Topics

Lakeside to the Danger Zone ((Attn: Marsali, Rosk))

Rosiegirl

One morning, not long after the twin golden eggs were Clutched, before heading to her morning chores, Marsali was pulled aside by one of the candidatemasters and told that for her afternoon chores after lunch she was assigned to report to the lake to assist with bathing Bluerider Rosk's Fephumith. She'd thanked the candidatemaster for the heads up, so that she could be prepared and wearing either clothes she didn't mind getting wet/smeared with oil, or be in her swimsuit, and quickly headed off to her morning chores.

The hours quickly passed, as they do for candidates who are *so* busy after a Clutching with additional lessons and activities, and soon it was after lunch. Marsali, in order to prepare for her afternoon chores, had taken the time before lunch to braid her hair up out of the way and get changed into her swimsuit (a solid blue 2 piece halter top bikini-style outfit that tied behind her neck) and then put a light, nearly sheer wrap tied low around her hips. She'd taken care to eat a light lunch that wouldn't sit too heavy on her stomach, and then headed out of the Dining Hall a little early, carrying her towel and with her sandals making a small 'flapping' sound against the stone as she walked. She hoped that she'd have time to get back to the barracks a little bit before the afternoon lessons to be able to change back into her candidate uniform.

So, arriving at the lake a bit early, Marsali began to look for Rosk and his blue, remembering the blond-haired rider from the times she'd seen him and briefly interacted with him at the beastcrafter's area.

Aaron

So, arriving at the lake a bit early, Marsali began to look for Rosk and his blue, remembering the blond-haired rider from the times she'd seen him and briefly interacted with him at the beastcrafter's area.

Rosk had seen the girl, Marsali, maybe dozens of times. He liked to spend his free time helping out at the kennels when he could, and being near the beastcrafters, he often crossed paths with the Candidates who helped there, even the ones who helped at the stables. Like Marsali.

And he had never gotten up the courage to do more than smile, wave, or say hello. Fephumith had not exactly suggested that he ask for her to be assigned to help wash him. But he had been telling himself a story lately about a runner-riding, fair-haired maiden, and eventually, his story took a turn to that maiden giving him a bath.

Rosk felt a little guilty for having asked. Like he was pushing the boundaries of abusing his position. But when he saw Marsali looking for him at the lake, he smiled, and his guilt melted away. She was so beautiful.

"Hello," he greeted her with a wave. He, too, wore his swimsuit. Fephumith lifted a paw and wiggled his claws at her.

((Hum bum bumpadum...)) he mused to her as a greeting.

Rosiegirl

Marsali was just thinking that maybe she had arrived *too* early because she hadn't yet seen the bluerider she was supposed to assist when Rosk greeted her and waved. There was a brief hesitation in her movements as a slightly embarrassed look crossed her face when she abruptly realized that the rider her eyes had scanned over a couple of times while looking for Rosk *was* infact Rosk himself! It was quite a different experience looking for someone that you'd only ever seen fully clothed and then realizing you'd not recognized him because of them being *only* in a pair of swimming shorts.

The hesitation was small though as she quickly recovered from the initial embarrassment she'd felt and walked with purpose (despite only being 5ft even and not having long stride-eating legs) toward Rosk and his blue. Noticing that the blue lifted his paw and gave her a wave as well as the mental greeting suddenly filling her head, Marsali waved first to Fephumith saying in polite greeting "Hello, handsome Fephumith."

Then she turned to really look at the bluerider with a smile and a wave saying "Fair skies, Bluerider Rosk." As she reached him, standing there in front of him entirely unconcerned with what she was wearing (or more specifically, entirely unaware of just how beautiful she was), and looked up into his striking blue eyes Marsali's brain finally caught up to what exactly her *eyes* were seeing when she looked at him...

And once her brain caught up, her own blue-grey eyes flicked away from his face as they ran down his body again, taking in the muscles that had always before been covered by a shirt. And the only thought that she was able to form was 'Wowza!' as her cheeks flamed bright red. And then she was immediately totally *mortified* by the fact that she was blushing so deep that she could actually feel it and she whipped her eyes back up to his face as she straightened her shoulders.

Thinking the best thing to do was to just ignore and power through the totally embarrassing reaction she'd had, Marsali swallowed hard and said with just a bit of a stumble (which she *hated*) "I-I hope you and your lifemate have had a good day so far, Sir. I'm ready whenever you are to assist with washing Fephumith."

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 11:22 AM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:

[...]

((She thinks I'm handsome,)) said Fephumith, delighted. His eyes swirled blue and he danced back and forth from one side to the other for a moment.

"Oh, you don't have to call me sir," said Rosk. He smiled at Marsali, his own cheeks tinged red. "Just Rosk will do. I've got the soapsand and scrub brushes here. And how are the runnerbeasts?" he asked. He thought perhaps talking about something a bit more familiar might put her at ease.

Rosiegirl

Marsali's eyes flicked away from Rosk to see the blue shift a bit back and forth as if he was dancing, smiling a little, before her eyes returned to the bluerider making sure to take care to look right up at Rosk's face and not at the expanse of bare chest and muscles. She was *positive* that her face was still quite bright red as she looked up at Rosk, and she didn't think that it would be possible for him to mistake her blushing cheeks for just being reddened from the sun like his were (being totally oblivious to the fact that *he* was blushing a little bit too!).

As he directed her to just call him Rosk, Marsali nodded with a small smile, but she did indeed perk up a bit at the question about runnerbeasts. Forgoing grabbing any scrub brush in her enthusiasm, Marsali's eyes lit up as she said "There are so many different types of runners here, it's been amazing to see them and to get to help brush them. But, I'm still a bit new here, with the beastcraft, so I've not been given leave to actually ride any of them to help exercise them, mainly doing...well, cleaning out their stalls and then washing and grooming the horses. That's all the direct interaction I've had with them so far, but it's giving me a chance to get to know each horse."

"And then at the Gather, getting to see those Callamere White runners racing was amazing! They were so..so beautiful and strong. Amazing confirmation and their stride looked so smooth..." As she realized she was getting into 'ramble' mode, Marsali bit her lip a bit (an unconsciously sexy looking movement) and looked embarrassed as she said "I'm sorry, s- I mean Rosk. I didn't mean to go on and on like that."

Glancing around for a nearby rock that wouldn't be in danger of getting splashed, Marsali walked over and put down the towel she was carrying. Then, in a surprisingly smooth movement the short girl untied the nearly sheer wrap from her waist before putting it between the folds of her towel (so it had no chance of blowing off) and then slipped off her sandals. Now suitably prepared to enter the water, she turned to the supplies bucket and bent down at the waist to grab one of the scrub brushes. Turning to Rosk now, thinking he'd bring the soapsand and his own brush, Marsali asked politely as she waited to head into the water until he was ready "And, how is it in the kennels?"