Topics

Matchmaker! Matchmaker! Att: Nykantiath/Nerenth

Jerzy Tobin

Nykantiath was lying on the ledge of her weyr, taking full advantage
of the sunny day to soak in the warm rays. Hers was, as usual, busy
with work. Hers was almost always busy with Work, more so now than
she had been before. And while the gold was of the opinion that this
did in fact mean that their star was rising in the Weyr - more work
for hers meant they were more responsible, after all - that didn’t
mean that Hers should spend all of her time working. Even the
Weyrwoman had mates, after all! Why couldn’t Nykantiath’s Andronda
have someone?

Of course, the gold knew that Hers couldn’t be bothered to go looking
for someone herself. She didn’t have the time, or so she told
Nykantiath. It was one thing to make time to take care of her dragon,
but she couldn’t be bothered to go and try to find something as silly
as romance when she had so much else to do. Foolish human.

Well, if Andronda wouldn’t go looking, then that just meant that
Nykantiath would have to do it for her. And there were plenty of
eligible bronzes and browns around for her to choose from. She
scanned around, looking above, to the sides, and down below. Looking
for a dragon that looked awake enough that she wouldn't be disturbing
them with her visit or one that wasn't getting ready to leave for
drills or sweeps or something else. Down below, at one of the ground
level weyrs, there was a brown dragon who looked like he would fit
what she was looking for. With a flip of her wings, she glided down
to where he was, crooning softly in greeting.

((Hello. Mind if I join you for a bit?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Amy Frazey

Nerenth was sunning himself while His rested, out in front of their new weyr. The past few moons had been filled with rough winds, but the skies were clearing now. Still, the brown dragon was more protective than ever.

So the sound of approaching wings made him raise his head to look around. When he spotted a gold dragon gliding toward him, Nerenth stretched his head in her direction. {{Of course I don't mind. As long as you don't mind my dusty hide, beautiful Lady.}}

Jerzy Tobin

Nerenth was sunning himself while His rested, out in front of their new weyr. The past few moons had been filled with rough winds, but the skies were clearing now. Still, the brown dragon was more protective than ever.

So the sound of approaching wings made him raise his head to look around. When he spotted a gold dragon gliding toward him, Nerenth stretched his head in her direction. {{Of course I don't mind. As long as you don't mind my dusty hide, beautiful Lady.}}
((I do not mind,)) Nykantiath said as she settled down next to him.
It occurred to her that as they were next to the Infirmary, that the
brown's rider was probably injured and recovering. The brown himself
looked healthy - dusty hide aside. She could understand him not
wanting to leave his rider's side.

((If you itch, I could summon someone to bathe you?)) she offered.
((Is yours recovering from being hurt?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Amy Frazey

Nerenth shuffled aside to give Nykantiath a bit more room, though he remained in front of the weyr opening for the most part. {{Thank you for the offer, I will bathe later. The young ones are good for such things.}}

Nerenth turned to look behind him for a moment at the mention of His, then huffed and shook himself before turning back to Nykantiath. {{He is.}} And he sent an image of Zy'fen walking with crutches, followed by one of him with his wooden leg. And accompanying the images was a strong feeling of relieved happiness.

Jerzy Tobin

Nerenth shuffled aside to give Nykantiath a bit more room, though he remained in front of the weyr opening for the most part. {{Thank you for the offer, I will bathe later. The young ones are good for such things.}}

Nerenth turned to look behind him for a moment at the mention of His, then huffed and shook himself before turning back to Nykantiath. {{He is.}} And he sent an image of Zy'fen walking with crutches, followed by one of him with his wooden leg. And accompanying the images was a strong feeling of relieved happiness.
Nykantiath took in the images and feelings, head cocked to the side
studiously, before answering. ((I am glad yours is doing better.
Mine checks the infirmary often, but there are many there, and she
doesn't always get to spend much time with anyone in particular. But
if you and yours need anything to make you more comfortable, you need
only ask, and we would see it done.))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Amy Frazey

Nerenth bowed his head, {{We are comfortable, beauteous Nykantiath. The dust is settling -mostly on my hide- and the sky is sunny.}} There was amusement in Nerenth's tone. {{And we are together. That is what counts the most. I'm sure Mine would appreciate a visit from Yours, but we understand that she must be very busy.}}

Jerzy Tobin

Nerenth bowed his head, {{We are comfortable, beauteous Nykantiath. The dust is settling -mostly on my hide- and the sky is sunny.}} There was amusement in Nerenth's tone. {{And we are together. That is what counts the most. I'm sure Mine would appreciate a visit from Yours, but we understand that she must be very busy.}}
The gold settled down next to Nerenth, nuzzling him gently. ((Yes,))
she agreed. ((You are together, and that is the most important thing.
I'm sure mine will be glad to know that yours understands she is busy.
I will suggest to her to meet with yours to make sure he has all that
he needs. Is there anything I can do for you right now?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Amy Frazey

Nerenth welcomed the companionship, especially from a gold. The moons since that fateful Threadfall had been somewhat lonely and bereft of contact with other dragons. {{It is good just to have some company. We have felt out of place at times, since things changed. It is not at all the same, without Mine to fly and hunt with me.}} Now Nerenth sounded a bit forlorn, and he nuzzled Nykantiath's shoulder, taking comfort from the contact.

Jerzy Tobin

Nerenth welcomed the companionship, especially from a gold. The moons since that fateful Threadfall had been somewhat lonely and bereft of contact with other dragons. {{It is good just to have some company. We have felt out of place at times, since things changed. It is not at all the same, without Mine to fly and hunt with me.}} Now Nerenth sounded a bit forlorn, and he nuzzled Nykantiath's shoulder, taking comfort from the contact.
The gold crooned softly, and draped one of her wings over the brown
dragon for comfort. ((I am sure it will not always be this way,)) she
said reassuringly. ((And I am always happy to keep you company, if
you need it.))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Amy Frazey

For a few moments, Nerenth felt like he was a hatchling again, with his Golden Mother's wing draped over him protectively. Then he shook his head and rumbled appreciatively. {{Our thanks to you and Yours. It is good to be with another dragon.}} Some of their former wingmates had been outright ignoring them, or worse- pitying them.