Topics

Hatching - Wings of Vengeance (ATTN: Miacca/Aelloth, Isirdux)


Mya L. R.
 

There were Hatchlings...not everywhere.  Each color caught her eye, whether bronze, brown, blue or green, they all had their strengths and would be beneficial for the Weyr.  She honored that fact by examining each one carefully.  Her gaze followed another pair that'd hatched, a bronze and green, fought over the Firelizard.  The clearly motionless, dead firelizard not hanging from the green's mouth.  All not soon enough the bronze was tearing off to find someone among the Candidates, leaving the green too...move on to even more horrific scenes, claws and teeth tearing into 2 other Candidates.

Blood, flesh, torn hatching robes.  Miacca clapped one hand over her mouth, holding back the horrified gasp that'd welled up into her throat at the scene.  It happened, it really did, it wasn't the first time Candidates didn't clear out of the way.  Still they were losing a Candidate all while the green made a bloody mess there on the Sands.  Even after the green left the mess she'd made Miacca couldn't pull her hand away from her mouth, not trusting what sounds might've came out of it after that.  But, uncaring about the injured Candidates, the Hatching went on, another pair of Dragonets hatching from their eggs.  None of them came toward her though, and her mind, still reeling from the scene, took its time being pulled back onto the colorful marvels.

Once it did she began noticing that they seemed to be hatching only in pairs, slower than the last hatching.  Slower than...well she couldn't remember another hatching like it but, then again, her brain kept hiccuping over the dragons that currently were wandering...  Make that pouncing, she mentally amended, as some tunnelsnakes began attracting the Hatchlings attention.  

Finally two greens hatched, one solid dark green, a stalker ready for the shadows in the Caverns.  The other one, however, the olive green left the impression of a drab little creature that someone had puked other colors onto.  On closer look though there were patterns to it that didn't strike Miacca as really puke like, but...  After witnessing what happened to Ysolde & Sorho, the darker theme left her unable to quite place what those patterns were.

The darker green faded from her attention as she focused on those patterns, shaking her head to try seeing something other than grim impressions on that hide.  Like brushstroke...some part of saw them now even if her brain still spun various less pleasant images, that at least weren't full of blood, flesh and torn cloth anymore.  Except by now that green was coming closer, the markings growing more clear that they indeed look like brushstroke on that green sniffing at another Candidate.  A scream broke through her current fixation and, though she didn't register the Candidate jerking away from the green, she saw the green jerk away.

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 4:30 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
((Maybe they’re wrongdoers,)) Aelloth suggested. She walked up to the nearest Candidate and reared up to sniff at him. Normally the faint points of scratching where her claws connected underneath the thin fabric might not have been that scary, but after that kid was mauled at the beginning, the boy screamed and fell back. Aelloth screeched and pulled back in return.
 

((I found one! I found a wrongdoer! ~~Miacca~~! Help me capture this wrong doer!)) She stood there half over the poor victim Canddiate’s legs and wagged her body happily.


Miacca sucked in a breath, that voice resounding inside her head felt like it'd been there from even before the green addressed her.  The presence they carried felt like the fixation she'd had on those patterns playing over the green's hide.  Or it was a new fixation replacing the first, she couldn't identify which!

The hand dropped from her mouth as she found words that weren't in need of being held back.  "Aelloth...Aelloth..."

Aelloth stayed over the Candidate's leg, with another wiggle, anticipating the moment she get to capture the wrongdoer.  Yet Her's didn't move!  The young woman just stood there staring at Aelloth like she'd never seen her green before.  All while Aelloth could feel sensation from Miacca like she'd always seen her.  {{Quickly before it gets away!  Who *knows* what it'll do if we don't get to it!}}  The green raised one forefoot and impatiently slashed claws downward,digging them viciously deep into the sand beside the accused's leg.


-- 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723


Jerzy Tobin
 

There were Hatchlings...not everywhere. Each color caught her eye, whether bronze, brown, blue or green, they all had their strengths and would be beneficial for the Weyr. She honored that fact by examining each one carefully. Her gaze followed another pair that'd hatched, a bronze and green, fought over the Firelizard. The clearly motionless, dead firelizard not hanging from the green's mouth. All not soon enough the bronze was tearing off to find someone among the Candidates, leaving the green too...move on to even more horrific scenes, claws and teeth tearing into 2 other Candidates.

Blood, flesh, torn hatching robes. Miacca clapped one hand over her mouth, holding back the horrified gasp that'd welled up into her throat at the scene. It happened, it really did, it wasn't the first time Candidates didn't clear out of the way. Still they were losing a Candidate all while the green made a bloody mess there on the Sands. Even after the green left the mess she'd made Miacca couldn't pull her hand away from her mouth, not trusting what sounds might've came out of it after that. But, uncaring about the injured Candidates, the Hatching went on, another pair of Dragonets hatching from their eggs. None of them came toward her though, and her mind, still reeling from the scene, took its time being pulled back onto the colorful marvels.

Once it did she began noticing that they seemed to be hatching only in pairs, slower than the last hatching. Slower than...well she couldn't remember another hatching like it but, then again, her brain kept hiccuping over the dragons that currently were wandering... Make that pouncing, she mentally amended, as some tunnelsnakes began attracting the Hatchlings attention.

Finally two greens hatched, one solid dark green, a stalker ready for the shadows in the Caverns. The other one, however, the olive green left the impression of a drab little creature that someone had puked other colors onto. On closer look though there were patterns to it that didn't strike Miacca as really puke like, but... After witnessing what happened to Ysolde & Sorho, the darker theme left her unable to quite place what those patterns were.

The darker green faded from her attention as she focused on those patterns, shaking her head to try seeing something other than grim impressions on that hide. Like brushstroke...some part of saw them now even if her brain still spun various less pleasant images, that at least weren't full of blood, flesh and torn cloth anymore. Except by now that green was coming closer, the markings growing more clear that they indeed look like brushstroke on that green sniffing at another Candidate. A scream broke through her current fixation and, though she didn't register the Candidate jerking away from the green, she saw the green jerk away.
None of this, not one bit of it, was anything like the stories Isirdux
had heard from his mother while growing up. None of it was like the
gossip spoken about among the crew of the ship, either. They had
never, ever mentioned baby dragons *mauling* candidates to death! He
had gagged and fought down the urge to throw up right then and there,
fought the urge to try and run away, lest that bloody green come after
him next. No, instead he stayed rooted where he stood, hunching down
a bit to try and be less noticeable. He was pretty damned sure he
didn't want any of *these* dragons to choose him!

So, needless to say that when another green dragonet - what was *that*
shade of green? - came over to him, and actually reared up and
scratched Isirdux through his robes, the boy screamed. He was going
to die next! No! No! No! No! He jerked away and fell over, the
green dragonet falling over his legs. He flung his arms up over his
face, bracing for the attack that was sure to come.

"Please! No!"


--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


Mya L. R.
 

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 7:00 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
> There were Hatchlings...not everywhere.  Each color caught her eye, whether bronze, brown, blue or green, they all had their strengths and would be beneficial for the Weyr.  She honored that fact by examining each one carefully.  Her gaze followed another pair that'd hatched, a bronze and green, fought over the Firelizard.  The clearly motionless, dead firelizard not hanging from the green's mouth.  All not soon enough the bronze was tearing off to find someone among the Candidates, leaving the green too...move on to even more horrific scenes, claws and teeth tearing into 2 other Candidates.
>
> Blood, flesh, torn hatching robes.  Miacca clapped one hand over her mouth, holding back the horrified gasp that'd welled up into her throat at the scene.  It happened, it really did, it wasn't the first time Candidates didn't clear out of the way.  Still they were losing a Candidate all while the green made a bloody mess there on the Sands.  Even after the green left the mess she'd made Miacca couldn't pull her hand away from her mouth, not trusting what sounds might've came out of it after that.  But, uncaring about the injured Candidates, the Hatching went on, another pair of Dragonets hatching from their eggs.  None of them came toward her though, and her mind, still reeling from the scene, took its time being pulled back onto the colorful marvels.
>
> Once it did she began noticing that they seemed to be hatching only in pairs, slower than the last hatching.  Slower than...well she couldn't remember another hatching like it but, then again, her brain kept hiccuping over the dragons that currently were wandering...  Make that pouncing, she mentally amended, as some tunnelsnakes began attracting the Hatchlings attention.
>
> Finally two greens hatched, one solid dark green, a stalker ready for the shadows in the Caverns.  The other one, however, the olive green left the impression of a drab little creature that someone had puked other colors onto.  On closer look though there were patterns to it that didn't strike Miacca as really puke like, but...  After witnessing what happened to Ysolde & Sorho, the darker theme left her unable to quite place what those patterns were.
>
> The darker green faded from her attention as she focused on those patterns, shaking her head to try seeing something other than grim impressions on that hide.  Like brushstroke...some part of saw them now even if her brain still spun various less pleasant images, that at least weren't full of blood, flesh and torn cloth anymore.  Except by now that green was coming closer, the markings growing more clear that they indeed look like brushstroke on that green sniffing at another Candidate.  A scream broke through her current fixation and, though she didn't register the Candidate jerking away from the green, she saw the green jerk away.
>
None of this, not one bit of it, was anything like the stories Isirdux
had heard from his mother while growing up.  None of it was like the
gossip spoken about among the crew of the ship, either. They had
never, ever mentioned baby dragons *mauling* candidates to death!  He
had gagged and fought down the urge to throw up right then and there,
fought the urge to try and run away, lest that bloody green come after
him next.  No, instead he stayed rooted where he stood, hunching down
a bit to try and be less noticeable.  He was pretty damned sure he
didn't want any of *these* dragons to choose him!

So, needless to say that when another green dragonet - what was *that*
shade of green? - came over to him, and actually reared up and
scratched Isirdux through his robes, the boy screamed.  He was going
to die next!  No!  No! No! No!  He jerked away and fell over, the
green dragonet falling over his legs.  He flung his arms up over his
face, bracing for the attack that was sure to come.

"Please!  No!"

At the movement, Aelloth jerked her head back, more surprised over it being the upper portion that had moved.  {{You won't get away from me, you...you wrongdoer!}}  She stretched her claws out once more and slammed them down onto the white hem, her shoulder putting enough force behind it that they lowered down with her.  That Miacca wore something white...well the green hadn't really seen anything beyond the fact that Miacca was there with her.  She raised her other forefoot which brought it over the Candidate's thigh.

Her green was moving, her green was slamming her forefoot down onto the other Candidate's Hatching Robes.  The Impression sank in enough that Miacca was beginning to process more than just Aelloth's beautiful, smooth floating name and...there was something about the other Candidate being a wrongdoer?  Miacca shook her head while she finally lurched into motion, dropping onto her knees and wrapping her arms around Aelloth.  "No!  No, that isn't necessary, we don't have to catch him!"

 
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723


Jerzy Tobin
 

At the movement, Aelloth jerked her head back, more surprised over it being the upper portion that had moved. {{You won't get away from me, you...you wrongdoer!}} She stretched her claws out once more and slammed them down onto the white hem, her shoulder putting enough force behind it that they lowered down with her. That Miacca wore something white...well the green hadn't really seen anything beyond the fact that Miacca was there with her. She raised her other forefoot which brought it over the Candidate's thigh.

Her green was moving, her green was slamming her forefoot down onto the other Candidate's Hatching Robes. The Impression sank in enough that Miacca was beginning to process more than just Aelloth's beautiful, smooth floating name and...there was something about the other Candidate being a wrongdoer? Miacca shook her head while she finally lurched into motion, dropping onto her knees and wrapping her arms around Aelloth. "No! No, that isn't necessary, we don't have to catch him!"
Isirdux whimpered as the claws found the hem of his robe and pulled
down, sinking into his leg at the same time. 'Don't kick!' he
thought. 'Don't do something to set her off!' But oh, it was hard not
to want to kick out at the dragonet. His chest stung, and those claws
in his leg weren't any better. But he was still alive. He could
survive scratches! Shard it all, couldn't she move on and leave him
alone?

Then he heard someone saying something, trying to stop the dragonet.
Despite the tears in his eyes, and the fear, Isirdux dared to peek
through his arms, hoping against hope that he was going to be saved.


--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


Mya L. R.
 

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 8:02 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
Isirdux whimpered as the claws found the hem of his robe and pulled
down, sinking into his leg at the same time.  'Don't kick!' he
thought. 'Don't do something to set her off!'  But oh, it was hard not
to want to kick out at the dragonet.  His chest stung, and those claws
in his leg weren't any better.  But he was still alive.  He could
survive scratches!  Shard it all, couldn't she move on and leave him
alone?

Then he heard someone saying something, trying to stop the dragonet.
Despite the tears in his eyes, and the fear, Isirdux dared to peek
through his arms, hoping against hope that he was going to be saved.

The second forefoot hung, still threatening, over that leg but the attention Aelloth once fixed onto Isirdux shifted away, leaving the male Candidate to, instead, fix her whirling gaze onto Miacca.  {{Surely we can't let wrongdoers go free, he will go do bad.  That is what wrongdoers do.}}

There was the wrongdoer phrase again, Miacca took a deep breath and exhaled it, gathering the thoughts that'd been previously blown to Faranth knew where by Impression.  "I'm aware that is what they do, hence the name, wrongdoer but he hasn't done anything wrong."  She paused and waited expectantly for Aelloth to react to her words.

Aelloth wiggled, twitched, she couldn't stand still even while she considered what Miacca said about this wrongdoer, or maybe wrongdoer.  The gaze she'd removed from the Candidate swung sharply back around, back onto Isirdux and she lowered her head, huffing a breath out into his face.  {{Are you absolutely sure he's not?  He sure looks like he knows he has been caught doing something bad.}}
 
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723


Jerzy Tobin
 

The second forefoot hung, still threatening, over that leg but the attention Aelloth once fixed onto Isirdux shifted away, leaving the male Candidate to, instead, fix her whirling gaze onto Miacca. {{Surely we can't let wrongdoers go free, he will go do bad. That is what wrongdoers do.}}

There was the wrongdoer phrase again, Miacca took a deep breath and exhaled it, gathering the thoughts that'd been previously blown to Faranth knew where by Impression. "I'm aware that is what they do, hence the name, wrongdoer but he hasn't done anything wrong." She paused and waited expectantly for Aelloth to react to her words.

Aelloth wiggled, twitched, she couldn't stand still even while she considered what Miacca said about this wrongdoer, or maybe wrongdoer. The gaze she'd removed from the Candidate swung sharply back around, back onto Isirdux and she lowered her head, huffing a breath out into his face. {{Are you absolutely sure he's not? He sure looks like he knows he has been caught doing something bad.}}
Trying to listen to the one-sided (to him) conversation while in pain
and still terrified was hard, oh so hard. But at least he was no
longer being clawed at, even if the green hadn't fully let go of him
yet. Something about...wrongdoing? He hadn't done anything wrong!

"I haven't! I didn't *do* anything!" Isirdux insisted. "I didn't!"



--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146


Mya L. R.
 

On Sat, Sep 5, 2020 at 8:38 PM Jerzy Tobin <jerzytobin@...> wrote:
Trying to listen to the one-sided (to him) conversation while in pain
and still terrified was hard, oh so hard.  But at least he was no
longer being clawed at, even if the green hadn't fully let go of him
yet.  Something about...wrongdoing?  He hadn't done anything wrong!

"I haven't!  I didn't *do* anything!" Isirdux insisted.  "I didn't!"

The Candidate was talking, was talking without being her trustworthy Miacca.  Aelloth exhaled another breath into the Candidate's face, slow and warning of her displeasure about him breaking into the conversation.  Still there was something, growling in her middle, angrily insistent for something that wasn't this Candidate.  She drew first one forefoot back, the other lingering in the hatching robe another moment before it suddenly jerked away, the green wiggling eagerly in Miacca's arms.  {{I need something now, right *now*.  What is it, where is it?}}

Miacca breathed out through her nose and cast a quick glance toward Isirdux, but her attention quickly got drawn back onto the gnawing hungry.  "What you need is food.   You're hungry, Aelloth, the AWLMs have the food waiting outside of the Caverns."  She said as her grip around the green loosened and the little green wiggled free, her head snapping around looking for where this 'outside of the Caverns' was.

 
--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL
Discord: Neffeyn#8723


Jerzy Tobin
 

The Candidate was talking, was talking without being her trustworthy Miacca. Aelloth exhaled another breath into the Candidate's face, slow and warning of her displeasure about him breaking into the conversation. Still there was something, growling in her middle, angrily insistent for something that wasn't this Candidate. She drew first one forefoot back, the other lingering in the hatching robe another moment before it suddenly jerked away, the green wiggling eagerly in Miacca's arms. {{I need something now, right *now*. What is it, where is it?}}

Miacca breathed out through her nose and cast a quick glance toward Isirdux, but her attention quickly got drawn back onto the gnawing hungry. "What you need is food. You're hungry, Aelloth, the AWLMs have the food waiting outside of the Caverns." She said as her grip around the green loosened and the little green wiggled free, her head snapping around looking for where this 'outside of the Caverns' was.
The hot breath on his face had Isirdux flinching and whimpering all
over again. Finally, the forefoot moved away, and then the other, the
the dragon wiggled free of his legs, and finally - finally! - left
with his newly Impressed human. It was a few minutes more before
Isirdux finally began to lift himself up. He'd need a healer to check
over the scratches he'd gotten, but at least he was still alive!



--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146