Topics

Oh Faranth it was on my Hand! (attn: D'vik, Micaya)

Mya L. R.

Micaya wandered into the storeroom she'd been sent to by the Journeyman Tailor.  Someone, or something had knocked the fellow's thread basket over and tangled most of it beyond redemption, so he'd charged her with getting him some replacements while he tried salvaging what he could.  The thread she was meant to get was easily in reach and she grabbed the first spools easily enough.  It was as her hand closed around the third color that something skittered, brushing against her hand.

She let out a startled yelp, dropping the spool she'd just grabbed and scrambled backward, feet almost immediately hitting against something.  About the same time the spool she dropped rolled out of the way, trailing it's much needed thread behind it, thread that most definitely wasn't big enough to hide the Spinner from view.  She immediately clamber further backward, not caring much that she'd just climbed onto something when doing so.  "You...SHARDING..."  She squawked more than she'd intended, glaring toward the Spinner that seemingly decided it'd rather be on floor and, from her angle, it looked like it started climbing down the thread.  "Ughhhh..."

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Alyx

D'vik didn't spend a lot of time in the store rooms as a rule. Being a rider he had little need to. But coming this way was something of a shortcut between the tailors and his weyr, and it was raining outside. So he chose to walk inside today. Normally it was almost eerily quiet in these halls unless someone was looking for something. That was when he heard a rather startled yelp. He paused a minute and looked down the side tunnel, and saw an open door.

Well he wasn't in any hurry, with a shrug the large man walked down and lightly knocked on the door.

"Everything alright in there?" He called out to whomever was inside, though it had sounded like a younger woman to him.

Mya L. R.

On Tue, May 26, 2020 at 6:04 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
D'vik didn't spend a lot of time in the store rooms as a rule. Being a rider he had little need to. But coming this way was something of a shortcut between the tailors and his weyr, and it was raining outside. So he chose to walk inside today. Normally it was almost eerily quiet in these halls unless someone was looking for something. That was when he heard a rather startled yelp. He paused a minute and looked down the side tunnel, and saw an open door.

Well he wasn't in any hurry, with a shrug the large man walked down and lightly knocked on the door.

"Everything alright in there?" He called out to whomever was inside, though it had sounded like a younger woman to him.

The knock was light enough that Micaya almost missed it in her focus on the spinner.  "What...who?"  She cut herself off as she found that she didn't really care about who it was.  "I'm...yes...no...there's a...a..."  Her voice faltered as she saw the spinner reaching it's lowest legs out toward the ground about to touch it.  "DON'T TOUCH THAT I have to walk on it you foul piece of...!"  She cut off, gagging some as the spinner reached ground, and she pulled her feet back further from the edge of the chair she was standing on.  Still not noticing what she was standing on.

Alyx

D'vik pushed the door the rest of the way open and looked inside curiously. He spotted the young woman on the chair, and looked around, a moment later he spotted the spinner near the floor. He stepped into the room and asked quietly "You alright, didn't get bit did you? Some of those things have a nasty bite." He seemed utterly calm, but of course a spinner wasn't nearly as scary as thread and he faced that all the time.

Mya L. R.

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 10:22 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
D'vik pushed the door the rest of the way open and looked inside curiously. He spotted the young woman on the chair, and looked around, a moment later he spotted the spinner near the floor. He stepped into the room and asked quietly "You alright, didn't get bit did you? Some of those things have a nasty bite." He seemed utterly calm, but of course a spinner wasn't nearly as scary as thread and he faced that all the time.

The 'nasty bite' made her remember that it'd brushed against her hand and turned her stomach once more, making her grimace in disgust.  "I felt..."  She swallowed her as though keeping down something that wanted to come up.  "Felt it against my hand.  I...I didn't feel pain or anything."  Micaya raised the hand to look at, then immediately decided that the thing that'd been up against the spinner was way too close to her face and extended her arm away from her.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Alyx

D'vik offered the girl a soft smile and walked in, looking at the arm in question, he turned her wrist gently this way and that. But saw no evidence of a bite.

"Looks like you're good, no bite. Now what did you need lass? We can get it and we'll deal with the little thing hm?"

Mya L. R.

On Sat, Jul 4, 2020 at 6:05 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
D'vik offered the girl a soft smile and walked in, looking at the arm in question, he turned her wrist gently this way and that. But saw no evidence of a bite.

"Looks like you're good, no bite. Now what did you need lass? We can get it and we'll deal with the little thing hm?"

The presence of another human was helping a lot to calm her down.  Though now that she was calming, it was sinking in that she'd definitely freaked out and someone had seen it.  "I got most of it except the spool that fell."  She pointed toward the thread that was laying on the floor.

--
Member Name: MyaL