Topics

GATHER: Callamere Stall - Firelizards (NPC Giselle/L'nix)

Ren

L'nix would have had to have been blind and dumb to not notice the firelizard stall. New to Arolos and the South in general as he was, he was flabbergasted by the amount of firelizards there were in just this one space. As such, the Forter found himself getting closer to the stall until he was at the front of the quickly forming queue looking at the eggs in shock and awe. Was he actually allowed to purchase one of these for such a reasonable price?
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

Giselle had already fielded a share of people who just came to look. Despite the abundance of firelizards in the South, the refined Callamere lines were always something to see. She spotted the Rider hovering and approached him. "Can I help you with anything, sir?"

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 12:07 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
L'nix would have had to have been blind and dumb to not notice the firelizard stall. New to Arolos and the South in general as he was, he was flabbergasted by the amount of firelizards there were in just this one space. As such, the Forter found himself getting closer to the stall until he was at the front of the quickly forming queue looking at the eggs in shock and awe. Was he actually allowed to purchase one of these for such a reasonable price?
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

L'nix looked up and tried to hide his defensiveness. "Not to be a bother, madam. I'm newly from the north and I'm rather in awe of your firelizards. Your stall says Callamere, may I ask what that means? Is that a family name, a hold name, or something else?" His eyes fell to the gold and he was in awe all over again. "She's beautiful."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

This was a question Giselle was very used to. "Something of all of those? Callamere is our Hold name but it's also the name that has come to be used in identifying our animals. My family have spent turns focusing on the particular refinement and breeding of runners, whers and firelizards. You may have heard of Callamere Whites? They're the Runners my father - Lord Riv, has cultivated. My mother, Lady Revai - focuses on our whers and I, the firelizards although up until recently it was manned by my older sister."

Shimmer preened at the compliment, rewarding the man with a musical chirrup and a flutter of her wings. Yes, yes she was beautiful.

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 5:48 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
L'nix looked up and tried to hide his defensiveness. "Not to be a bother, madam. I'm newly from the north and I'm rather in awe of your firelizards. Your stall says Callamere, may I ask what that means? Is that a family name, a hold name, or something else?" His eyes fell to the gold and he was in awe all over again. "She's beautiful."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

"How is a Callamere firelizard different than a... non-Callamere firelizard?" L'nix winced at not knowing the word. "I'm strongly considering a firelizard for its usefulness and I want to know if I should get a Callamere or not. I like yours since I can appreciate anything with as much work put into it as you claim."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

Giselle gestured the man to follow her slightly to where she had paid a Harper handsomely to draw up a large infographic of the primary difference between Callamere and wild firelizards. "We have taken many turns focusing on balanced and attractive proportions, intelligence, biddability - their ease of training and have focused on eliminating undesirable traits such as violence or aggression. Even our faire is monitored carefully by Shimmer here," Giselle gestured to the gold on her shoulder. "Firelizards that develop undesirable or uncooperative elements are driven away."

She pointed at the chart. "As you can see, a Callamere firelizard has a profound physical refinement and balanced bone structure than wilds. They're also significantly bigger although we're in the process of working to  bring the sizes down a bit."

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:09 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"How is a Callamere firelizard different than a... non-Callamere firelizard?" L'nix winced at not knowing the word. "I'm strongly considering a firelizard for its usefulness and I want to know if I should get a Callamere or not. I like yours since I can appreciate anything with as much work put into it as you claim."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

"So basically, Lady, what you're saying is that you've bred a bigger, better, and brighter firelizard," L'nix said with distinctive awe. "No wonder this tent is so awe-inspiring to look at with the faires swarming around it. I've the marks, may I purchase a firelizard, please? What color do you recommend? I'd mostly use it for messaging when appropriate, but also fetching items of mine and aiding in Threadfall. And... I may or may not spoil and pamper it as much as I can." L'nix flushed lightly but kept his gaze level.
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

"That's basically about it." Giselle answered cheerfully. "In a nutshell, our bronzes are egotistical and demanding, our browns are calm and reliable, our blues are steadfast romantics and our greens have a tendency to get a little less distracted - but they do mean well and try ever so hard." There was an enthusiastic indulgence to her words as she spoke.

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:30 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
[...]

"Honestly I'm torn between a brown and a green," L'nix admitted. "I like the reliability of the brown, and it matches my dragon, though I wonder if a green should appreciate regular pampering more. Ah, but that I could buy both." A chuckle to show that he was so clearly joking. He'd never, he had no idea how to manage one. "Maybe I should flip a mark..."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

"Well how about you see one of each in person? I can have Shimmer here call down some of the faire. They usually pop in and out anyway. That way you can see how one looks up close and personal." At the mention of her name, Shimmer perked up, whistling with curiosity.

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:38 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"Honestly I'm torn between a brown and a green," L'nix admitted. "I like the reliability of the brown, and it matches my dragon, though I wonder if a green should appreciate regular pampering more. Ah, but that I could buy both." A chuckle to show that he was so clearly joking. He'd never, he had no idea how to manage one. "Maybe I should flip a mark..."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

"I'd be honored," L'nix nodded. "Thank you for the courtesy, Lady, and to you Shimmer."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

She suspected he would respond as such. Gesturing that he divert his attention to a nearby perch set somewhat behind the main tables, Shimmer summoned two of her faire - one green and one brown. A second later, they appeared, chattering noisily and with evident excitement as they settled themselves on the perch, biting playfully at each other in familiarity. "Step over here to take a closer look. They won't bite - Shimmer has them on strict orders to be on their best behaviour."

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 6:44 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"I'd be honored," L'nix nodded. "Thank you for the courtesy, Lady, and to you Shimmer."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

"They're biting each other," L'nix noted while taking a slow step forward. "But... they don't look aggressive about it. Do they mostly communicate with their mouths, or do they speak like dragons do?" He was incredibly curious about the pair, curious and oh so fascinated. "They're beautiful... That brown looks like Slarkenth down to miniature."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

"It's not dissimilar to how runners nibble at each other. You also see a lot of grooming behaviours like you do in dragoons. But they don't speak verbally - well, they have noises but they communicate to us, and each other, through an assortment of emotions, images and body language. So if your firelizard is hungry, they'll amplify their feeling of hunger at you and accompany it with images of their favourite food. Usually the things you've told them recently that they're not allowed." There was a laugh to her voice as she held out her hand and the brown swooped easily to it at the command of Shimmer. "I'm rather partial to the browns myself - they're calm and stoic. Not as puffy as the bronzes."

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 7:07 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"They're biting each other," L'nix noted while taking a slow step forward. "But... they don't look aggressive about it. Do they mostly communicate with their mouths, or do they speak like dragons do?" He was incredibly curious about the pair, curious and oh so fascinated. "They're beautiful... That brown looks like Slarkenth down to miniature."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

L'nix actually chuckled at that, finding the image endearing. He watched the brown glide oh so gracefully and found it appealing. "What about greens? Are they as tempermental as green dragons? And will her proddiness affect me? I wouldn't imagine it would be that strong if so since they're, you know, tiny."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

"Oh goodness me, no. Firelizard rising isn't even remotely like dragonlust in any way shape or form. With golds it's a bit stronger but even then you're only going to find yourself perhaps making an inappropriate remark or realising you're being a bit more flirtatious than you might normally be. You're not going to be overwhelmed with any sort of need. Green is green, there's no escaping that but we have worked very hard to make our greens significantly more intelligent than their wild cousins." Giselle had answered this particular question many times before.

On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 2:33 AM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
L'nix actually chuckled at that, finding the image endearing. He watched the brown glide oh so gracefully and found it appealing. "What about greens? Are they as tempermental as green dragons? And will her proddiness affect me? I wouldn't imagine it would be that strong if so since they're, you know, tiny."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

After a bit more thinking, eyes moving between the two firelizards and talking to his dragon, L'nix nodded. "Right. Slarkenth and I think that a green would be good for me. Honestly, that one you've got there is just so pretty, my eye is drawn to her. Are you able to tell which egg might be green, or is it a guess like with dragons?"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

The green in question, preened and whistled prettily, fluttering her wings as she settled. She was so terribly excited! Her delighted glee seemed to ripple from her. Giselle had chuckled at her antics before turning back to L'nix. "Greens are definitely perhaps the  most expressive, they'll always come and happily tell you all about their day and then want to know all about yours. And as for eggs, we've gotten exceptionally good at determining which colour is most likely to come out over the Turns, Occasionally we're surprised but it's not often."

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 4:14 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
After a bit more thinking, eyes moving between the two firelizards and talking to his dragon, L'nix nodded. "Right. Slarkenth and I think that a green would be good for me. Honestly, that one you've got there is just so pretty, my eye is drawn to her. Are you able to tell which egg might be green, or is it a guess like with dragons?"
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Recluso#6042 on Discord

Ren

That cinched it. "Alright, they're perfect then. You know that, don't you?" The last was directed at the example green. "I adore my brown and this one seems like a fine lad, but the green is displaying exactly the qualities that I'm looking for. So then please, Lady Giselle, I'd like to purchase a green egg." Excitement flowed through L'nix that flooded over to Slarkenth and made the brown hum in eagerness.
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Nutmeg

"Come on over here then to our green tray." Giselle smiled at him and gestured he followed her. "So we can generally get a pretty good guess on what will hatch but sometimes we're wrong and what you end up with is a smaller version of the next colour. So you won't get a brown or a bronze but it's also possible that you might get a blue and not a green."