Topics

#heatwave Your Health, Your Hydration (attn: any Riders) #heatwave

Mya L. R.

Anyone that'd just come to the South wouldn't know how the day compared with prior Summers.  All that person would know was that they were sweltering under the harsh sunlight that was bathing its heat across the Weyr.  The fact that there would be a Threadfall tomorrow, however, did drive one of those recent Northern arrivals into taking action.

A sheen of sweat had already begun forming across her skin as she reached the Weyrlake, a pitcher in one hand, a stack of cups in the other.  Rionnon cast her gaze around and soon was striding over toward the nearest rider, busy tending their dragon.  "Excuse me.  You look like you've been busy out here.  Would you like some juice?"  Rionnon asked, raising the hand that held the pitcher for the rider to see.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Jerzy Tobin

Anyone that'd just come to the South wouldn't know how the day compared with prior Summers. All that person would know was that they were sweltering under the harsh sunlight that was bathing its heat across the Weyr. The fact that there would be a Threadfall tomorrow, however, did drive one of those recent Northern arrivals into taking action.

A sheen of sweat had already begun forming across her skin as she reached the Weyrlake, a pitcher in one hand, a stack of cups in the other. Rionnon cast her gaze around and soon was striding over toward the nearest rider, busy tending their dragon. "Excuse me. You look like you've been busy out here. Would you like some juice?" Rionnon asked, raising the hand that held the pitcher for the rider to see.
"Oh, sweet baby dragons, yes please!" Yeha said, letting the sponge
she'd been using drop down into the bucket of soapy water. She was
completely soaked, and not just because she'd been bathing her dragon.
Sweat from the heat had had her drenched long before she'd even
reached the lake, and even the water hadn't felt all that cool against
her legs. Juice sounded divine right now.

"Thanks. You're a peach for bringing something out for us riders."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Mya L. R.

On Sun, Jun 28, 2020 at 12:06 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
"Oh, sweet baby dragons, yes please!" Yeha said, letting the sponge
she'd been using drop down into the bucket of soapy water.  She was
completely soaked, and not just because she'd been bathing her dragon.
Sweat from the heat had had her drenched long before she'd even
reached the lake, and even the water hadn't felt all that cool against
her legs.  Juice sounded divine right now.

"Thanks.  You're a peach for bringing something out for us riders."

"You don't need to thank me.  All I'm doing is help you all prepare for tomorrow.  We can't exactly afford to not do all that we can...particularly considering what today is like."  Rionnon said smoothly and tipped the pitcher above the cups, letting the juice run into the uppermost cup, filling it almost to the rim before she pulled the pitcher away.  Turning the pitcher so the handle rested around her hand, she plucked the filled cup from the stack and held it out to Yeha.  "Here you go."

Jerzy Tobin

"You don't need to thank me.  All I'm doing is help you all prepare for tomorrow.  We can't exactly afford to not do all that we can...particularly considering what today is like."  Rionnon said smoothly and tipped the pitcher above the cups, letting the juice run into the uppermost cup, filling it almost to the rim before she pulled the pitcher away.  Turning the pitcher so the handle rested around her hand, she plucked the filled cup from the stack and held it out to Yeha.  "Here you go."

Yeha took the cup from the girl and tossed back the juice in a single go.  It was sweet, it was cool, and it was wet, and exactly what she had needed.

"My thanks, all the same.  You know its a bad kind of heat when even bathing a dragon in the lake doesn't help cool you off."

--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted, and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Mya L. R.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 9:50 AM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
Yeha took the cup from the girl and tossed back the juice in a single go.  It was sweet, it was cool, and it was wet, and exactly what she had needed.

"My thanks, all the same.  You know its a bad kind of heat when even bathing a dragon in the lake doesn't help cool you off."

Rionnon waited while the rider drank the juice, her head cocking slightly when Yeha finished it in one go.  "Makes sense.  I don't really have that much experience with heat, it's my first summer away...from...Bitra Hold.  So feeling baked is a bit new to me."

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Jerzy Tobin

Rionnon waited while the rider drank the juice, her head cocking slightly when Yeha finished it in one go. "Makes sense. I don't really have that much experience with heat, it's my first summer away...from...Bitra Hold. So feeling baked is a bit new to me."
"Ah." That made sense. "I was born and raised here in the South.
So, while heatwaves like this aren't common, they're not unheard of by
any means. One rolls through every so often. Hopefully it won't
linger."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Mya L. R.

On Sun, Jul 19, 2020 at 2:49 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
"Ah."  That made sense.  "I was born and raised here in the South.
So, while heatwaves like this aren't common, they're not unheard of by
any means.  One rolls through every so often.  Hopefully it won't
linger."

"Hopefully."  Rionnon held her hand out for the emptied cup.  "I was born over at Alonel Hold, but mother took us back to Bitra not that long after I was born.  So I take it I won't have to expect another one like this for a few Turns?"

--
Member Name: MyaL