Topics

Lots of Good Things Are Brown (T'eko, S'nen)

Ren

He had a mark and he was going to get some milk chocolate, come Thread or Tsunami. T'eko eagery waited his place in line and more than gleefully bought his bar before setting into the smooth treat with deep pleasure. Others appreciated the darker chocolate and T'eko was happy to let them; personally he couldn't stand the stuff and greatly preferred the lighter version that had been diluted. The brown wingsecond was so engrossed in his candy that he didn't see the other person come up.
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

"You there." S'nen greeted, inclining his head to the other man. A quick glance at the other's knots told him that the other was a brown rider, and a Wingsecond like him. His manner changed subtly, straightening, shoulders going back slightly. "Wingsecond. Do you think the chocolate is worth a mark?"

Ren

Still not used to his rank, T'eko's back snapped up straight to attention when he was addressed and he looked to S'nen. "Ah... yes, it's really good!" He glanced to the other man's knots and almost called him sir before remembering they were equals. "T'eko of Brocarth, and I highly recommand the milk chocolate."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

"But is it worth a *mark*?" S'nen responded, then shrugged, joined the line. When he returned, he had one of the milk candy bars as well. "S'nen of Sekerth." He added, with a nod to the other. "I can't say that I've met you yet."

Ren

"I've been here a long, long time," T'eko admitted. "Since the MorningStar Marauder clutch, which would be.... almost fifteen Turns. I came from Telgar and Impressed Brocarth here. Now I'm R'tal's Wingsecond in Flamespire!"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

"I Impressed Sekerth in High Reaches. M'gal's second, in the Skystrikers." S'nen responded once more. "I've been here since a little bit before Turn's End." He took a small bite of chocolate.

Ren

"How do you like Arolos?" T'eko's tone was bright as he worked on his chocolate, not wanting the sun to melt it. "And the chocolate is so expensive here because of how hard they have to work to keep it solid in the heat. They have to haul in ice from the North or something."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

S'nen nibbled at his own chocolate, enjoying it. "It's... Different." He allowed. "Things seem far more relaxed in standards here. And the heat is... something to adapt to." He added. "Sekerth enjoys the basking."

Ren

"That's for sure!" T'eko agreed with a laugh. "Weyrwoman Kassia's no slouch to let us just do whatever we want, but she definitely allows more than most Weyrs would. Take whers for example. With her bronze Brogan, she's set a prescedence for the rest of us. It's almost expected for a ranker to have a wher as a bodyguard. Easier to maintain and deal with than human guards, I bet. I know my Note is a good boy."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

"Ranking riders are supposed to have whers?" S'nen asked, dubiously. "I'd rather a bronze or gold firelizard. Those are everywhere, and can sound an alarm just as well."

Ren

"I wouldn't say supposed to," T'eko hemmed, "But the goldriders all do and a good portion of the bronzers. I have Note because I thought it'd be keen to have a wher. I mean I was right, but the fact that he can hear exceptionally well makes me feel safer. That quake we had recently? He alerted us in time to be safe while one of our friends lost his weyr. Firelizards are amazing, too! Mine are blue and green and they're grand. I certainly wouldn't say no to having a bronze or gold, though. It'd be pretty incredible."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

"I agree, though I'm more inclined to a bronze." S'nen answered. "And then perhaps a gold, later on." He shrugged. "If I do get a firelizard, it'll be a Callamere."

Ren

"Callameres are damn loyal and valuable," T'eko nodded. "From what little I know about you, one would fit you. You're a man of taste and style and nothing screams either as much as a Callamere."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

S'nen darted another look at him, half expecting a tease, and then relaxing once more. "I intend to visit their stall here shortly." He responded. "I won on Hard Luck, after all." He'd the marks. "But first- where else might you recommend eating from?"

Ren

"I'd say keep it to snacks so that you don't waste your appetite for the feast tonight!" T'eko enthused. "I ususally always get pies during the day, but just a few so I can keep my stomach empty enough. Hey, mind if I join you to Callamere? I won't interfere, just hang about. It's fine to say no. Also congratulations on the wins!"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

"Then I'll get a bubbly, and then head over there." S'nen decided. "And you're welcome to join me, I suppose." he added. "After all, those of rank should be able to get along."

Ren

T'eko had to think on that last line a bit. What did that mean, those of rank?

{{Ah, mine,}} Brocarth gently nudged him mentally. {{We have rank now. We're Wingseconds to Talith's.}}

"Oh, feck, I keep forgetting!" T'eko mumbled out loud when he meant to just speak to his dragon.
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

S'nen's suspicion that he had nothing to worry about, competition wise, from T'eko abruptly crystallized into certainty. "Did you forget that you're a Wingsecond?" He asked lightly, amused despite himself. "I haven't."

Ren

"Yes..." T'eko mumbled almost childishly. "It's my first time having rank! When I get to thinking about who I am now, I get all tingly and awed. I'm a Wingsecond and that's amazing, but I'm also R'tal's Wingsecond! R'tal's, man.... I've idolized R'tal since Weyrlinghood. He was a firm man but also very fair. He oversaw my punishment after the Weyrling Fight. Oh, you wouldn't know about that." T'eko blinked in realization and continued since most people would want to know about any Weyrlings fighting. "It wasn't really much of a fight. There was this girl, Hautah, who was a candidate with us but she didn't Impress. One of those gold-onlys, you know. She was dating O'lie who Impressed... green, I think. Sounds right. Anyway, she got raped and wrote O'lie when she found out that she was pregnant. O'lie freaked out because he felt that she was cheating on him and didn't really love him. I kept trying to tell O'lie that Hautah had been attacked and wasn't cheating on him at all but he wouldn't listen. I grabbed O'lie and his dragon just lost it. She went for me, Brocarth moved to protect me, I think someone got bit... In the end, O'lie and I were restricted heavily the rest of Weyrlinghood."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

S'nen listened with half an ear, more interested in the sweetness of the chocolate being slowly eaten than T'eko's story, though he made sure to hum thoughtfully when he was sure that the other man was done talking.

"And now you're a Wingsecond." He pointed out, mildly, finally finishing the chocolate bar.