Topics

Crafting Time! (atten: Cremsden)

Steelsilver

Temeir hadn't been at the Weyr long, but he was, slowly, getting used to the work, and the schedules, though being asked to take on a Craft as well was another new experience, and he'd opted to try the Healercraft.

He was waiting, fidgeting a little, for someone to notice him.

Laura Walker

Cremsden had almost hurried past him before clocking that he was a new face and did not appear to be a patient. He stopped and backed up a few paces to verify that. "Here for treatment or Candidate hours?" It wasn't unknown for him to incorrectly assume the latter.

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 10:12 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
Temeir hadn't been at the Weyr long, but he was, slowly, getting used to the work, and the schedules, though being asked to take on a Craft as well was another new experience, and he'd opted to try the Healercraft.

He was waiting, fidgeting a little, for someone to notice him.

Steelsilver

"Candidate hours, sir." Temeir answered, taking in the man's knots and straightening up slightly, standing taller, and Volly, perched on his shoulder, did the same, chirping a greeting. "My name is Temeir, sir."

Laura Walker

"Ah. You new?" He smiled at her then and beckoned to her. "Come on through to my office. Your firelizard mind other firelizards?"

On Sun, Nov 1, 2020 at 10:41 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
"Candidate hours, sir." Temeir answered, taking in the man's knots and straightening up slightly, standing taller, and Volly, perched on his shoulder, did the same, chirping a greeting. "My name is Temeir, sir."

Steelsilver

Temeir shook his head. "No sir. Volly will behave." the Candidate promised, and the blue perched on his shoulder gave a chirp at his name. "He's good around other flits. And at taking messages. I trained him myself." he added proudly, following Cremsden when he was beckoned. "He's excited about all the dragons amd flits here."

Laura Walker

It was just as well the blue didn't mind firelizards because as it turned out Cremsden's office was full of them.

There were firelizards sprawled across the shelves and curled on the chairs. There was a firelizard lying in the middle of the floor where apparently it had fallen asleep. And there was a one-winged firelizard in the middle of the desk who opened his eyes to check the newcomer out.

"They like it here," Cremsden said, a touch of apology in his voice. "Mostly they don't bite. Chair, please," he added to the green on his chair and she reluctantly oozed from the comfortable seat to the floor.

On Tue, Nov 10, 2020 at 10:21 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
Temeir shook his head. "No sir. Volly will behave." the Candidate promised, and the blue perched on his shoulder gave a chirp at his name. "He's good around other flits. And at taking messages. I trained him myself." he added proudly, following Cremsden when he was beckoned. "He's excited about all the dragons amd flits here."

Steelsilver

"Oh wow." Temeir breathed, stopping just inside the doorway, eyes wide at the sight of the veritable horde of firelizards. "I don't think I've ever seen so many firelizards in one place." the boy added. "Are.. are they all yours?"

Volly, still perched on his shoulder, chirped an eager greeting, sitting up on his hind legs, wings spread to balance the blue, eyes whirling with interest.

Laura Walker

Cremsden laughed. "No, mostly just this fellow." He gestured to the firelizard on the desk. "The rest are-- well. Bitey gets lonely and he can't fly to them so he tends to call them to him. A couple I was meant to Impress and-- they seem to be his now. At least half are wild I think."

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 10:39 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
"Oh wow." Temeir breathed, stopping just inside the doorway, eyes wide at the sight of the veritable horde of firelizards. "I don't think I've ever seen so many firelizards in one place." the boy added. "Are.. are they all yours?"

Volly, still perched on his shoulder, chirped an eager greeting, sitting up on his hind legs, wings spread to balance the blue, eyes whirling with interest.

Steelsilver

Temeir nodded, slowly, and one hand came up to scritch Volly, who let out a warble of pleasure, and then chirped another greeting, this one to Bitey in particular. "I only have Volly, here. The Hold Harper gave him to me, well, his egg, on my eleventh nameday." he told Cremsden. "Do most people here have more than one firelizard? I saw a lot outside, and then there's these. Or are most of them wild?"

Laura Walker

"Well, there's a fair old amount," Cremsden agreed as Bitey muttered a welcome which interpreted something close to 'you can stay but I'm in charge, find somewhere to nap'. And then he squawked something of a command and suddenly every firelizard eye in the office was open, every firelizard was shouting at Cremsden to fill the foodbowl.

Cremsden was seemingly oblivious to what was being yelled at him, audible though it might have been to Volly. Still he reached out absent-mindedly to fill the bowl without looking around. "I didn't actually intend on having any. Bitey here's a wild one who got himself injured."

On Thu, Nov 12, 2020 at 11:40 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
Temeir nodded, slowly, and one hand came up to scritch Volly, who let out a warble of pleasure, and then chirped another greeting, this one to Bitey in particular. "I only have Volly, here. The Hold Harper gave him to me, well, his egg, on my eleventh nameday." he told Cremsden. "Do most people here have more than one firelizard? I saw a lot outside, and then there's these. Or are most of them wild?"

Steelsilver

Volly chirped once more, and then he was aloft, darting an excited circle around the room. FOOD! GLORIOUS FOOD!

"Volly! Behave!" Temeir chided, but then his attention was back on Cremsden, and he was nodding. "I want to try and Impress. Before anything else. But they said I needed to choose a Craft too, and Healers help everyone- just like dragonriders do."

Laura Walker

"Well. That might be a situation where you have to make a choice--" Cremsden said, and startled a little as Volly flashed by him. "Could you--"

But Bitey was grumbling a comment before he finished that request. Volly needed to come settle down and eat. This wasn't the place for getting over-excited.

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:34 AM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
Volly chirped once more, and then he was aloft, darting an excited circle around the room. FOOD! GLORIOUS FOOD!

"Volly! Behave!" Temeir chided, but then his attention was back on Cremsden, and he was nodding. "I want to try and Impress. Before anything else. But they said I needed to choose a Craft too, and Healers help everyone- just like dragonriders do."

Steelsilver

"Sorry! He just... he likes feeding time." Temeir apologized. "Volly, come here! Settle."

The blue obeyed, zipping back to his boy's shoulder to perch there, though his eyes still whirled excitement, and he chattered back at Bitey enthusiastically. Food was good!

Laura Walker

"It's fine. I just get nervy when they're around my ears." Cremsden rubbed his ear at the thought and once attention was drawn to it it became obvious his lobe had a sizable amount of scar tissue thickening it. "And I think it makes Bitey grumpy when they get lively."

Indeed, Bitey was issuing stern instructions that the younger blue should settle down and behave himself.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 11:13 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
"Sorry! He just... he likes feeding time." Temeir apologized. "Volly, come here! Settle."

The blue obeyed, zipping back to his boy's shoulder to perch there, though his eyes still whirled excitement, and he chattered back at Bitey enthusiastically. Food was good!

Steelsilver

"Sorry, sir." Temeir repeated, once more.

Volly, for his part, whistled apologetically, hunkered lower.

Laura Walker

"Eh, don't look so down, lad." That was addressed to the firelizard rather than the boy, and Cremsden offered a cautious hand with a treat on it -- the white interweaving of old scars over the fingers suggested he might have good reason to be cautious. "Go on, go make friends with the rest while your person and I have a chat."

On Sun, Nov 15, 2020 at 2:06 AM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
"Sorry, sir." Temeir repeated, once more.

Volly, for his part, whistled apologetically, hunkered lower.

Steelsilver

Volly, for not being the most intelligent of blues, understood a few things quite well. And foremost of those things was FOOD.

He took wing immediately, glided down to take the treat in both forepaws, before flying back to the desk and settling down, the treat disappearing rapidly.

"He won't bite, sir." Temeir blurted, just a tad too late.