Topics

(Heatwave) Some Like It Hot ((Attn: Yolin/W'son, Calyse)) #heatwave

Calyse had started feeling unwell part way through afternoon lessons on that day, and no amount of fanning or sipping at a waterskin seemed to help. When she rose to her feet to ask for permission to visit the bathroom, dizziness made her realize that perhaps a trip to the Infirmary was a better idea. The Harper granted her approval to visit the healers, and Calyse made her way there by way of the weyrbowl, rather than navigate the tunnels she wasn't yet accustomed to.

By the time she arrived, she was rather a mess. The bright pink color on her fair face and exposed arms immediately indicated a not-insignificant sunburn, but it was the way she swayed unsteadily on her feet as she staggered through the door that was if greater concern. "Mm, help may I-I be.. tha's no'.. hmm, wha' was I..? Oh, dizzy." She muttered with a hand placed against her forehead, slurring gently and acting confused.

Kouga

[...]

Yolin was still barely in the first stages of learning things, but
that was ok for her, she knew she just had to give it time even if she
would much rather know all the answers right now. Still tha meant that
she liked spending extra time in the infirmary and she had found a
couple of older healers that didn't mind her shadowing them if they
were taking a shift. She did her best to take advantage, but wasn't
always able to. Today though was one of those days though when she had
managed to find one the others to follow. He had actually just started
his rounds so they were in the main area and she was listing with half
her attention as she kept her attention around them so she spotted the
older girl first.

As the slight tug on his shirt W'son paused in talking to the other
healer and looked down frowning slightly, it wouldn't normally bother
him, but she was still learning edicate so he was a bit tougher on
Yolin then he normally would be with apprentices that shadowed him. He
had just opened his mouth to scold her and remind her that she
couldn't interrupt any sort of handoff when she pointed towards the
entrance. The brownrider listed his gaze following her find and
spotted an older candidate who definitely didn't look well and also
appeared to have just come in.

She had seen the look on the older man's face before he spotted the
girl she had just seen him in. Yolin was glad when it smoothed out and
he nodded instead and she offered W'son a grin. She had been worried
at first she wasn't even allowed to interrupt for what looked like a
very sick someone, but apparently that was ok after all. She trailed
after the older male as he lead them towards Calyse.

Always cautious of people's needs W'son paused near the candidate
reaching a hand out but not touching yet "You don't look well. Let's
get you to a chair." he offered wanting to get her sitting so that he
could try and get a better look at her and so that he wasn't so
worried about her falling down. It was too hot a day to not be extra
cautious of anyone coming in.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Calyse looked at the man who had addressed her and the girl that followed in his wake like they weren't quite human, squinting and taking a step backward when first approached. The words reached her, though, and she realized having a sit did sound like a very good idea. She didn't protest being guided toward a chair, sinking into it heavily and panting like it had taken some effort.

"I'm.. I'm quite diz.. woo, very dizzy," she explained slowly, frowning like the words felt funny in her mouth. "Is there water? I feel.. tired." She was slightly cool to the touch, skin damp with sweat and still clammy despite the temperature outside. The pale shade of her skin had begun to turn a pink on her face and bared arms, though whether from a fresh sunburn or the heat was hard to tell. Presenting with signs of heat exposure, the probability was high.

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020, 4:52 AM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
> [...]

Calyse looked at the man who had addressed her and the girl that followed in his wake like they weren't quite human, squinting and taking a step backward when first approached. The words reached her, though, and she realized having a sit did sound like a very good idea. She didn't protest being guided toward a chair, sinking into it heavily and panting like it had taken some effort.
"I'm.. I'm quite diz.. woo, very dizzy," she explained slowly,
frowning like the words felt funny in her mouth. "Is there water? I
feel.. tired." She was slightly cool to the touch, skin damp with
sweat and still clammy despite the temperature outside. The pale shade
of her skin had begun to turn a pink on her face and bared arms,
though whether from a fresh sunburn or the heat was hard to tell.
Presenting with signs of heat exposure, the probability was high. <<

W'son frowned over the words nodded as the girl spoke before turning
his attention to Yolin "Go find one of the water skins and a glass."
he instructed the girl sending her off quickly keeping his attention
on Calyse. "My name is W'son, can you tell me yours?" he questioned
deciding that letting her sit a couple of moments to see if that could
help her stabilize a bit before trying to get her into a proper room.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Focusing on W'son and his question, she nodded. That she could do! "Calyse, my name is Calyse," she replied, sinking forward over her knees and bracing her head in her hands in an attempt to make the world stop spinning. "I-I haven't been here long, in.. in here, this.. aw, shells, what is the word? Weyr! In this Weyr. I'm kind of new." The way her light skin had burned in the short exposure suggested Northern stock without the sense to wear sunscreen oil. At least it wasn't so sharding hot inside the Infirmary.