Topics

[ Gather ] [ Harper Open ] So it begins!

Jerzy Tobin

As the hour approached Silfrid could feel herself starting to become
more and more nervous. It was one thing to plan and solve problems,
it gave one a feeling of control, but the closer they got to the event
the more she realized just how difficult it was to bottle chaos.

She looked towards Raobehr and Andronda and offered them a quick smile, “Ready?”

Whether they were ready or not, the time had come. She could hear the
band on stage finishing a rendition of the Duty Song, the last song on
their repertoire before everything started. Taking a deep breath, the
woman signalled the other judges and led them out onto the stage. Her
eyes grew when she saw the enormous crowd gathered.

“Welcome!” she said loudly, using her diaphragm to boost the sound of
her voice without resorting to yelling over the crowd, a trick most
harpers learned early on. Imagine screaming at the top of your lungs
between each performance; few voices would survive. “Welcome,
Arolosians and friends, to the Harper Open!”

Andronda stepped forward, feeling a nervous flutter in her stomach.
She had never addressed a crowd this large before, and it was just a
little nerve racking.

“Tonight, we will be hearing music from several talented people, all
of them competing for the top prize of a Callamere Gold Firelizard, or
30 marks, winner’s choice. For second place, the prize is 15 marks,
and due to a generous donation, there will also be a third place prize
of 5 marks.”

"We are your panel of judges," said Raobehr, sweeping his arm to
gesture at his fellow judges. Senior Journeyman Silfrid." He moved his
open palm to indicate her. "Junior Weyrwoman Andronda. And I am
Journeyman Harper Raobehr. Many thanks to Andronda for filling in for
Journeyman Harper Ravelan, who has fallen just a touch ill."

"And with that. Let the Open commence!"

OOC:
Welcome to the 2020 Harper Open!

We all hope you have a great time. This time around we’re doing
things a bit differently from past years as we will be judging “in
character.” That means that while lyrics will still be the most
important aspect, the performance will be judged as well. Be sure to
read the previous OOC posts sent out by Lynn for guidance on how to
turn in your submissions on list.

We are accepting submissions until Wednesday, June 3rd, 11:59 PM PST
(Pacific Standard Time). And submission sent after that time will not
be taken into account. The winner will be announced this weekend.

If you want a specific reaction out of the judges (for example, you
feel like doing a funny entry where your character sings terribly)
please let us know and we will do our best to accommodate you :)

Please keep in mind that this is all for fun. If you have any
questions feel free to seek us out via chat.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146