Topics

Hatching Feast - Such As It Is atten: Rennitz, Yiyu, any #HatchingForeth2020

Jessica Freise

Rumors of the hatching were rampant amongst the older Weyrlings. But as she approached a slim, familiar young woman, she laid them all aside. Pausing beside her, she smiled and said softly, "Hello, Rennitz"

Ren

"Yiyu!" Rennitz's face shone with joy at seeing her dearest friend and she almost went in for a hug but stopped herself. "How are you? Did you see, or hear?" She showed Yiyu the weyrling knots on her shoulder with deep pride. "I Impressed! His name is Basilith and he is a most interesting blue. I hope he'll be friends with Mertrith."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"He's gorgeous," the older Weyrling pronounced before she smiled brilliantly at Rennitz. "I've heard so much about the hatching, it's hard to know what you should believe."

A pause.

"Faranth's first egg, I have missed you!"

On Sep 6, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Yiyu!" Rennitz's face shone with joy at seeing her dearest friend and she almost went in for a hug but stopped herself. "How are you? Did you see, or hear?" She showed Yiyu the weyrling knots on her shoulder with deep pride. "I Impressed! His name is Basilith and he is a most interesting blue. I hope he'll be friends with Mertrith."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"It was.... graphic," Rennitz admitted with a shudder. "I knew that hatchlings could hurt a human, but I've never seen one kill before. And my breath but was that green intent on murdering Sorho. I don't think Foreth herself could have stopped her." She shuddered again before offering Yiyu a little smile in return. "I've missed you too, my dear. I'm glad to see that you're doing well. How are you? How's Mertrith?"
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

Yiyu considered the questions. How was she, truly?

"It is a little lonely. I miss you most of all. Mertrith is doing wonderfully, though," she added, exchanging a smile that they both no couldhaving Impressed.

On Sep 6, 2020, at 10:32 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"It was.... graphic," Rennitz admitted with a shudder. "I knew that hatchlings could hurt a human, but I've never seen one kill before. And my breath but was that green intent on murdering Sorho. I don't think Foreth herself could have stopped her." She shuddered again before offering Yiyu a little smile in return. "I've missed you too, my dear. I'm glad to see that you're doing well. How are you? How's Mertrith?"
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

"You do?" Rennitz's tone was soft and touched, eyes maybe a bit wet. "That's too sweet, dear. But now you'll be close to me and our dragons will get to be as close as we are. Just think, barely hours old and he's already got a friend, even if Basilith doesn't know it. Oh, do watch out, he hisses, but we're trying to work on that. Oh! I'm just... so happy and excited to see you again!"
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Amy Frazey

Gayatri had missed part of the Hatching, arriving late because Edyth and Ardon had been in a tiff over...something, she wasn't sure just what. After calming them down, and yawning herself awake, she'd managed to find a seat in the stands.

It had been an extremely odd, and somewhat horrific Hatching. Gayatri had missed the part where one hatchling had eviscerated a boy who got in it's way. But she'd seen the aftermath.

Now, though, she wanted to eat, and to congratulate her best friend, who she knew had Impressed. So with a smile on her face, Gayatri went in search of Rennitz. And found her talking to Yiyu. She gave both the other girls a big smile. "Hey Renn. Congratulations!  How does it feel? Hi Yiyu."

Jessica Freise

Yiyu smiled brilliantly. She reached out, then dropped her hand, remembering the rules of this little get-together.

"You, more than anyone else, helped me stay strong and learn who and what I am, Rennitz. I owe you for that."

On Sep 6, 2020, at 10:13 PM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"You do?" Rennitz's tone was soft and touched, eyes maybe a bit wet. "That's too sweet, dear. But now you'll be close to me and our dragons will get to be as close as we are. Just think, barely hours old and he's already got a friend, even if Basilith doesn't know it. Oh, do watch out, he hisses, but we're trying to work on that. Oh! I'm just... so happy and excited to see you again!"
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Ren

Rennitz turned to Gayatri when the senior Weyrling approached with a smile. "Thank you, Gayatri. It's surreal, to be honest. I was up standing with the gold eggs when he called me." Her tone was automatically full of love at her dragon's pronoun. She did chuckle a bit. "I thought his call was one of my firelizards at first and tried to shoo him off! But they both chimed in with their presence so I realized it was a dragon. I was... crushed at first because it meant that I'd never get a gold. But he was insistent and sort of angry, so I apologized to Foreth and ran downstairs.

"Oh, but that moment when I first saw those rainbow eyes..." Rennitz's voice became emotional and wispy then, as though talking of a lover. "I knew that here was my dragon, laid by Foreth just for me. Basilith is his name and he's my little fighter. Oh, he's downright vicious!" Rennitz laughed then. "He already got us in trouble for hissing at a classmate. But I corrected him. I... think that I might end up sleeping in his wallow tonight. Did either of you do that at any point?"
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

"Once or twice," Yiyu admitted, "but it was more for my comfort than hers." She smiled at the newcomer to conversation. "I don't believe I've met you formally."

On Sep 7, 2020, at 11:35 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

[...]

Gayatri grinned back at her friend, "Yeah, it was kind of like that for me, too. We weren't in a separate cavern, but I still felt a bit let down over not Impressing gold, since there wasn't one in that clutch. Edyth made it all worth it though." Her grin widened as she recalled that moment, then Gayatri glanced at Yiyu. "Sorry, I'm Gayatri of green Edyth." She held out her hand for Yiyu to shake if she wanted.

Jessica Freise

"Yiyu of green Mertrith," she answered, taking the other Weyrling's hand in a swift handshake.

On Sep 7, 2020, at 12:23 PM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

Gayatri grinned back at her friend, "Yeah, it was kind of like that for me, too. We weren't in a separate cavern, but I still felt a bit let down over not Impressing gold, since there wasn't one in that clutch. Edyth made it all worth it though." Her grin widened as she recalled that moment, then Gayatri glanced at Yiyu. "Sorry, I'm Gayatri of green Edyth." She held out her hand for Yiyu to shake if she wanted.

Ren

"I'm surprised you two haven't met," Rennitz hummed, though she was pleased to see her friends interact so positively. "Now we'll be together in the barracks, at least until you graduate. It's always better with friends."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Amy Frazey

Gayatri gave the petite Yiyu an appreciative glance, admiring the firm strength behind her handshake. Turning back to Renn, she pulled something out of her pocket and held it out to her best friend. A pretty cream colored pearl,  not as large as the pink one her sister had sent her as an Impression gift,  but still a good size. "I brought you something to commemorate your Impression. It should make a good bracelet or necklace."

Jessica Freise

Yiyu blinked, surprised at the look given her. Then her face fell. She hadn't gotten Rennitz anything. With Mertrith to tend to, the tradition had flown right out of her head. Still, she smiled to see Rennitz receiving *something* from her good friend.

On Sep 7, 2020, at 9:18 PM, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:

Gayatri gave the petite Yiyu an appreciative glance, admiring the firm strength behind her handshake. Turning back to Renn, she pulled something out of her pocket and held it out to her best friend. A pretty cream colored pearl,  not as large as the pink one her sister had sent her as an Impression gift,  but still a good size. "I brought you something to commemorate your Impression. It should make a good bracelet or necklace."

Ren

"Oh, Gayatri, this is gorgeous! Thank you! A pearl... Oh, Yiyu, remind me to talk to you later," Rennitz said as an aside to her other friend. She had the necklace that Ysolde had made for her ready and waiting. "I know just the jewelcrafter.... oh." She blinked. "I was going to say that Ysolde can make beautiful things with pearls, but.." Rennitz fell quiet a minute at the memory of what had happened to her.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jessica Freise

Yiyu blanched, but stood straight and took Rennitz's hand for just a moment before carefully releasing it, aware of all the restrictions on both of them.

"Does anyone have any word on her? And that green, will she be trained, truly?"

On Sep 8, 2020, at 6:55 AM, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

"Oh, Gayatri, this is gorgeous! Thank you! A pearl... Oh, Yiyu, remind me to talk to you later," Rennitz said as an aside to her other friend. She had the necklace that Ysolde had made for her ready and waiting. "I know just the jewelcrafter.... oh." She blinked. "I was going to say that Ysolde can make beautiful things with pearls, but.." Rennitz fell quiet a minute at the memory of what had happened to her.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Amy Frazey

Gayatri lost her smile as well. "That was...terrible. It must have been horrifying. I don't think anything like that has ever happened before. That hatchling was out of control. I hope your friend will be okay."