are going. That’s what their experience is. You, Zerenth, you are needed *here* at the Barracks. Our young charges need you to help keep them calm right now. *These younglings* are where our duty is now, to help *them*.]]

Being told that *he* was needed, that gave the bronze something to focus on in the emergency, something other than just sitting there being useless unable to go help at the Cavern. And the bronze quickly settled back on his ledge directly outside of the Barracks.

Ko’ssen, having settled his bronze into helping, finally got out of his office moments after the boom echoed. Hurrying out of the office hallway toward the weyrside door, he arrived just as several of the weyrlings were assembling by the barracks entrance. Arriving just in time to hear AWLM F’gan’s attempt to calm the weyrlings, Ko’ssen strode forward to lend his own assistance even as he gave Zerenth some instructions.

The bronze, per his rider’s request, was quickly reaching out to the AWLM dragons sending out a call {{Weyrlingmaster dragons, see to your mentees. Weyrlingmasters, we *need* you in the barracks to assist the weyrlings, both the older and the younger class.}}

With the call put out, Zerenth himself reached out to the young bronze Alberith who was calling forward all the other weyrlings dragons and in a calm mindvoice the bronze said {{Brave Alberith, you and your clutchsibs stand ready to guard the barracks. I can see that, but as leader you must also make sure to keep those who follow you calm, not to stir them up and upset them. I could greatly use your assistance, Bronzeling Alberith, in keeping your siblings calm and settled. Panicked riders and dragons can get hurt, and the healers are all needed in the Cavern for those waiting to Hatch.}} Zerenth hoped that his play on the brave bronze to assist keeping his siblings calm would get through to the young bronze, which would then get through to all the other weyrlings.

Ko’ssen, keeping his voice quiet just like F’gan, also raised up his hands to get the weyrlings' attention and added his own voice to help with what AWLM had already directed them to do “Weyrlings! Your worry and your lifemate’s worry are compounding on each other. Take deep breaths and try to calm yourselves, so that your dragons can calm down too. The healers are already at work helping in the Cavern.”

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 4:41 PM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:
{{Not that way!  This way.}}  Quineth gave a silent tug then set off to where Alberith was waiting, soon coming to a stop before him.  {{My Dreamer and I are here.}}

"The best way for us to help," said N'kaer as he joined the assembly, "is for us to form up and wait. We'll keep each other safe here. If we go out looking for trouble, we're bound to find it, and not in a good way."

"Mandath is calling to Reyhoth and Kalineth... and R'kyo says we have the right of it. Weyrlingmasters will come to check on us as soon as they can, but everyone is spread thin because of the Candidate excursion."

"We can form a perimeter here. If anyone is targeting us, too, we'll see them coming before they can touch us." He did not think it likely, but he wanted to give his classmates something to focus on.

"K'el, what do you think?"

Jenna Cunningham

Sidyal had been held back doing more Between visualization exercises with Belleth when the Weyr shook. Her green lurched upright immediately, trumpeting her alarm and excitement, and forgot all about the static scene she was supposed to be passing back and forth to Sidyal: <<The eggs are in trouble! They are being attacked by evil doers!>>

"What?" Sidyal blurted aloud, eyes widening in alarm.

<<The heroic Alberith has called everyone together, just like in the stories! He's going to rescue the eggs and drive off the invaders!>>

"The who?" Sidyal asked again, feeling her alarm grow. The 'heroic'? When had she paid so much attention to any of the bronzes before, anyway? Was that -

Wait. Wait, wait, wait.

They were under attack?

Sidyal, with Belleth following behind her, ran from the study room, bursting into the common area.

"What's going on?!"

Oh, thank Faranth, the Weyrlingmaster was here.

<<We will join Alberith. He is the hero, but the hero needs a party of loyal adventurers to help him save the day!>>

"Absolutely not."

For once, she managed to exert some control over her moon-eyed green.

Yvonne

Seeing the newest arrival come bursting through the door like her behind was on fire, F’gan said softly "Take a deep breath."

Blue eyes locked on hers as he spoke.

Steelsilver

"What's going on? Are we under attack?!" T'elko blurted, terrified, arms around Merreath as if to shield his green from any danger.

Merreath, for her part, hunkered low, made a whining sound, her eyes whirling gray and white. ((What is happening?!)) she appealed to Zerenth directly. ((Oh, please, tell us how to wish these terrible things away!))

Yvonne

"Someone tried, and failed,  in attacking the caverns." Was all F'gan said. "None of you are in any danger."

Kate Polsom

Tanith hissed when she felt her rider’s fear ((Who would attack a Hatching ground. How dare they!))

Yamsi had been jolted awake and being only 12 Turns old, it was quite scary. She had her arms wrapped around Tanith’s neck, “Do we do something?”

Yvonne

"Healer's are caring for those hurt. What would be the best for all of you to do is keep calm and focus on your lessons, which I know will be hard, but has to be done."

He was not trying to sound harsh, and he made sure that his tone of voice was not as he spoke.

Edited

K'el watched the others gather with a mixture of confusion and determination, Alberith's feelings stoking the embers of his own need to do something in a time of crisis. He was glad to see the arrival of the AWLMs and the Weyrlingmaster himself, at first uncertain precisely what they could do and relieved by their presence. N'kaer at his side drew his attention with a plan already formed to organize the chaos, to which K'el nodded his approval. "Agreed, let's give the task to those who are able," he gestured toward the eager dragons who awaited the chance to take on the unknown threat. "Form up by the doors; go in Weyrling pairs so no one dragon and man-- er, or woman - are left on guard alone." The young man wasn't accustomed to command, but he did his best to take control.

Alberith felt buoyed by the arrival of his clutchmates and at least one from the older Weyrling class, gathering about himself a tiny army with which he would storm the gates. ((We shall make them pay! Prepare yourselves, the time has... come--)) He assured the dragons, sounding as if he were about to launch into a speech when suddenly he fell silent. Zerenth's words were wise; that he appealed to the little bronze's desire for leadership in granting him the task of comforting his siblings only reinforced how willing he was to obey the elder bronze. After a moment, he reared onto his short hind limbs and spread his wings as much as the surrounding stone walls would allow. ((My fellows, hear me! We must be ready to defend our Queens to the last! We shall start with the Barracks and safeguarding our kin. Mertrith! Tototh! You are with me. Quineth! Belleth! With Mandath to the rear doors! Tanith, see to our frightened siblings! Fear not, children.)) Alberith addressed dragonets his own age. ((We shall see to it that no intruder breaches this space!))