Topics

Congratulations! atten: Delysia/Razelth/Kassia

sailyn2

It was a few days after Razelth's first flight and things were starting to settle down at the Weyr. Foreth was still sulking, but Kassia was excited for the pair. As soon as she knew she'd have some free time, she headed down to Delysia's office, Brogan at her side, and peaked her head in.

"Would you and Razelth care to have a picnic with me at the lake?" she asked.

mglady3@...

It was a few days after Razelth's first flight and things were starting to settle down at the Weyr. Foreth was still sulking, but Kassia was excited for the pair. As soon as she knew she'd have some free time, she headed down to Delysia's office, Brogan at her side, and peaked her head in.

"Would you and Razelth care to have a picnic with me at the lake?" she asked.

~~~~~~

 "You've caught me at a good time." Delysia admitted, as she rolled up the scroll that she'd been reading from. "I'm just about done going over the inventory of this quarter's tithe from the Weavers." She scrubbed a hand over her eyes. "Who knew that fabric came in so many different varieties." She commented wryly as she stood from her desk and came over to join Kassia at the door.

"Razelth says that she'll join us at the lake." She reported after a moment of mental concentration. "Did you have a particular spot in mind?"

sailyn2

"Sadly, I've been aware of that for years," Kassia replied with some sympathy. "I'll save you from that pain for a little while today, anyway."

The sympathy melted away for a friendly smile. "I'll have Foreth give the image of the right place and have her kick out anyone there so we can have some peace. It's over near the water fall." Kassia felt no guilt for sending anyone enjoying their time there away. Sometimes she just had to use the Weyrwoman's prerogative or she'd never get some personal time. Plus, though she'd never admit it to most people out loud, it was a chance to give the Queen an appropriate outlet for her more dominant, bossy tendencies. "Let's go pick up a picnic basket first."

mglady3@...

"Sadly, I've been aware of that for years," Kassia replied with some sympathy. "I'll save you from that pain for a little while today, anyway."

The sympathy melted away for a friendly smile. "I'll have Foreth give the image of the right place and have her kick out anyone there so we can have some peace. It's over near the water fall." Kassia felt no guilt for sending anyone enjoying their time there away. Sometimes she just had to use the Weyrwoman's prerogative or she'd never get some personal time. Plus, though she'd never admit it to most people out loud, it was a chance to give the Queen an appropriate outlet for her more dominant, bossy tendencies. "Let's go pick up a picnic basket first."
_._,_._,_

~~~~~

"Well, I find myself learning all sort of new and..." Interesting wasn't quite the word for it. "...varied things." Delysia replied dryly as she fell into step beside Kassia. "But yes, a picnic by the waterfall sounds just the thing." She added, with feeling. It was a popular spot, she knew. Being a goldrider did have a few nice perks.

The pair of guards who'd been on duty at the door fell into step behind the two goldriders, close enough to keep the women in sight, but far enough back to afford them a semblance of privacy. Delysia glanced thoughtfully at the bronze wher paddling along by Kassia's side. "You know - I've been considering getting a wher."

sailyn2

"You're welcome for the headache," Kassia said with a mixture of smugness of no longer having to do it and sympathy.

At Delysia's comment, Kassia too looked down at Brogan and then back to the younger woman. "You want one for a guard?"

mglady3@...

On Sun, Sep 30, 2018 at 7:53 AM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
"You're welcome for the headache," Kassia said with a mixture of smugness of no longer having to do it and sympathy.

At Delysia's comment, Kassia too looked down at Brogan and then back to the younger woman. "You want one for a guard?"
_._,_._,_

Delysia inclined her head in acknowledgement. "That's the idea. The guards do a fine job and they've been accommodating, as much as they can be, but..." She shrugged eloquently. "Every once in a while, it would be nice to be able to take a walk without being trailed by a pair of shadows." She glanced at the bronze wher again. "Isn't that why you got Brogan?"

sailyn2

"Partly," Kassia admitted. "Plus, it means a guard that I can have in my office or weyr or wherever and have privacy." Or at least she could when she didn't leave Brogan behind, which she'd been known to do. The guards, too. That wasn't the point. "If you're really interested, I can take you to Callamere and we can talk to Revai or Athesta. Do you have a color in mind?"

mglady3@...

"Partly," Kassia admitted. "Plus, it means a guard that I can have in my office or weyr or wherever and have privacy." Or at least she could when she didn't leave Brogan behind, which she'd been known to do. The guards, too. That wasn't the point. "If you're really interested, I can take you to Callamere and we can talk to Revai or Athesta. Do you have a color in mind?"
_._,_._,_
"I haven't really decided." Delysia replied thoughtfully. "Maybe...a brown? Something smart enough to be an effective guard, but not too high strung." She smiled ruefully. "I've already got all the high strung I could ever want."

As if to puncture her point, little gold Aoede chose that moment pop into existence in front of the two women. She chittered an indifferent greeting before gliding down to perch on Delysia's right shoulder.

sailyn2

Kassia noted the flit with a laugh. "I guess it's nice to have at least someone who doesn't care what my title is." She produced a treat from the pouch she kept on hand for Brogan's sake and held it out to the self-assured gold.

"A brown would be a good choice," she went on. "Less likely to set off Brogan, too." It was just a reality that the whers would be in close contact quite often. That the whers got along would be important.

mglady3@...

Aoede accepted the treat as if she thought it no more than her due, but afterwards unbent to enough to chirp her thanks.

"That's a fair point. Duly noted." Delysia replied, her eyes still on Brogan. "Any advice you can give on training or taking care of a wher?" She asked the older woman.

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 9:00 AM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
Kassia noted the flit with a laugh. "I guess it's nice to have at least someone who doesn't care what my title is." She produced a treat from the pouch she kept on hand for Brogan's sake and held it out to the self-assured gold.

"A brown would be a good choice," she went on. "Less likely to set off Brogan, too." It was just a reality that the whers would be in close contact quite often. That the whers got along would be important.

sailyn2

"Be firm, but fair," Kassia said. "You're hoping for a wher that isn't too sensitive, but not too strong-headed either. Too sensitive and you risk a wher who won't react properly or at the right time. A strong-headed wher can be harder to train and may push your buttons. Of course you don't get much choice if you Impress, though if you talk with Riv or Athesta, they should be able to point you to the right clutch. They know their whers. I'd also work closely with Athesta or one of her trusted trainers. I didn't  have much help and it was a lot of work. Take advantage of what you have."