Topics

Matchmaker! Matchmaker! Att: Nykantiath/Sunstreath

Jerzy Tobin

Nykantiath was lying on the ledge of her weyr, taking full advantage
of the sunny day to soak in the warm rays. Hers was, as usual, busy
with work. Hers was almost always busy with Work, more so now than
she had been before. And while the gold was of the opinion that this
did in fact mean that their star was rising in the Weyr - more work
for hers meant they were more responsible, after all - that didn’t
mean that Hers should spend all of her time working. Even the
Weyrwoman had mates, after all! Why couldn’t Nykantiath’s Andronda
have someone?

Of course, the gold knew that Hers couldn’t be bothered to go looking
for someone herself. She didn’t have the time, or so she told
Nykantiath. It was one thing to make time to take care of her dragon,
but she couldn’t be bothered to go and try to find something as silly
as *romance* when she had so much else to do. Foolish human.

Well, if Andronda wouldn’t go looking, then that just meant that
Nykantiath would have to do it for her. And there were plenty of
eligible bronzes and browns around for her to choose from. Nykantiath
scanned the area around her, before settling on the pale, lean bronze
form of Sunstreath. He’d do for a start.

((Sunstreath, would you be a dear and come lay next to me?)) She
called out to the bronze. ((I should like some company.))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

Sunstreath didn't hesitate, taking wing only a moment after locating the gold, gliding over to her and settling down at her side. ((Of course, beautiful Nykantiath. It would be my honor!)) He declared. ((To be in your presence is a gift of itself.))

Jerzy Tobin

Sunstreath didn't hesitate, taking wing only a moment after locating the gold, gliding over to her and settling down at her side. ((Of course, beautiful Nykantiath. It would be my honor!)) He declared. ((To be in your presence is a gift of itself.))
It *would* be his honor, and of course her presence was a gift! How
could it not be? Nykantiath preened a little under his admiration,
then settled down to business. ((Sunstreath, you are clearly a
handsome bronze. Why don't you tell me about you and Yours?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

((Of course, lovely Nykantiath!)) Sunstreath asserted, and dared to bring his head around to nuzzle her. ((I am a mighty flier, as well as the handsomest bronze you will meet here, though Mine and I were Hatched elsewhere. Mine is very strong and smart, as well; he was chosen to assist in important matters. We do not fly Fall right now, but we will rise again soon, and even stronger.))

Jerzy Tobin

((Of course, lovely Nykantiath!)) Sunstreath asserted, and dared to bring his head around to nuzzle her. ((I am a mighty flier, as well as the handsomest bronze you will meet here, though Mine and I were Hatched elsewhere. Mine is very strong and smart, as well; he was chosen to assist in important matters. We do not fly Fall right now, but we will rise again soon, and even stronger.))
((Certainly you are the most handsome fellow here, at the moment,))
the young gold agreed. She wasn't going to say 'in the entire Weyr'
because that was something subject to change depending on her whims.
((Where did you and yours come from, if not Arolos? And if yours
injured, that you do not fly Fall?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

((I was hatched at Ista.)) Sunstreath responded, chest puffing up in pride, and arching his neck proudly. ((But Mine says Arolos is better. The sunning spots here are very good.)) he added. ((I will show the best ones to you, if you like.))

A pause, and then he added, ((There was a Quake, and Mine was injured by the wher.))

Jerzy Tobin

((I was hatched at Ista.)) Sunstreath responded, chest puffing up in pride, and arching his neck proudly. ((But Mine says Arolos is better. The sunning spots here are very good.)) he added. ((I will show the best ones to you, if you like.))

A pause, and then he added, ((There was a Quake, and Mine was injured by the wher.))
((I have never been to Ista, so I could not compare. But I do agree
that Arolos is much warmer than Telgar was. With far better sunning
spots. I wouldn't mind finding some new ones if you wish to show
me.))

Nykantiath nodded gravely at the news of how Sunstreath's rider had
been hurt. ((That must have been very painful. He will be well soon,
though, yes?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

((They told him that we may fly together now, though we must still not fly drills or Thread.)) Sunstreath responded with a hum. ((Mine says that means we simply have more time to spend sunning, for now.)) he added. ((You have but to ask, and I will show you all the best spots.))

Jerzy Tobin

((They told him that we may fly together now, though we must still not fly drills or Thread.)) Sunstreath responded with a hum. ((Mine says that means we simply have more time to spend sunning, for now.)) he added. ((You have but to ask, and I will show you all the best spots.))
((Well, at least you are able to fly together! That's good to know.
It means you will be flying Thread again in no time!)) Nykantiath said
happily. ((And there is nothing wrong with having time to sun. That
is a very important task, after all.))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

((Sunning with you is an honor I will not soon forget, lovely Nykantiath.)) Sunstreath assured her. ((And Mine is strong; soon we will fly together against Thread, as you say.)) he added. ((It is only Mine says we will get fat.))