Topics

Pretty Presents. (Fabio/Almira/Any Candidate/ ACM)

Alyx

Fabio didn't like it when people didn't like him. It made him sad. But he was always delighted when his pet, or his brother, or his Big Brother gave him presents. So the jilted flit decided that he was going to bring the girl that didn't like him presents. But what did one give as presents? That required knowing the person and thought. Two things Fabio...well didn't have and wasn't entirely equipped for.

He did however know what He liked. He'd left a couple flowers, some shiny rocks he was quite fond of, and even a really special present. A broken bit of one of his favorite mirrors. But none of those things had made the Not-Pet like him. So he decided that maybe she was hungry?

Of course he decided this, as he was eating the remains of some poor feral kitten. Flits were predators after all, and didn't always discriminate well. So he picked up the bloody head, and popped between to Almira's cot, laying the head oh so gently on the pillow. Then his Big Brother called to him, and he left, going back to his pet's weyr.

Amy Frazey

It was true, Almira hadn't been all that happy about her boots getting soaked when she rescued the silly bronze flit from drowning in the bathing pool the female candidates used. She'd had to work hard to keep them from being ruined, oiling and working the soft leather. No, he wasn't her favorite creature, but she didn't regret saving him.

The past few days, she'd been finding pretty things left on her pillow, and had credited them to her own young flit, Dahlia. Some of the things had clearly been jewelry, or parts of it, at least, and she had tried to find out who the shiny stones belonged to. The flowers, those she had put in a cup of water beside her bed, until they wilted. The broken bit of mirror had earned Dahlia a scolding. Mirrors were expensive,

When Almira went to her bed that night, she was tired, yawning and not paying attention when she sat down. The thing sitting on her pillow that night had been noticed, but her exhausted brain had somehow interpreted it as the shape of a sleeping flit curled up in a ball.Until she reached over to scoop it up. It was furry, and wet, and gloppy, and Almira dropped it with a screech, jumping up off her bed and spinning around to look at the thing and gag for a moment before screaming again when it dawned on her what the thing was. Then she turned around and threw up.

Mya L. R.

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 11:07 PM Amy Frazey <ladyrose57@...> wrote:
[...]

Kirene's content expression as she clambered into bed said something about how she thought the day had gone.  Except she didn't lay down straight away, she sat there back straight just thinking about everything that had happened.  Processing it all so she wouldn't have to come back to it later when a scream broke through the silence that'd been just starting to settle and set her lurching from her bed.  She barely paused at the edge, shoving her feet haphazardously into her shoes before she took off out of her cubicle toward the sound.  "What's happening?!"

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Jerzy Tobin

[...]
Screaming in the barracks was bound to illicit attention quickly, and
Phyllia was no exception to wanting to know what the source was,
especially since it was coming from one of the cubicles very close to
her own. The red-head was out of bed in a moment, looking around
wildly for the source of the commotion, ready to flee if need be,
though it didn't sound like the sort of screaming that there'd be if
there'd been, say, a fire or something of that sort.

"What's going on? Why all the screaming?"

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Cassandra Coogan

Evarsi was grumpy as she made her way toward the screaming, Magpie chittering and calling out by her ear. “What the actual feck?” She exclaimed, taking in the scene and the kitten head. “Well. That’s new.” She added.

Magpie swooped down with a small carol to inspect the kitten head. ~food? Not food?~

On Sunday, September 2, 2018, Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
>> When Almira went to her bed that night, she was tired, yawning and not paying attention when she sat down. The thing sitting on her pillow that night had been noticed, but her exhausted brain had somehow interpreted it as the shape of a sleeping flit curled up in a ball.Until she reached over to scoop it up. It was furry, and wet, and gloppy, and Almira dropped it with a screech, jumping up off her bed and spinning around to look at the thing and gag for a moment before screaming again when it dawned on her what the thing was. Then she turned around and threw up.
>
> Kirene's content expression as she clambered into bed said something about how she thought the day had gone.  Except she didn't lay down straight away, she sat there back straight just thinking about everything that had happened.  Processing it all so she wouldn't have to come back to it later when a scream broke through the silence that'd been just starting to settle and set her lurching from her bed.  She barely paused at the edge, shoving her feet haphazardously into her shoes before she took off out of her cubicle toward the sound.  "What's happening?!"

Screaming in the barracks was bound to illicit attention quickly, and
Phyllia was no exception to wanting to know what the source was,
especially since it was coming from one of the cubicles very close to
her own.  The red-head was out of bed in a moment, looking around
wildly for the source of the commotion, ready to flee if need be,
though it didn't sound like the sort of screaming that there'd be if
there'd been, say, a fire or something of that sort.

"What's going on?  Why all the screaming?"

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Amy Frazey

Almira was too busy trying not to look at what was on her bed, and holding her breath trying not to gag again, to do more than just point behind her. Dahlia had appeared and landed on her shoulder, chirping and squeaking in response to her girl's upset.

It took a couple minutes, but Almira slowly turned back around when she was sure she wouldn't get sick again, and held one hand over her mouth as she stared at the gory thing that had been resting on her pillow. Her voice was barely a whisper, "I don't know how it got there."

Mya L. R.

Kirene left her gaze locked onto Almira for another moment.  Once certain that she looked...well like she wasn't about to keel over...Kirene turned following the other girl's gaze over toward the mess that'd been left on the pillow.  "Oh shard!"  She grimaced.  Animals dying weren't anything new to her, she'd seen the remains before but it was such a small head, a thing that could've had a much longer life before...whatever got hold of it.  Shaking her head slowly like someone just waking up, she strode over to the cot for a closer look at the head.

On Sun, Sep 9, 2018 at 10:33 AM Amy Frazey <ladyrose57@...> wrote:
Almira was too busy trying not to look at what was on her bed, and holding her breath trying not to gag again, to do more than just point behind her. Dahlia had appeared and landed on her shoulder, chirping and squeaking in response to her girl's upset.

It took a couple minutes, but Almira slowly turned back around when she was sure she wouldn't get sick again, and held one hand over her mouth as she stared at the gory thing that had been resting on her pillow. Her voice was barely a whisper, "I don't know how it got there."

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723

Cassandra Coogan

Evarsi grabbed her blue. “Definitely not food.” She gave it a poke and wrinkled her nose. “It could have been food once though. Depends on the critter.”

On Monday, September 10, 2018, Mya L. R. <mleesan@...> wrote:
[...]

Food or not, Almira didn't want to look at the thing again, for fear of gagging again. "It was a kitten. What if it was someone's pet?"

Jerzy Tobin

Food or not, Almira didn't want to look at the thing again, for fear of gagging again. "It was a kitten. What if it was someone's pet?"
"Then someone wasn't doing a good job looking after it," Phyllia
stated, getting some control over her nerves. She had no intention of
looking at that *thing* again, but at least she wasn't screaming
again. "More likely it was a feral thing from the stables."

Still. Definitely not something pleasant to wake up to.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Cassandra Coogan

“Everything’s food for something” Evarsi added. “It’s sad but it happens.” She gave the head a poke and huffed. Well it can’t stay here- still- she didn’t particularly want to pick it up. “Wonder how it got here though?” She frowned. “Anyone see anything?”