Topics

Checking the Distance (attn: Borriga, Nevena)

Mya L. R.

There were normally Guards patrolling...well...most place in the Weyr, following pathes set to ensure the best protection for Weyrresidents.  Admittedly they didn't always walk in the exact same footsteps as the ones before them.  Nevena did her best sticking to them though.  She had a smile on her face, born from not having seen any potential problems in a while.  It was always nice having a quiet walk where people could see that there was someone who'd protect them nearby.

She wasn't that far from the Candidate Barracks when she caught sight of someone leaning against the Weyrwall.  His gaze was directed toward the sky, seeming like he was staring off into the distance.  Her own brown eyes followed his gaze, seeing dragons, sky, and more sky...nothing that'd indicate he was looking at anything in particular.

Still it wouldn't do to potentially overlook anything.  She adjusted her course wandering over somewhat closer to where he was leaning.  "You look like you've got a lot on your mind?"

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Kouga

[...]

Borri blinked at the sudden voice pulling his gaze from the sky he had
been staring blankly at. He hadn't meant to zone out like he had only
to stop for a few moments to think. There had been a lot happen in the
past couple of months. Well ok not alot for Arolos Weyr, but alot all
the same and he had just been wondering about it all. Between the
earthshake, the flight, and the hatching or rather half hatching since
only half the eggs had hatched it was just worth considering once
more. Realizing he had not been staring at the woman for a long moment
he offered her an apologetic grin "Sorry lost in thought." he
explained glancing up again as a dragon passed overhead "You ever
stop to wonder if you made the right choice?" he asked still
remembering how much it had taken him to get here and still wondering
if it had been the right thing even if he did want to be something.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Mya L. R.

On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 9:21 PM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
[...]

Nevena thought about the question, comparing it with how she'd been right after they'd all lost Farlith and Myrandith.  She'd not really been wondering whether she'd made the right choice about being a guard, she liked being a guard, but she'd not been too sure about where she was guarding.  "Not exactly.  I enjoy being around and able to protect people, but I've had to stop and consider where I'm guarding though.  Back at Ista."

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Kouga

Nevena thought about the question, comparing it with how she'd been right after they'd all lost Farlith and Myrandith. She'd not really been wondering whether she'd made the right choice about being a guard, she liked being a guard, but she'd not been too sure about where she was guarding. "Not exactly. I enjoy being around and able to protect people, but I've had to stop and consider where I'm guarding though. Back at Ista."<<
Borri gave a vague hum in reply as he considered her words. Maybe that
was the problem? He had originally come here to be a Harper, maybe it
was his how he was being one that was causing his contemplation? Could
be he supposed he hadn't actually intended to be a candidate, but well
after every hatching he had just kept telling himself 'one more try'
it was always just 'one more hatching' he hadn't actually been able to
get himself to leave. "I understand, Ista has had a lot happen at
times. But with everything that happens here you've never said the
same here?" he asked turning his attention back to her.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Mya L. R.

On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 10:20 AM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
Borri gave a vague hum in reply as he considered her words. Maybe that
was the problem? He had originally come here to be a Harper, maybe it
was his how he was being one that was causing his contemplation? Could
be he supposed he hadn't actually intended to be a candidate, but well
after every hatching he had just kept telling himself 'one more try'
it was always just 'one more hatching' he hadn't actually been able to
get himself to leave. "I understand, Ista has had a lot happen at
times. But with everything that happens here you've never said the
same here?" he asked turning his attention back to her.

"And how much of that could've probably been prevented by our Weyrleaders?"  Nevena questioned.  "I've got nothing against protecting people against disasters, but disasters that leaders are kind of involved in causing...  Apparently I got a bit of a problem with that."

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member Name: MyaL

Kouga

"And how much of that could've probably been prevented by our Weyrleaders?" Nevena questioned. "I've got nothing against protecting people against disasters, but disasters that leaders are kind of involved in causing... Apparently I got a bit of a problem with that."<<
"Honestly not sure, though I do get the feeling the rain of baby
dragons and eggs a couple of turns back could have somehow had
something to help it a bit, maybe just brought the eggs to someplace
not the wedding?" It was clear Borriga wasn't actually saying he was
sure that would have worked more just seemed like it was something
that could have been done. "But the question is why does it take
preventable things to make it a place harder to guard? Can things not
just get odd, crazy, or wrong enough for that to happen?" He had lived
south all his life but he had heard stories of Fort from before it
fell and knew that while there were preventable things there it had
all been normal until it wasn't. Had any of the guards there ever
thought it wasn't the place they wanted to guard? And he knew that
while it was all that was coming to mind that there had to be other
examples of things from other Weyrs or even the Holds and Halls.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

Mya L. R.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 11:05 AM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
[...]

"If the leadership doesn't try preventing it, or causes something that would get someone killed, why would I want to support them or guard them?"  Nevena explained.  "I just wasn't comfortable around the people I was to be guarding at Ista anymore.  Didn't know which ones I trusted to not be...well...not be horrid people, or people enabling problems.  Things like that."

Kouga

"If the leadership doesn't try preventing it, or causes something that would get someone killed, why would I want to support them or guard them?" Nevena explained. "I just wasn't comfortable around the people I was to be guarding at Ista anymore. Didn't know which ones I trusted to not be...well...not be horrid people, or people enabling problems. Things like that." <<
"Because it is home? Because it is what you know as normal?" The
candidate offered still thinking of Fort and the guards that had to
have been there before things happened or that even were there now
when things were happening that they may or may not approve of. "How
do you know who you can trust or if they are horrid when it is all you
have known? Does it not just become 'normal' then?" Borriga questioned
because he knew sometimes that he did wonder if all the things that
happened with Arolos Weyr were as 'normal' as he thought they were.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric