Out For A Brisk Walk Att: Bl'by/Andronda

Jerzy Tobin

When Andronda had woken up that morning, it was decidedly much cooler
than was normal for Arolos weather. After so long in the sweltering
Southern heat - even in the cooler season they were currently in - the
cool down was absolutely delightful. The young goldrider went about
her day with a lot more energy and a much better mood than she'd had
in a long while. With as cool as it was, Andronda wasn't intending to
spend the whole day cooped up in her office, either. After her lunch,
she harnessed Pochi up and took the young wher down towards the lake
for a walk. The exercise would do them both good, and she could enjoy
the weather, even if most of the people around her had been
complaining about it all day. To her, it was just grand!

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

She wasn't the only one enjoying the lack of heat. Between having tentative permission to return to drills and the change in the weather Bl'by was feeling positively bouncy and full of energy in a way he hadn't in a long while. A walk around the Lake felt positively obligatory, or even a jog. Or a run, revelling in the feeling of his body moving, properly moving, of actually being properly tired enough to stop and not just wheezing so much that he couldn't keep going.

Steady. Get carried away and the Healers would snatch him off drills as quickly as they allowed him on there. Still he was moving with more ease and speed than he had since he had arrived and reacted on pure instinct seeing the young wher, forgetting for a second who owned it and crouching to call it.

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 9:49 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
[...]

For a long moment, Pochi went on guard when someone other than his
human called out his name. Andronda had been working a great deal on
his training, and with their bond to strengthen it, so he didn't bound
up to just anyone anymore. But then the breeze carried the scent of
the man to him, and it was one that the blue wher recognized well. It
was the man that His left him with from time to time, the one who
sometimes had treats in his pockets for Pochi.

~~See friend!~~ Pochi told Andronda. ~~Go see?!~~

With a laugh, Andronda agreed, and walked forward with Pochi, who
pulled eagerly towards Bl'by.

"Be gentle, Pochi," Andronda made certain to order. She knew that the
blue rider was always nervous around her, she didn't want to make it
worse because her wher roughed him up.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"Ach, he's fine." Bl'by was more than up for wrestling with the young wher. The owner he might have been nervous around, but Pochi was just fine and he spent a happy minute or so greeting Pochi with a rough and thorough caress before remembering that he was indeed wary of the owner.

"Sorry, Goldrider," he apologised belatedly. "I'm distracting you from your walk."

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:15 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> She wasn't the only one enjoying the lack of heat. Between having tentative permission to return to drills and the change in the weather Bl'by was feeling positively bouncy and full of energy in a way he hadn't in a long while. A walk around the Lake felt positively obligatory, or even a jog. Or a run, revelling in the feeling of his body moving, properly moving, of actually being properly tired enough to stop and not just wheezing so much that he couldn't keep going.
>
> Steady. Get carried away and the Healers would snatch him off drills as quickly as they allowed him on there. Still he was moving with more ease and speed than he had since he had arrived and reacted on pure instinct seeing the young wher, forgetting for a second who owned it and crouching to call it.

For a long moment, Pochi went on guard when someone other than his
human called out his name.  Andronda had been working a great deal on
his training, and with their bond to strengthen it, so he didn't bound
up to just anyone anymore.  But then the breeze carried the scent of
the man to him, and it was one that the blue wher recognized well.  It
was the man that His left him with from time to time, the one who
sometimes had treats in his pockets for Pochi.

~~See friend!~~ Pochi told Andronda.  ~~Go see?!~~

With a laugh, Andronda agreed, and walked forward with Pochi, who
pulled eagerly towards Bl'by.

"Be gentle, Pochi," Andronda made certain to order.  She knew that the
blue rider was always nervous around her, she didn't want to make it
worse because her wher roughed him up.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

"Ach, he's fine." Bl'by was more than up for wrestling with the young wher. The owner he might have been nervous around, but Pochi was just fine and he spent a happy minute or so greeting Pochi with a rough and thorough caress before remembering that he was indeed wary of the owner.

"Sorry, Goldrider," he apologised belatedly. "I'm distracting you from your walk."
"Not at all!" Andronda said airily, waving her hand dismissively. For
his part, Pochi rumbled with delight at Bl'by's caress, butting his
head gently against the man's legs for more. "I'm just enjoying the
glorious weather, actually. It's *wonderful*!"

There was no mistaking the delight in her voice, and the excited smile
on her face made her look very young indeed.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

Bl'by laughed, and sounded much more like the man she'd danced with than the shy formal one he'd turned into when he found out who she was. "Isn't it though? I'd forgotten what is was like to go for a walk without my shirt sticking to me." He fussed again over the wher, hands busy even as he spoke to her. "Just as well I didn't bring Tiddler out though isn't it, hm? You'd have had him for dinner I bet."

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:32 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> "Ach, he's fine." Bl'by was more than up for wrestling with the young wher. The owner he might have been nervous around, but Pochi was just fine and he spent a happy minute or so greeting Pochi with a rough and thorough caress before remembering that he was indeed wary of the owner.
>
> "Sorry, Goldrider," he apologised belatedly. "I'm distracting you from your walk."

"Not at all!" Andronda said airily, waving her hand dismissively.  For
his part, Pochi rumbled with delight at Bl'by's caress, butting his
head gently against the man's legs for more.  "I'm just enjoying the
glorious weather, actually.  It's *wonderful*!"

There was no mistaking the delight in her voice, and the excited smile
on her face made her look very young indeed.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

Bl'by laughed, and sounded much more like the man she'd danced with than the shy formal one he'd turned into when he found out who she was. "Isn't it though? I'd forgotten what is was like to go for a walk without my shirt sticking to me." He fussed again over the wher, hands busy even as he spoke to her. "Just as well I didn't bring Tiddler out though isn't it, hm? You'd have had him for dinner I bet."
"Don't I know it!" Andronda laughed. She liked it better like this,
with Bl'by acting like she was a normal person, and not someone who
was standing up on a pedestal all the time. "This feels more like the
weather I grew up with, back in Telgar."

Pochi didn't know what a 'Tiddler' was, but the word dinner had the
wher snuffling at Bl'by's pockets for possible treats. A silent
warning from Andronda kept the wher from getting too rambunctious.

"Probably a good thing, yes, but I wouldn't have let him approach if
you had. I'd hate to see someone's pet get hurt because of him. And
as much as I like to think my training would keep him from it, a puppy
would probably be too tempting for him not to try."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laura Walker

"It's like asking a dragon to leave a runner alone, isn't it? They'll probably do it, but neither of them are going to be particularly happy, and the consequences if they give in aren't worth the risk." Bl'by did have treats though, and correctly guessed what Pochi was after. He produced a treat but held it away from the wher. "Sit then, there's a lad," he said firmly, in much the same voice he used on Tiddler.