Topics

(Harper Open) To The Sky [J'zat- Filk Song]

Steelsilver

J'zat cleared his throat as he took his place on stage, giving a slight bow to the three judges. "This is somethin' I kinda put together from a mishmash of different things." he offered, checked his guitar's strings. "I hope you like it." A pause, a deep breath, and then he began to sing.
"Caught up in a sea of faces
There's a dreamy world up there
Dear friends in Weyr and Wing
Carry me away from here
Travel light, let the sun eclipse you
'Cause your flight is about to leave
And there's more to this brave adventure
Than you'd ever believe
Dragons-eye view, awake the stars 'cause they're all around you
Wide eyes will always brighten the blue
Chase your dreams, and remember me, sweet bravery
'Cause after all those wings will take you, up so high
So bid the forest floor goodbye as you race the wind
And take to the sky (you take to the sky)
On the heels of Thread and wonder
There's a stormy world up there
You can't whisper above the thunder
But you can fly anywhere
Bright burst of gleaming flits
This picture paints a thousand words
So take a breath of myth and mystery
And don't look back
Dragons-eye view, awake the stars 'cause they're all around you
Wide eyes will always brighten the blue
Chase your dreams, and remember me, sweet bravery
'Cause after all those wings will take you, up so high
So bid the forest floor goodbye as you race the wind
And take to the sky (you take to the sky)
There's a world above the trees
Where the brave are finally found
Touch your faces to the breeze
And leave the ground
Dragons-eye view, awake the stars 'cause they're all around you
Wide eyes will always brighten the blue
Chase your dreams, and remember me, sweet bravery
'Cause after all those wings will take you, up so high
So bid the forest floor goodbye as you race the wind
And take to the sky
(You take to the sky)
(You take to the sky)".

Finishing his song, with one last guitar and strum, J'zat bowed once more. "Thank you for your time, sirs'n'lady." he told them and then moved off the stage.