Topics

Hatching Feast, L'rin's Cya laters/ Any


Alyx
 

After Cycleth had been fed. it hadn't taken much at all to get him settled and asleep. L'rin was still starving. THankfully breakfast was provided. Larissa'd turned out all his breakfast favorites too. Being one of the probably few with an appetite, L'rin grabbed a tray and started filling it. Even though Cycleth was now asleep, the hunger pains were still with him at least a little. So bacon, eggs cooked to almost a crisp, a couple pancakes, and then fruits stuck everywhere else on the plate that he could fit them in. This included a redfruit he ran out of room for, so he stuffed it in his mouth to carry and quickly found an easy to be spotted place where he could stuff his own mouth and people could talk to him.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Amy Frazey
 

Almira was tired, but very hungry, and after getting a plate piled high with food, she went over to sit by the boy who was like a little brother to her. "Congratulations on Impressing a bronze, Lerian. I'm sure he's amazing."


Alyx
 

"Oh he is. He's already trying to solve the world's problems. Though at the moment the 'world' is our class." He paused to grin and took a big bite of sausage. He'd missed most of the action because taller candidates hadn't let him through to the front.

"Your lil fella looks good too. Looks like he's gonna get big. I didn't catch his name in all the excitement though. Cycleth's my bronze's name. And I think I'm gonna go with L'rin now." He grinned at that. It seemed so strange still, changing his name, having a dragon, but he was loving every moment of it.

--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Coni P
 

"That is going to take a little bit of getting used to." Insaya forced
a smile to her face as she sat down across from the two new weyrlings.
She put down the teapot and several mugs, promptly flipping one over
to pour a cup of something fruity with a very faint afterhint of mint.
"But congratulations to both of you - they both sounded very cute."
The smile was a bit more natural now, thinking about their bronze and
blue.

On 06/09/2020, Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"Oh he is. He's already trying to solve the world's problems. Though at the
moment the 'world' is our class." He paused to grin and took a big bite of
sausage. He'd missed most of the action because taller candidates hadn't let
him through to the front.

"Your lil fella looks good too. Looks like he's gonna get big. I didn't
catch his name in all the excitement though. Cycleth's my bronze's name. And
I think I'm gonna go with L'rin now." He grinned at that. It seemed so
strange still, changing his name, having a dragon, but he was loving every
moment of it.

--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka
(Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)



--
True friendship comes from the heart - not an electric squid to the face.
(Wander Over Yonder)


Alyx
 

"Hey Insaya, ooh tea, thanks so much." He picked up and cup and sniffed it. A smile slowly spread on his face, thinking of another night, drinking tea, years ago, after another Hatching.

"Same blend, isn't it? As the night we met?" He asked quietly taking a sip. He'd come a long way from the scared child rescued from Fort that dark night. After a moment he turned to Almira to include her as well. 

"Almira, this is Insaya, she was the very first friend I made here at Arolos. She made me this tea when I couldn't sleep. We've been friends ever since."
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)


Amy Frazey
 

"Big. I think... I think he will be. And his name is Prometh." Almira gave L'rin a tired smile. "And I think he's very... angry at the world." She trailed off as Insaya sat down across from them with her tray of tea and cups. "L'rin is a good name change. Hi Insaya. Thanks. But I don't think cute is really a good word for Prometh. He looks a little.... I love him, but he looks a little lopsided. But maybe it was just the low light?"


Coni P
 

"It's close." Insaya suppressed the small giggle that would give away
that the tea blend being similar to the one they drank when they met
was by complete accident. She'd chosen this one because it would help
people calm down from the Hatching and sleep - which was exactly why
they'd had that tea before. "I added a bit of dried fruit."

"And he's your dragon, which means that he's perfect." Insaya gave a
small, belated wave, then bit her lip as a thought occurred to her.
"I'm sorry that I heard what he was saying though. I... If I could
*not* hear, I would."

On 07/09/2020, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:
"Big. I think... I think he will be. And his name is Prometh." Almira gave
L'rin a tired smile. "And I think he's very... angry at the world." She
trailed off as Insaya sat down across from them with her tray of tea and
cups. "L'rin is a good name change. Hi Insaya. Thanks. But I don't think
cute is really a good word for Prometh. He looks a little.... I love him,
but he looks a little lopsided. But maybe it was just the low light?"



--
True friendship comes from the heart - not an electric squid to the face.
(Wander Over Yonder)


Alyx
 

"You're welcome to listen in on me and Cycleth Insaya. We don't have any secrets to hide." L'rin smiled in his innocent way and sipped at the tea again. "I like the fruit you added, citrus isn't it? The orange ones, not those sour yellows."

He was pretty sure of his identification. It lent a nice note to it.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)


Amy Frazey
 

Almira looked longingly at the tray and tea. It smelled good, and she glanced at Insaya. "May I have some?" She gave the other girl a grateful look, "He is perfect. All the hatchlings are perfect..." She hesitated, "Well, most of them. I think that one scared a lot of people. And it..." She broke off, realizing maybe this wasn't a good topic, especially while they were eating.


Coni P
 

"Well, it's not like I can listen in on both of you... Just him."
Insaya smiled at L'ran, pouring a cup of tea for Almira once it seemed
like the younger woman wasn't going to do so herself. She'd purposely
brought several mugs with her, knowing that there were likely to be
other people dropping in to say hi to her "little brother".

"And I won't be talking to any of them right away. I... There's some
dragons in your class who I think I'd like to not talk to for as long
as I can help it." She nodded, knowing exactly what green Almira was
referring to. "But, if either of you are busy in class or asleep or
well... anything, I don't mind it if they talk to me. Once they're old
enough to not broadcast to everyone, I mean."

The other two might have been eating, but Insaya wasn't. She probably
would be a bit conscious of what she ate for the next week or so, but
right now it was alright.

On 11/09/2020, Amy Frazey <amyfrazey9@...> wrote:
Almira looked longingly at the tray and tea. It smelled good, and she
glanced at Insaya. "May I have some?" She gave the other girl a grateful
look, "He is perfect. All the hatchlings are perfect..." She hesitated,
"Well, most of them. I think that one scared a lot of people. And it..." She
broke off, realizing maybe this wasn't a good topic, especially while they
were eating.



--
True friendship comes from the heart - not an electric squid to the face.
(Wander Over Yonder)


Alyx
 

L'rin grinned to see the two of them talking. He'd miss his flits for a bit, but he knew they'd be alright. Right now though he was so hungry and just wanted to get as much food into himself as he could and then pass out just like Cycleth had. 

"I bet he will talk to you later. He likes to talk Cycleth does. Or seems to at least." Then there was the grin, the one that no matter how he tried he couldn't keep off his face.
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)


Amy Frazey
 

Almira gave Insaya a grateful look when she poured her a cup of tea. "Thanks, and sorry, I'm a little tired." Then something belatedly dawned on her, and the look changed to one of awe and concern. "You can hear all of them?"