Topics

#greenflight Unexpected Morning (atten: any) #greenflight

Steelsilver

Sigyth hissed, her already displeased mood from being awake nearly the whole night for the Hatching only mildly soothed by watching the clearly strong little ones Impress. ((You need to be with me.))

"Sig, I'm starving, I need to eat."

((No, I need you now!))

The sun peeked over the horizon, and Sigyth screamed, and rose with it.

Ren

Kiloth was already awake when his favored and favorite green screamed her challenge and rose to the skies. Bugling his own response, he opened his glorious brown wings to follow- and found F'lo on his foot.

{{Pet, get off of me! Unless you're wanting to go to the flightrooms?}} Kiloth would still show his rider that much courtesy before leaping off after his darling. What the brown didn't expect was the intense feeling of a hand pushing him down to the stone of his ledge as a resounding tone of judgement came from his rider.

"No." F'lo voiced his amswer with all the strength and power that he could muster, but his tone was surprisingly calm.

{{No?! But it is our Sigyth! You and I have awaited this day for nigh a Turn. We cannot pass-}}

"No." F'lo stated flatly again. "I will not risk losing you. Do you remember, oh brown of mine, what Ko'ssen said? The emotions from this could trigger you *between* without your consent. And since you don't know how, I would lose you. Do you want me to be Dragonless?" He had to praise himself quietly for being so calm and stoic.

{{Of course not!}} Kiloth snapped back, irritation in his voice over seeing others rise for his precious sister and not being able to join him. His rider's mental grip helped break his lust and the purple in his eyes was mixed with yellow and orange. {{This is-}}

"My fault, I know," F'lo finished as he slid off the paw. Kiloth wouldn't fly now, he was sure. "I'm sorry, Kiloth. We'll get her next time." He looked up after the green that got away and to the flight rooms where T'son probably was. "I'm sorry to you, too... I wanted to be there with you so badly. Come on, Kiloth. Let's go over strap notes again."
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jerzy Tobin

Sigyth hissed, her already displeased mood from being awake nearly the whole night for the Hatching only mildly soothed by watching the clearly strong little ones Impress. ((You need to be with me.))

"Sig, I'm starving, I need to eat."

((No, I need you now!))

The sun peeked over the horizon, and Sigyth screamed, and rose with it.
Well, that had certainly been a thing, E'thari thought. He'd stood
for a number of Hatchings, sure, but nothing quite like this! He
couldn't remember a hatching where a candidate had been mauled to
death, before, and it was definitely something that was going to haunt
his dreams for a long time to come. Rather than go down to the
breakfast feast, though, E'thari had gone back to his weyr instead.
He had some fruit in there for snacking on, and at the moment, he'd
rather have that and quiet than try to endure being around the rest of
the Weyr for a feast.

He was distracted from his mood when he heard a dragon scream - a
green rising? Now?

((Its Sigyth!)) Runaath exclaimed. ((I'm chasing!))

Of course he was. Not that E'thari minded in the least.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Ren

Seteieth heard the green rise and saw the blue chasing her. His interest was piued- this was a maiden mating flight of Sigyth, one of his class. He shouldn't chase her, but his instincts took over. D'cul saw the eyes of his dragon turn red and knew that he was rising. A quick tap into Seteieth's mind showed who it was and D"cul fought before deciding to go down to the flight rooms. Perhaps better he be there just in case. Seteieth took his rider down to the flight rooms before jumping up after Sigyth with a bellow of his own.

{{Fly straight, young Sigyth! I shall chase you until you tire out.}}
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Steelsilver

((No one shall catch me!!)) Sigyth bellowed back, and with one powerful sweep of her wings was airborne, flapping vigorously. ((Come, fly with me- I am the maiden of the sky, and I will sweep away dark thoughts!!))

Ren

Flapping like that, maybe she wouldn't fly long, Seteieth surmised to himself as he followed easily, massive wings picking up drafts and using them to propel him upwards after her. He kept quiet for now- this wasn't a goldflight where constant praise and accolades where mandatory to even have a chance at winning, but he would send her praises when it was necessary.
--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jerzy Tobin

Flapping like that, maybe she wouldn't fly long, Seteieth surmised to himself as he followed easily, massive wings picking up drafts and using them to propel him upwards after her. He kept quiet for now- this wasn't a goldflight where constant praise and accolades where mandatory to even have a chance at winning, but he would send her praises when it was necessary.
Runaath didn't know where that bronze had come from, but he wasn't
about to let that interloper take his beloved Sigyth from him!
Bugling a challenge, the blue deepened his own wingbeats to bring him
closer to his clutchmate.

((Do not worry, Sigyth! Runaath is here, and I will allow no others near you!))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

Sigyth twisted in midair, losing ground briefly in order to get a good look at her chasers. Oooh, a bronze! But wait... that was Runaath! She knew him, and bugled again, before returning her focus to her flight, though she was already tiring. ((Prove yourselves to me!)) she called.
---
(ooc: given this is a first flight, it'll be short. One more reply from each of you, then I'll pick the winner.)

Ren

On Tue, Sep 8, 2020 at 05:18 PM, Steelsilver wrote:
Sigyth twisted in midair, losing ground briefly in order to get a good look at her chasers. Oooh, a bronze! But wait... that was Runaath! She knew him, and bugled again, before returning her focus to her flight, though she was already tiring. ((Prove yourselves to me!)) she called.
---
(ooc: given this is a first flight, it'll be short. One more reply from each of you, then I'll pick the winner.)
{{Sigyth, goddess of freedom and glory, I have won many green and even some goldflights. I am a caring mate and will be good to you after,}} Seteieth said, ready to tap into his strength and lunge after her. {{For a maiden flight, you fly well. When you graduate, you will make your wing proud.}}

--
Out of the fire comes new life. Telgar Rises!

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jerzy Tobin

Sigyth twisted in midair, losing ground briefly in order to get a good look at her chasers. Oooh, a bronze! But wait... that was Runaath! She knew him, and bugled again, before returning her focus to her flight, though she was already tiring. ((Prove yourselves to me!)) she called.
Prove himself? Hadn't he done so by rising to chase her? It wasn't
his fault that a bronze had decided to intrude! He deepened his
wingbeats, gathered his strength, and did a little aerial flip
designed to bring him closer to Sigyth based on her own flight path.
He didn't want to waste too much energy with Seteieth around, but he
wanted to show off for Sigyth too.

((Don't heed that shiny fluffhead. What does he know about you?
Nothing! You and I have been together since the first, and we should
be together now, right?))

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Steelsilver

The bronze, gleaming and strong, attracted Sigyth's attention- but only for a moment, as Runaath called out to her, and did a flip just for her, bugling her approval and reaching for him, eyes whirling in delight and approbation. ((Loyal Runaath, I am yours, catch me!!))

[ooc- and the winner is Runaath by coin flip!]