Topics

It seemed like a good idea at the time! {Petiner, Kassia}

sailyn2

As much as Foreth needed her, especially with the eggs, Kassia had to get out of the Caverns sometimes. The Caverns were hot and claustrophobic and even distracted by the eggs, Foreth was still being a pain in Kassia's rear end. Plus Brogan needed to get out now that he couldn't play on the Sands any more. So Kassia took a walk every morning. The bronze was obediently at her side when he spotted the man and his baby blue.

~Twolegs and other wher~ he alerted, though Kassia could see them, too.

"Hello?" she called out.

Kouga

As much as Foreth needed her, especially with the eggs, Kassia had to get out of the Caverns sometimes. The Caverns were hot and claustrophobic and even distracted by the eggs, Foreth was still being a pain in Kassia's rear end. Plus Brogan needed to get out now that he couldn't play on the Sands any more. So Kassia took a walk every morning. The bronze was obediently at her side when he spotted the man and his baby blue.
~Twolegs and other wher~ he alerted, though Kassia could see them, too.

"Hello?" she called out. <<

Petiner paused at the voice glancing down at the little blue to make
sure he paused too, but that had seemed to be one of the easier
lessons to get the little wher to learn. Refocused on the voice though
it took him a second longer than he liked to recognize the Weyrwoman
and her wher Brogan before replying. "Good morning Weyrwoman Kassia,
and good day to you Borgan." he offered the pair formally before
turning his attention to the little wher "Say hello to the Weyrwoman
and her wher." he instructed.

The little blue wiggled in place hunger temporarily forgotten in the
face of new people (('lo!)) He greeted the bronze and woman happily
((Shin')) he added focusing at the much larger wher fascinated. The
bronze was so shiny! He had spotted a couple of the little things his
Pet called Firelizards that were that shiny and there were some around
the place they lived, but he lived seeing new shiny things. Though he
had quickly learned he couldn't bring the shinies back to his Pet when
they were so big much to his sorrow didn't mean he didn't still
consider it.

Petiner inwardly cringed at the loud greeting, was it actually /that/
loud no, but to Pet who prefered to go as unnoticed as he could it was
far to loud "Sorry Weyrwoman, we are working on volume." he explained.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

"Working with whelps is definitely a trial," Kassia said, taking no offense. "How old is he? How are you to doing?"

~"lo, pupwher~ Brogan said. ~Pupwher good pup?~

Kouga

"Working with whelps is definitely a trial," Kassia said, taking no offense. "How old is he? How are you to doing?"
~"lo, pupwher~ Brogan said. ~Pupwher good pup?~ <<

"Yes Ma'am. It is.." Pet agreed readily pausing briefly as if
searching for a way to finish the thought "Not what I expected. He
will be a month old on the 26th he is one of Citruse's pups from her
last clutch."

((Yes! Good LilWher!)) The little blue agreed happily ignoring that he
in fact didn't always stay in their room when his Pet told him told
him to do so. He tried, and that was what counted right? ((Bigwher so
shin')) he added again distracted by how very shiny the larger wher
was and forgetting he was supposed to be staying by Pet he started to
creep forward to get closer to the bronze.

Pet could feel the moment the little blue got distracted and forgot he
was supposed to be staying still and repressed a shudder, it was so
odd and he wasn't sure how people learned to deal with this so easily
"No little wher." he informed the blue who paused one foot raised and
look back at him in what was probably supposed to be some sort of
innocent look. "Here by me, no where else." he informed him and the
little blue was clearly sulking as he moved the few steps back to his
place at the guard's side.

Once Petiner was sure the blue was settled again he returned his
attention to the Weyrwoman "I don't know how you all do it Ma'am." he
finally stated "How do you learn to deal with having something else in
your head? I thought it would be easy. So many people with
firelizards, whers, and even dragons and they make it look so easy. He
is not like me and it is hard. I don't understand him most of the
time." he confessed hoping she would have some sort of insite after
all she had both a wher and a dragon.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

"It's always an adjustment to have another being inside your head," Kassia said. "They  have different feelings and ideas so that they become not only theirs, but yours as well. It can take a while to get used to that. Most people love having another part of them, but it can be hard still. Working on the bond can help."

Kouga

"It's always an adjustment to have another being inside your head," Kassia said. "They have different feelings and ideas so that they become not only theirs, but yours as well. It can take a while to get used to that. Most people love having another part of them, but it can be hard still. Working on the bond can help." <<
"It makes me feel wrong." Petiner confided frowning "I have been
working with the other guards and we go out to the Hall when I have
days off and if we have large bits of free time in a day, but it still
feels like something that shouldn't be there." He had been told that
it should get better and he was careful not to actually reject the
feeling as he knew it was the bond and he didn't want to reject the
little blue, just for his head to feel less well itchy maybe from the
bond.

The little blue looked up at his human offering a confused and happy
sort of noise, like he wasn't sure which was the proper reply right
now. He knew his Pet didn't know what to do with him, but he also knew
that his guard was trying the other twolegs at the place with all the
whers said so. He wasn't so sure what was hard about it himself. This
was his Pet, he loved his guard and wanted Petiner to know that so he
showed him, lots. He found lots of things fun so he shared them with
his human. He liked sharing, but for some reason most of it his Pet
just didn't understand. He burrowed into his person's leg with a happy
rumble and a bright ((LilWher Pet!)) to all present.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

"I'm sorry you're struggling so much," Kassia said. "Having another being in your head definitely feels weird and I could see how you might not like it. It means that you have to think of yourself and them in a way that no one who's never done it would. You have added opinions and wants. It can be exhausting. One thing you could try is to work on your shields. You don't want to cut yourself off from your wher and you may have to wait until he's a bit older to do this, but you can learn to shut out things like whether he's hungry or itchy or whatever. You'll still have contact and be able to talk to him, but you can maintain more of yourself."

Kouga

"I'm sorry you're struggling so much," Kassia said. "Having another being in your head definitely feels weird and I could see how you might not like it. It means that you have to think of yourself and them in a way that no one who's never done it would. You have added opinions and wants. It can be exhausting. One thing you could try is to work on your shields. You don't want to cut yourself off from your wher and you may have to wait until he's a bit older to do this, but you can learn to shut out things like whether he's hungry or itchy or whatever. You'll still have contact and be able to talk to him, but you can maintain more of yourself." <<
Petiner nodded "I didn't realize it would be so odd either, but I'm
not sure it will get easier or at least I hope it will." he offered
considering the rest of the Weyrwoman's words. "That is a good way of
seeing it, exhausting. It is a new way to have to organize things and
it seems to make everything that much harder. He is little though and
I know he doesn't mean to, little things just don't know any other
way."

"Yes Ma'am of course. The Whercrafts were sure to warn me it would be
bad to cut everything off and I have been very careful to not do that
though it probably does help that I am still working on the shutting
things out. They seemed to think though that it was bad to try and do
too much right now though with him so young that it may cause damage
to our bond. I think it was due to me not having any other bonds to
compare it too that I may try and cut off too much?" He wasn't afraid
to admit his failings or shortcomings; it was the only way he could
get better after all.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

"It can be hard to know how strong your shields are or aren't at first," Kassia said. "I struggled with this, though it was with Foreth. The concept is still the same. Have you taken the classes with the Hall yet? They're mandatory and they can help you get used to your little friend there."

Kouga

"It can be hard to know how strong your shields are or aren't at first," Kassia said. "I struggled with this, though it was with Foreth. The concept is still the same. Have you taken the classes with the Hall yet? They're mandatory and they can help you get used to your little friend there." <<
"Yes Ma'am I have been doing those on my days off or short days, but
we have so few guards it is hard to do much more than that so I
haven't been able to spend much extra time there." Petiner assured
her. He was from the north and had too many horror stories about whers
mustless what had happened around Arolos, he was not going to play
even with a tiny whelp. He knew the Little Wher was just that now, but
he would grow alot and Pet wouldn't have a wher put down because /he/
didn't do what he needed too. "I will not let him suffer just because
I wasn't as prepared as I thought I was. Not if I can help it."

ooc: fergive if I am wrong about number of guards, it's just seemed
like ICly we don't have as many guards we we would like so yep that's
what I am playing with.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

sailyn2

"I know that we're pushing you right now with Foreth being on the Sands," Kassia said. "I appreciate your hard work at a delicate time and always. Keep working with your wher as much as you can. You'll need extra training if you intend to use your wher as a guard. Did you get him from the Wherhall?"

Kouga

"I know that we're pushing you right now with Foreth being on the Sands," Kassia said. "I appreciate your hard work at a delicate time and always. Keep working with your wher as much as you can. You'll need extra training if you intend to use your wher as a guard. Did you get him from the Wherhall?" <<
"Of course Weyrwoman. We will all keep doing our best and everything
that has happened recently is why I honestly reconsidered a wher. I
will do everything I can to make sure I can help protect my home and
that especially includes Foreth in her time of need." Petiner replied
without hesitation. "We will ma'am, I promise and we will be taking
the extra classes so he can function as a guard. I got him from
Greenrider K'gra's gold Citruse."

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric