Topics

Matchmaker! Matchmaker! Att: Nykantiath/Primith

Jerzy Tobin

Nykantiath was lying on the ledge of her weyr, taking full advantage
of the sunny day to soak in the warm rays. Hers was, as usual, busy
with work. Hers was almost always busy with Work, more so now than
she had been before. And while the gold was of the opinion that this
did in fact mean that their star was rising in the Weyr - more work
for hers meant they were more responsible, after all - that didn’t
mean that Hers should spend all of her time working. Even the
Weyrwoman had mates, after all! Why couldn’t Nykantiath’s Andronda
have someone?

Of course, the gold knew that Hers couldn’t be bothered to go looking
for someone herself. She didn’t have the time, or so she told
Nykantiath. It was one thing to make time to take care of her dragon,
but she couldn’t be bothered to go and try to find something as silly
as romance when she had so much else to do. Foolish human.

Well, if Andronda wouldn’t go looking, then that just meant that
Nykantiath would have to do it for her. And there were plenty of
eligible bronzes and browns around for her to choose from. A few
ledges away, there was a very handsome bronze indeed. She had noted
him before, but hadn’t actually spoken to him before. Large, with
handsome features, he was what one thought of when one thought of a
bronze dragon. Was his rider just as handsome?

((Hello!)) She called out to the bronze. ((I’m Nykantiath, and I am
bored. Would you care to keep me company?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laurie

Primith lifted his head and looked over at the gold sunning herself. Of course a gold would be speaking to him, why wouldn't they want to talk to a bronze as handsome as he? He cast around for O'lar, who was off doing...something. Something that didn't have anything to do with making Primith look good. He should be out finding some oils to make the bronze sheen of his skin glow. He'd seen that glow on a few other bronzes and coveted it. But they jealously guarded their secret.

(These dragons would be surprised that they were jealously guarding a secret, because they didn't know and didn't care what their riders used for oils. They just wanted their skin to not itch.)

{{Hello, beauteous Nykantiath,}} Primith responded. The ladies loved being complimented. He knew that because he loved being complimented. {{Mine is off doing something boring, also. I would love to join you.}} He launched himself off his ledge, knowing what a magnificent sight he was. All the ladies said so. His perfect wings picked the perfect updraft, and his tail, longer than most, helped him corkscrew around to a landing.

{{I am Primith, dear lady,}} he said, bowing his head. {{And how may I serve you?}}

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 10:48 AM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
[...]

Pleasure colored her eyes at the compliment Primith paid her, and
Nykantiath in turn admired the bronze as he took off from his ledge to
come to her own. He was indeed nice to look at.

((Hello, Primith. I am bored, and I want company. If yours is also
doing something boring, we should send both of ours to do boring
things together, perhaps? They could keep each other company, even as
you keep me company?))

And never mind if Andronda did or did not want company. Nykantiath
had ideas of her own.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laurie

{{I shall have O'lar immediately go see your rider,}} Primith said. {{It would be a travesty if both of our riders were destined to be lonely. That is no way to live, and I will never allow you to become lonely as long as there is flight in my wings.}}

After settling, he proceeded to nuzzle and groom Nykantiath, paying special attention to her needs. {{He's on his way. Now, what else would you like me to do?}}

Meanwhile, O'lar was taking care to keep away from the Smithcraft, at least while Kianna was there. He hadn't realized until the two golds had Impressed others how worried he'd been that the Smithcraft apprentice would Impress. That would be too freaky, considering every time he saw her all he could see was his mother. Matter of fact, he wasn't sure he wanted his dragon to fly any of the queens here. It may have been several years, but he still hadn't gotten over the way he lost her. But when Primith told him that he needed to go see Andronda, he went, no matter how reluctantly. One didn't disobey a goldrider.

Which was how he ended up on Andronda's doorstep, wondering what it was that he'd done to merit this summons. "My dragon said you wanted to see me, weyrwoman?"

On Sun, Oct 18, 2020 at 11:10 AM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> [...]

Meanwhile, O'lar was taking care to keep away from the Smithcraft, at least while Kianna was there. He hadn't realized until the two golds had Impressed others how worried he'd been that the Smithcraft apprentice would Impress. That would be too freaky, considering every time he saw her all he could see was his mother. Matter of fact, he wasn't sure he wanted his dragon to fly any of the queens here. It may have been several years, but he still hadn't gotten over the way he lost her. But when Primith told him that he needed to go see Andronda, he went, no matter how reluctantly. One didn't disobey a goldrider.

Which was how he ended up on Andronda's doorstep, wondering what it was that he'd done to merit this summons. "My dragon said you wanted to see me, weyrwoman?"
((Keeping me company is enough for now,)) Nykantiath purred.
((Perhaps you can tell me a bit about yourself, and Yours.))

Andronda was more than a bit surprised by the bronze rider's sudden
appearance, especially when he said that *she* had requested him.

"I beg your pardon? I didn't send for anyone, sir. Perhaps your
dragon sent you to the wrong place?"

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laurie

[[PRIMITH!]] O'lar mind-shouted. [[She did not request me to come here.]]

{{No, Nykantiath requested that you go see her,}} Primith said...primly. {{Nykantiath says that hers needs company. Now, leave me alone. I'm busy.}}  He went back to lavishing attention on the gold.

{{Our riders are clueless,}} he said. {{And mine, a little more so. He came from a long time ago. His dam was Weyrwoman then--}} Primith continued to tell Nykantiath some of the images he saw in O'lar's head from when he lived in the Second Pass.

Meanwhile, in Andronda's office, O'lar bowed his head. "Many apologies, weyrwoman. Primith told me that your Nykantiath was the one who sent me here. You don't seem to be in any distress, so why would she do that?"

On Wed, Nov 4, 2020 at 5:14 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> {{I shall have O'lar immediately go see your rider,}} Primith said. {{It would be a travesty if both of our riders were destined to be lonely. That is no way to live, and I will never allow you to become lonely as long as there is flight in my wings.}}
>
> After settling, he proceeded to nuzzle and groom Nykantiath, paying special attention to her needs. {{He's on his way. Now, what else would you like me to do?}}
>
> Meanwhile, O'lar was taking care to keep away from the Smithcraft, at least while Kianna was there. He hadn't realized until the two golds had Impressed others how worried he'd been that the Smithcraft apprentice would Impress. That would be too freaky, considering every time he saw her all he could see was his mother. Matter of fact, he wasn't sure he wanted his dragon to fly any of the queens here. It may have been several years, but he still hadn't gotten over the way he lost her. But when Primith told him that he needed to go see Andronda, he went, no matter how reluctantly. One didn't disobey a goldrider.
>
> Which was how he ended up on Andronda's doorstep, wondering what it was that he'd done to merit this summons. "My dragon said you wanted to see me, weyrwoman?"

((Keeping me company is enough for now,)) Nykantiath purred.
((Perhaps you can tell me a bit about yourself, and Yours.))

Andronda was more than a bit surprised by the bronze rider's sudden
appearance, especially when he said that *she* had requested him.

"I beg your pardon?  I didn't send for anyone, sir.  Perhaps your
dragon sent you to the wrong place?"

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Jerzy Tobin

[[PRIMITH!]] O'lar mind-shouted. [[She did not request me to come here.]]

{{No, Nykantiath requested that you go see her,}} Primith said...primly. {{Nykantiath says that hers needs company. Now, leave me alone. I'm busy.}} He went back to lavishing attention on the gold.

{{Our riders are clueless,}} he said. {{And mine, a little more so. He came from a long time ago. His dam was Weyrwoman then--}} Primith continued to tell Nykantiath some of the images he saw in O'lar's head from when he lived in the Second Pass.

Meanwhile, in Andronda's office, O'lar bowed his head. "Many apologies, weyrwoman. Primith told me that your Nykantiath was the one who sent me here. You don't seem to be in any distress, so why would she do that?"
"Oh, Faranth help me," Andronda muttered, flushing with embarrassment.
"My apologies, rider O'lar. My lady seems to think that my social
life has been lacking lately, and has taken it to mind that she should
be doing something about that, whether I ask her to or not."

For her part, Nykantiath was very, very smug. With the other dragons
she'd spoken too, she had only gotten Andronda to meet with one other
so far, so the fact that Primith had taken initiative to send his
rider to meet her own delighted her. She shouldn't have to do all the
work, after all!

((From so long ago? Fascinating! He must have many interesting
stories to tell.))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Laurie

O'lar chuckled at that. "We tend to forget that dragons have minds of their own," he said, as if he'd been a rider for longer than he had. But, having Weyrleader parents had given him insight into many aspects of dragonriding, including dragons manipulating events how they'd like them to go.

"So, is there any truth to what Nykantiath thinks? I know you're a recent transfer here--have you been missing friends you may have left behind? I know that as a rider, it would be easy to hop on your dragon and go visit, but have you not made any friends here yet?"

{{His stories were interesting when I was still a Weyrling,}} Primith said, {{and I do still enjoy them. But I'm looking forward to making my own stories.}} He nuzzled her neck, so she'd know he'd especially like to make stories with her.