Topics

[Hatching Feast] Talking Shop and Good Food atten: Valder/Insera

sailyn2

Insera loved a good Hatching, dragon, wher, flit, whatever. Though this was a sad one, there was happiness to get out of it. And part of that happiness was the Feast afterwards. She headed there in her best dress and got her food and then went looking for someone she knew. She spotted Valder first.

"Mind if I sit here?"

Amy Frazey

His former dining companion had been pulled away, after a lengthy talk about their mutual Craft, and after Valder had consumed most of three plates of rather excellent feast food, he was relaxing and just enjoying the festive atmosphere.

It surprised him somewhat when a very pretty, and very nicely dressed woman, approached and asked if she could sit with him. He'd worn good clothes, and looked fairly presentable, but nowhere near as nice as she did. But Valder nodded and gave the pretty lady a smile. "Not at all."

sailyn2

"Fair skies Senior Journeyman," she said as she took a seat. "How are you tonight? Did you enjoy the Hatching?"

OOC: He'd know who she is he'd been in the crast.

Amy Frazey

As soon as Insera spoke, it dawned on Valder who she was. The dress and festal setting had thrown him for a moment. He stood and gave her a respectful bow. "Master Insera." Valder shook his head as he sat back down, "I didna make it to the Hatching. Had to get Sig situated, an by tha time, it was over. This feast is very grand though. How are ye this day?"

sailyn2

"I am well, thank you," Insera said, taking a seat and making herself comfortable. She started filling a plate. "How's Sig doing?"

Amy Frazey

Valder nodded. "Good, good." He waited politely while Insera filled a plate, and offered to fill her glass with wine.

"Oh, she's comin right along. Gotten good at hidin in the grass." He paused to give Insera a chance to eat some before springing his idea on her. It might be a bit rude to talk business on a celebration day, but he'd already mentioned his thoughts to Diagir, and was interested in running it by a Whercraft master, to see if it was even viable.

sailyn2

"Glad to hear that," Insera said. "Everything going well with that? No concerns with her training?"

Amy Frazey

Valder shook his head, "Not concerns, really." He hesitated, "But I do have some ideas I'd like to talk to you about. Not today, though. Today is for celebrating the Hatching, and enjoying all the good food. And the good company."

sailyn2

"That's good to hear," Insera said. "But I'm always willing to talk shop, unofficially of course, if you're interested. Or whatever you want to talk about. I'm not picky."

Amy Frazey

Valder nodded and grinned. He was always up for talking about the work that had become his calling in life. But he was also noticing just how good Insera looked in her finery, and wished he had fancied himself up a bit more. He was used to working so much, and didn't think he'd ever seen Insera in anything but uniforms and work clothes before.

And yet, the lure of getting her in on his grand idea was prodding at him. He leaned across the table, closer to Insera, and spoke intently, "I'd really like to get permission to start training Sig to herd the heavies. I thought first about training a wher to guard woolies, but the silly critters'd be to scared. So I thought maybe the cart oxen would be more tolerant. Do you think it could work?"

sailyn2

Insera took a sip of drink as she tried to envision it. "I assume your goal is not just to stop there, but that you want to start a program for training herding?"

Amy Frazey

Again, Valder nodded excitedly, leaning back and raising his hands in the air as if to encompass something. "Yes, yes. Eventually. I've only barely started with Sig. She's learning fairly well, especially for a green. Still gets it into her head to run sometimes, or try to play hide and seek in the grass." He laughed and let his hands fall, picking up his wine. "She doesn't realise she's too big for that. But overall, she's getting better at being patient."

sailyn2

"And would you expect that others would want to buy these whers, or is this just a proof of concept?" Insera asked,

Amy Frazey

Valder smiled as he leaned back in his chair, still holding his glass of wine. "Oh, this just the proof. I'm a long ways from having any sort of skilled herdwhers. Sig is just the beginning."