Topics

Matchmaker! Matchmaker! Att: Nykantiath/Nehryth

Jerzy Tobin

Nykantiath was lying on the ledge of her weyr, taking full advantage
of the sunny day to soak in the warm rays. Hers was, as usual, busy
with work. Hers was almost always busy with Work, more so now than
she had been before. And while the gold was of the opinion that this
did in fact mean that their star was rising in the Weyr - more work
for hers meant they were more responsible, after all - that didn’t
mean that Hers should spend all of her time working. Even the
Weyrwoman had mates, after all! Why couldn’t Nykantiath’s Andronda
have someone?

Of course, the gold knew that Hers couldn’t be bothered to go looking
for someone herself. She didn’t have the time, or so she told
Nykantiath. It was one thing to make time to take care of her dragon,
but she couldn’t be bothered to go and try to find something as silly
as romance when she had so much else to do. Foolish human.

Well, if Andronda wouldn’t go looking, then that just meant that
Nykantiath would have to do it for her. And there were plenty of
eligible bronzes and browns around for her to choose from. It’d be
good for her, too. And there were plenty of dragons, sunning on
ledges, down by the lake, up on the rim.

Down at the lake, she settled down near a brown whose hide was a
patchwork of old scars from Thread scores. He’d survived a lot over
the turns, it was clear. He’d probably have a lot of stories, him and
his rider. Perhaps His would be interesting to her Andronda?

((Greetings. May I lay down next to you?)) She asked the brown politely.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Alyx

Nehryth was about to say something snarky, then cracked open an eye. A young gold. Well he could be awakened for that he supposed. Though old his hide showed him in good weight and condition. He was recently oiled, and letting the sun bake it into his hide, like old soft leather. The other eye opened slowly, and he stretched a little in the sand.

((Mmm, of course. Please. This is one of the best spots to sun. The sand here is softer than anywhere else.)) The lanky brown yawned once, then scooted himself over to make sure there was plenty of room for the young gold. This also gave him an opportunity to wrack his rider's mind as to the identity of the youngster. There was only one new gold, not counting the babies. Once resettled, and covered in sand, which he'd take back to his ledge to rub in, he spoke again.

((You must be Nykantiath. I know the other golds around here. I'm Nehryth, it is a pleasure to meet such a lovely young lady as yourself, what brings you down to socialize with a tired old fella like myself? Not that I mind. Indeed it's nice to see, when young ones seek wisdom. At least I hope that is what you are seeking?))
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)

Jerzy Tobin

[...]

Once Nehryth cleared a space for her, Nykantiath settled down next to
him in the warm sand. It was indeed soft and comfortable, and the sun
was pleasant on her hide.

((I am, indeed. I came because I wished to have company, and you look
like you have lived a very adventurous life. Such as yourself and
your rider must have many interesting stories to tell, and I and mine
would like to hear them, if you are willing.))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146