Topics

Every Party Needs A Wallflower Att: Andronda/D'cul

Ren

With how closely he had to watch his charges from the Midsummer Dreamers, it was rare for D'cul to actually get a minute to himself, let alone have time to go to a party. He'd heard of the Weyrwoman's celebration and had received permission to go after seeing to his four youngsters. The bronzerider was dressed in a light grey pantsuit with black trim and gold accents. His bronzerider knots stood out spectacularly against those colors, his AWLM knots blending with those to make quite the display, D'cul thought. His new jeweled beltknife, freshly sharpened, sat in its sheathe on his waist with its gorgeous glittery brown moonstone shining for anyone to see.

Walking the party with a coveted glass of red wine, D'cul saw the woman curled into her booth by herself and frowned in concern. He moved to approach, standing a bit outside of the booth from respect. It was then that he recognized her and he had to smile softly. Of course- a goldrider had just been attacked so naturally she would be upset. After all, it could have been her who had been the target instead of the Weyrwoman.

"Goldrider Andronda, might I join you tonight? I am Bronzerider D'cul of Seteieth, AWLM."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, C'fan (Fort), D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer), Ozfini (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jerzy Tobin

[...]

Andronda held off another sigh. She had just gotten her corner back
to herself, and someone else came striding in. Really, she should
have just stayed in her weyr. That was on her, though. Well, it was
on Nykantiath, and she could feel the gold's smugness through their
bond. If the gold was enjoying the attention of bronzes and browns,
then apparently her rider needed to be doing the same, whether she
actually felt like it or not.

"Of course, Bronzerider D'cul. I don't mind at all," Andronda said,
her voice light - as if she didn't actually mind at all. An outright
lie, but if the man was an AWLM, he wouldn't be spending too much time
at the party, anyways, so she doubted he'd spend all of his time with
her.

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Ren

"Thank you." D'cul at least had the grace to select a seat a distance from the woman that was both not too close and not too far away as to seem as though he were avoiding touching her. "How are you? I know our dragons have met, as Seteieth is fond of telling me about your gold, but we have not yet I don't think. Your accent places you... Telgari? Forgive me if that's rude."
--
Ren's Riders: Arialae, C'fan (Fort), D'cul (AWLM), F'liau, L'nel, L'nix, L'yall, N'met (DH), Ran'omi, R'vbor, S'dren, Talena (ACM), T'eko, T'mah, Vofali (Searchrider), W'rian, Zyreai (Healer), F'lo (FF Weyrling), V'riu (FF Weyrling), S'lion (MD Weyrling)

Ren's Crafters: Diagir (Whercraft), Reitz (Whercraft), Torinael (Healer), Ozfini (Healer)

Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jerzy Tobin

"Thank you." D'cul at least had the grace to select a seat a distance from the woman that was both not too close and not too far away as to seem as though he were avoiding touching her. "How are you? I know our dragons have met, as Seteieth is fond of telling me about your gold, but we have not yet I don't think. Your accent places you... Telgari? Forgive me if that's rude."
Andronda snorted; she couldn't help herself, even if that in and of
itself was also rude.

"Its not exactly a secret I came from Telgar," she said dryly. "And
Nykantiath has bespoken a number of bronze and browns, so I couldn't
say if she recalls him or not. But thank you for introducing
yourself, all the same."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

Ren

"That's fair," D'cul nodded even as he was rebuffed as such. "Better to be proper and cautious than overbearing and rude. Please, Goldrider, if my presence is rude, I'd rather begone. I mostly came over to check how you are after what happened at the dance. I'm not here to try to curry favor for when Nykantiath rises, just concered for you."
--
Are you afraid of the dark? Come play in the Shadow...

Jerzy Tobin

"That's fair," D'cul nodded even as he was rebuffed as such. "Better to be proper and cautious than overbearing and rude. Please, Goldrider, if my presence is rude, I'd rather begone. I mostly came over to check how you are after what happened at the dance. I'm not here to try to curry favor for when Nykantiath rises, just concered for you."
'You and every other bronze rider' Andronda thought silently, lips
tightening into a thin line. It wasn't his fault, she told herself.
And he may very well be honest in his motives, but... Well, Andronda
was far more accustomed to people like D'cul making nice to her to do
just that - curry favor. Her Weyrlingmaster and Weyrwoman had been
right in one regard for sure - when you rode a gold, you never could
really tell who was being nice to you because they were being nice, or
because they wanted something from you because you had a gold. If
anything, the fact that he was telling her that he wasn't looking for
favor only made her more certain that he probably *was* even if he
himself didn't realize it. Perhaps his bronze was putting pressure on
him; Nykantiath did that to her, so why couldn't a bronze to so to his
own rider as well?

"My apologies, D'cul. I don't mean to be so snappish. The heat, I
think, has gotten to me more than I would like to admit. I thank you
for your concern, but I assure you, I am fine."

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146