Topics

Of warmth and tea (attn Valder/Zenise, any)

Amy Frazey

Valder was thoroughly chilled, and after buying an additional coat and gloves, he wandered into a booth selling hot drinks. They smelled wonderful, and he immediately joined the line of people.

Kouga

Valder was thoroughly chilled, and after buying an additional coat and gloves, he wandered into a booth selling hot drinks. They smelled wonderful, and he immediately joined the line of people. <<
Zenise had been born and lived all her life in Arolos Weyr and would
admit she hadn't left the south really even ecept for the volcano.
Even when they had to leave Arolos because of the volcano it was for
Ista dn Igen which were still warmer. She would admit right now to
being very, VERY, /VERY/ cold, but she wouldn't change it for
anything. The snow was amazing. Still that didn't change the cold bit
especially with Painted Glass and Folded Cloth huddled on her
shoulders trying to get what warmth from her they could.

She had been trying to find something warm for a few minutes when she
happened upon the tea stall. She had heard about hot chocolate and had
been wondering if she had enough for that, but this was hot and right
here so this would do to try and get them warm. Though she would also
admit that she was considering tell the two flits to go find Green
Runner so they would be warm and at least stop taking her heat. For
now though there was a bit of a line it seemed and she would get back
to that thought after the line.

In the mean time she shuffled into the line and resisted the urge to
invade the space of the person she found herself behind too badly
because he looked rather warm. It took a moment before she suddenly
realized she knew that person, even though it was only in passing, but
she did. It took her what felt like forever to drag out a name from
her mind "Valdar?" she questioned hoping it was the right name or
close enough to get his attention.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Amy Frazey

Valder had been thinking about how good it would feel to wrap his chilled hands around a hot cup, and was only marginally listening to what was going on around him. But the sound of his name had him turning to look, and he glanced at the woman directly behind him. It also took him a moment to place her face and recall her name. Since coming to Arolos, he had become familiar with most of the people in his Craft who lived there, which were few, so he recognized her face. "Hello Zenise. Having fun in the chill?"

Kouga

Valder had been thinking about how good it would feel to wrap his chilled hands around a hot cup, and was only marginally listening to what was going on around him. But the sound of his name had him turning to look, and he glanced at the woman directly behind him. It also took him a moment to place her face and recall her name. Since coming to Arolos, he had become familiar with most of the people in his Craft who lived there, which were few, so he recognized her face. "Hello Zenise. Having fun in the chill?"<<
Zenise didn't even hesatate in shaking her head no "It is cold, I
don't know if I will ever be warm again." she informed him in a grumpy
tone "Especially with Painted Glass and Folded cloth trying to steal
my heat. I can't even imagine what Runner would have done in all
this." she added. She realized that probably wasn't what he was hoping
for and offered a bit of a smile "I do like the snow though. How about
you?" she questioned trying to make her tone more friendly as it
really wasn't his fault she was cold.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Amy Frazey

Valder completely understood the sentiment beh UK nd Zenise's tone, though. He wasn't particularly fond of the cold either, but it was worth it for the fun and merriment of a Gather.

"Let me buy you something hot to drink. It's the least I can do for a fellow whercrafter." He smiled, "I was thinking about going ice skating after. Would you care to join me?"

Kouga

Valder completely understood the sentiment behind Zenise's tone, though. He wasn't particularly fond of the cold either, but it was worth it for the fun and merriment of a Gather.
"Let me buy you something hot to drink. It's the least I can do for a
fellow whercrafter." He smiled, "I was thinking about going ice
skating after. Would you care to join me?"<<

Zenise blinked "Ice Skating?" she questioned "I'm sorry this is the
first time I have come to the gather. I don't know what that is so I
may have just walked past it if I saw it." she offered a bit
embarrassed even as she nodded. "It sounds worth a try though and a
drink sounds great." she agreed managing a real smile that time.

"How have you been? Enjoying everything so far?" she added after a brief pause.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Amy Frazey

Valder shrugged and chuckled, "Well, I'll probably end up falling over and embarrass myself. I saw a few people do just that while I was watching. It could be fun though."

When asked if he was enjoying himself, Valder nodded. "For the most part. I'm glad I got a warm coat and some gloves before heading up here though. What did you have planned to do during the Fayre?"