Topics

I made this. Honest. (Attention: Ishkana, Ishixi, Cremsden, Tareg,

Laura Walker

Tareg refused to answer if it was his da or not. He didn’t want to be sent back- and would rather just not talk then tell the truth.

As his boot started being unlaced, Tareg resisted the urge to tug it back. Sure there were more holes in the boot then boot any more- but it was his. “If’n you unlace the rope around it, it the boot’ll fall off.” He finally offered. Truth be told- if the ground didn’t get so hot, he would have discarded the boot a while ago.

"Ah, is that the trick to it?" Cremsden said, doing as he was told. Off came the boot, and he handed it up to Tareg just as there was a thud at the door. "And that will be our klah delivery," he said, not turning to look to see if Ishkana had opened the door. "Come on in, sweetheart."

Lindsay

Ishkana stepped in, the tray held carefully in her hands. "Klah and nibbles as requested, sir," she commented, edging over to a nearby table and putting the tray on it. She looked the young man over briefly - he looked worse than she had when she came to the Weyr. She recognised that pinched, hungry look. Flicking her eyes at him before offering the plate of food, she smiled. "Here, these are good." She took a small meatroll herself and bit into it, then realised there was another healer in the room. Blushing, she apologised. "Sorry mam, I did bring klah for you but if you want food as well I can get it..."

On 24 August 2018 at 09:24, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Tareg refused to answer if it was his da or not. He didn’t want to be sent back- and would rather just not talk then tell the truth.

As his boot started being unlaced, Tareg resisted the urge to tug it back. Sure there were more holes in the boot then boot any more- but it was his. “If’n you unlace the rope around it, it the boot’ll fall off.” He finally offered. Truth be told- if the ground didn’t get so hot, he would have discarded the boot a while ago.

"Ah, is that the trick to it?" Cremsden said, doing as he was told. Off came the boot, and he handed it up to Tareg just as there was a thud at the door. "And that will be our klah delivery," he said, not turning to look to see if Ishkana had opened the door. "Come on in, sweetheart."

Cassandra Coogan

Taregs non scissor holding hand darted out, grabbing a meat roll and pulling back just as quick, mouth watering. Sure he had eaten earlier- thanks to the rider- but he was still starving.
Eyeing everyone in the room warily, he started to nibble, practically devouring the roll once he realised how good it was.

On Tuesday, August 28, 2018, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
[...]

"It's okay, lad, plenty of food available." Cremsden's words had a distracted quality to them as he focused on examining Tareg's foot. "Here now, just need to work out where you've hurt, okay? Going to start pressing, need you to tell me when it hurts. I'll take it slow but do try not to kick me."

Cassandra Coogan

Tareg stared at him before nodding. “I will try not to kick but.” He stopped “ever do things without thinking them through? Getting ‘urt makes me wanna run and hide an get away- even if I know it’s better to stay an worse comes If’n I run. No’ that you’re worse.” He bit his lip, leg muscles tensing then relaxing as he fought the want/ need to run and hide and heal away from others against being prodded and in pain.

On Sunday, September 2, 2018, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

"And that's why I ask you out loud rather than assuming you won't," Cremsden agreed, eyes still on what he was doing, fingers very light as they moved over ankle and foot. "Sometimes knowing the reflex is there is enough to mean you can consciously catch it. If not... well, been kicked in the face before, nothing I won't survive. Any of this hurting more than you were hurting already?"

Cassandra Coogan

“Little sharper there.” Tareg admitted. “Moren the dull throb it is anyways.” He stares at his foot, willing it not to kick. He didn’t actually want to hurt the Healer, he realised, and the grip on the scissors lessened a little as he relaxed.”

On Monday, September 3, 2018, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

[...]

"Hm." Cremsden paused at that area, starting to prod around it gently. "Sorry," he said apologetically. "Somewhere around here is likely to really hurt, I know."

Cassandra Coogan

Taregs whole leg twitched as he caught the very sore spot, jerking back towards his body after the aborted kick at Cremsden. “Sorry sorry.” He tensed, eying the healer for any reaction before making himself relax, the scissors now in his hand and very visible.

On Tuesday, September 4, 2018, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

“Little sharper there.” Tareg admitted. “Moren the dull throb it is anyways.” He stares at his foot, willing it not to kick. He didn’t actually want to hurt the Healer, he realised, and the grip on the scissors lessened a little as he relaxed.”

"Hm." Cremsden paused at that area, starting to prod around it gently. "Sorry," he said apologetically. "Somewhere around here is likely to really hurt, I know."

Taregs whole leg twitched as he caught the very sore spot, jerking back towards his body after the aborted kick at Cremsden. “Sorry sorry.” He tensed, eying the healer for any reaction before making himself relax, the scissors now in his hand and very visible.

"It's fine, it's fine, I poke something that hurts I expect--" Cremsden's voice was a reassuring murmur until he finally glanced up and caught sight of the scissors. For a moment he stopped, hands stilling on Tareg's ankle.

"Put those down, there's a good lad," he said, voice very calm. "Next to you is fine, where you can reach 'em is fine, but you wave anything sharp around when I'm setting off your reflexes like this and you're as liable to hurt yourself as someone else."

Lindsay

Ishkana stepped forward, trying to catch Tareg's eye. "Can I take the scissors?" she asked softly. "I'll put them here where you can see them. I'll trade you for more meatrolls if you like?"

On 12 September 2018 at 08:14, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Taregs whole leg twitched as he caught the very sore spot, jerking back towards his body after the aborted kick at Cremsden. “Sorry sorry.” He tensed, eying the healer for any reaction before making himself relax, the scissors now in his hand and very visible.

"It's fine, it's fine, I poke something that hurts I expect--" Cremsden's voice was a reassuring murmur until he finally glanced up and caught sight of the scissors. For a moment he stopped, hands stilling on Tareg's ankle.

"Put those down, there's a good lad," he said, voice very calm. "Next to you is fine, where you can reach 'em is fine, but you wave anything sharp around when I'm setting off your reflexes like this and you're as liable to hurt yourself as someone else."

Cassandra Coogan

“Not a pet.” Tareg grumbled, eyes wide and heart racing as he was hit with a huge instinct to run run run.
His hand closed tighter about the scissors before he rather hesitantly handed them over. “I’ll still have another meat roll though.” He admitted, eyes still following the scissors. Not in hand but in sight was not the same as in hand and it made him want to run-run-run.

On Friday, September 14, 2018, Lindsay <alexeden1971@...> wrote:
[...]

Ishkana took the scissors and put them to one side before proffering the plate again. "Try to keep still," she suggested, "He's good at what he does." The lad looked tense as if ready to flee at a moment's notice and Ishkana wanted to reassure him a little but wasn't entirely sure how. She dragged over a small table and placed it next to Tareg, putting the plate of meatrolls on it and standing the other side; facing towards Cremsden as if she was aligning herself with the young man.

On 14 September 2018 at 08:32, Cassandra Coogan <Aroloscass@...> wrote:
[...]

Tareg’s hand reaches out to grab two meat rolls, one slipping up his sleeve while the other was nibbles on. He eyed the pair suspiciously. It wasn’t like he could run, so he may as well just put up with whatever they were going to do.
He stayed could tight, his whole body tense- which did nothing to make his ankle any less sore.

[...]

"The father." Much as Cremsden might appreciate the help reassuring the kid there were other jobs that needed doing. He nodded towards the door to remind Ishkana. "Go talk to him, good girl."

Lindsay

Ishkana caught the scowl before it fully flowed across her face. She was here to do what she was told, no matter what she thought was the right course of action. "Yes sir." she nodded and, with a smile for Tareg, she left the room in search of the man who'd brought the lad to the Weyr.

On Sun, 14 Oct 2018 at 08:27, Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:

Tareg’s hand reaches out to grab two meat rolls, one slipping up his sleeve while the other was nibbles on. He eyed the pair suspiciously. It wasn’t like he could run, so he may as well just put up with whatever they were going to do.
He stayed could tight, his whole body tense- which did nothing to make his ankle any less sore.

"The father." Much as Cremsden might appreciate the help reassuring the kid there were other jobs that needed doing. He nodded towards the door to remind Ishkana. "Go talk to him, good girl."

Cassandra Coogan

Tareg’s eyes followed Ishkana as she left before focussing back to Cremsden warily.