Topics

(Frost Fayre) What is that? {Xy'lan, M'nom}

Kouga

Xy'lan mentally waved off the grumbling in the back of her mind
offering the still growing green a mental version of sticking out her
tongue before grinning. Bandi really /did/ make it too easy to mess
with her, if the green was just a bit more fun she wouldn't mess with
her so much, but nope! Even just calling her Bandi instead of Bandiuth
did it and it was too funny! Still she could have that fun back home,
for now she was here to enjoy the Fayre, even if it was cold.

It took a bit of wondering around before she finally found something
that caught her eye. Well ok she would like something for Zababuz the
canine was getting older and she wasn't sure how much longer she would
have him with her. But the sad thing was she doubted she would find
much for him here or any other animals in reality. I mean sure there
would probably be /someone/ selling flit eggs she was sure, (though
this was based on being born and raised south where there was always
one at a gather) but when she could get them for free back home? Why
spend marks so nope that was a no.

'Lan followed her nose to the food deciding to find out what was
around there for now, but paused when she spotted someone handing out
bowls that looked like snow, or half like snow? Either way she wasn't
sure and made her way over to the man cocking her head at his stall
for a moment before finally just asking when he finished with the
person he was helping "Ok what is it?"

Uooji blinked at the sudden words and considered just ignoring the
girl for a moment and her rudeness, but spotted the knots and realized
why. He hadn't been at this long and had only been here north so she
probably wouldn't know him. Still no need for her to be rude.
"Flavored snow." he offered unable to help his slightly short tone.

Xy'lan blinked at the tone before realizing how she probably came off
at her question and offered him a grin "Sorry. I just..." she drifted
off looking at the retreating form with the bowl "..it was really
interesting looking." she offered in slight embarrassment. The man
stared at her for a moment causing her to shift a bit where she stood,
suddenly feeling like she was being watched and judged by the WLMs
before he nodded his acceptance. She offered him a grin before looking
back at the things in his stall again "So flavored snow?"

ooc: hope this works!

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Aaron

Xy'lan blinked at the tone before realizing how she probably came off
at her question and offered him a grin "Sorry. I just..." she drifted
off looking at the retreating form with the bowl "..it was really
interesting looking." she offered in slight embarrassment. The man
stared at her for a moment causing her to shift a bit where she stood,
suddenly feeling like she was being watched and judged by the WLMs
before he nodded his acceptance. She offered him a grin before looking
back at the things in his stall again "So flavored snow?"

M'nom had been poking around the food and refreshment stalls for a while. He had already had some hot chocolate – too hot, it seemed, as now he was sweating inside his heavy coat.

The thought of flavored snow seemed intriguing as a remedy. That would certainly cool him down.

"What's the best flavor?" he chimed in. He smiled at Xy'lan as he joined the pair at the stall.

Kouga

M'nom had been poking around the food and refreshment stalls for a while. He had already had some hot chocolate – too hot, it seemed, as now he was sweating inside his heavy coat.
The thought of flavored snow seemed intriguing as a remedy. That would
certainly cool him down.

"What's the best flavor?" he chimed in. He smiled at Xy'lan as he
joined the pair at the stall.<<

Xy'lan offered the older male a grin "Hey there." she greeted catching
the knots that said this was someone from home even if she couldn't
place him just off.

Uooji consdiered the girl for a moment before turning his attention to
the man "My favorie is the plums, but cherry seems to sell best." he
offerd.

Xy'lan cocked her head looking at the bowls pointing at the sort of
orangeish one "What flavor is that?" she questioned doubting based on
what she knew that it was either of those.

"That would be peach." the tradered offered.

"Ooh peach." ok the green weyrling had been intreagued before, but now
she was probably going to have to get some even if it was coldish out
and this was snow.

ooc: (moving OOC from post I made for him so we have hs flavors on
this post) Uooji is selling snowcones and rockcandy! This is only his
second big gather and if you saw him last turn he wasn't nearly as put
together oops... Currently he is selling:

Snow flavored with either: Cherry, Plums, or Peaches (1/4 mark for a
bowl, but if you bring him back his nice wooden bowl he'll give you
1/8 mark back those cost him marks and he wants them back...)
Frozen Syrup flavored with either: Lemon, Red Melon, or Redfruit (1/8
mark for a hand full of pieces that are about the size of a palm
wrapped in some cloth, yes he will let you mix and match flavors if
you ask)

Fruits/berries for his flavors pulled from a list found only of things
mentioned in the books so hopefully all is right. He'll get
more/different flavors as he gets more marks to spend.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Aaron

Xy'lan cocked her head looking at the bowls pointing at the sort of
orangeish one "What flavor is that?" she questioned doubting based on
what she knew that it was either of those.

"That would be peach." the tradered offered.

"Ooh peach." ok the green weyrling had been intreagued before, but now
she was probably going to have to get some even if it was coldish out
and this was snow.

M'nom smiled at Xy'lan and then at Uooji.

"Can I get you a peach?" he offered the young woman. "My treat."

He had good luck buying food for women in the past...

Kouga

M'nom smiled at Xy'lan and then at Uooji.
"Can I get you a peach?" he offered the young woman. "My treat."

He had good luck buying food for women in the past...<<

Xy'lan blinked at M'nom once before offering him a grin "Sure." Who
was she to turn down free stuff? Especially free food! At least she
thought this counted as food even if it was cold food. "Probably going
to regrat this in all this cold later, but still it's peach." she
offered. "What about you though? Are you going to get something to try
yourself or have you tried it before?"

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Aaron

Xy'lan blinked at M'nom once before offering him a grin "Sure." Who
was she to turn down free stuff? Especially free food! At least she
thought this counted as food even if it was cold food. "Probably going
to regrat this in all this cold later, but still it's peach." she
offered. "What about you though? Are you going to get something to try
yourself or have you tried it before?"

"I'll have the same," said M'nom, and he handed over the marks to the booth proprietor. "And if we get too cold, I'm sure we could find a place to warm up."