Topics

Can *you* help *me*? (ATTN: Nyzara, Tyne)

Jessica Freise

The mess of furs, clothing, and miscellaneous items that her beautiful Flare had used to try to nest in her office had brought something home to the Mindhealer. She needed help. She needed knowledge. She needed Tyne.

"Lady Tyne?" she called, pausing outside of the disused weyr that a Healer Apprentice had led her to.

Nutmeg

It certainly wasn't going to be done in a day, and probably not even a sevenday. But Tyne was spending as much time as she could working on the old recovery weyr that she had commandeered for the flit clinic. Wearing clothes she was happy to destroy and a scarf over her hair, Tyne hefted a large box to the ground, stopping to open it and finding another crate of empty numbweed jars that would need re-sterilising. At least she knew where they had been storing them. "In the back!" she called, looking up at the irritated chatter she noted from Bobbin, a flash of the Mindhealer through her thoughts. Oh, marvellous. This had better not been an "impromptu visit to check on you". She was far beyond that nonsense. But she was polite enough to take the woman's blindness into consideration and stepped out from the maze of boxes and towards the open front of what had been a wall. It had come down at some point and she was already discussing with the Woodcraft, about the installation of a large set of doors that would protect the front from weather damage as at the moment, the rain just blew right in.

"How can I help?"

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 5:22 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
The mess of furs, clothing, and miscellaneous items that her beautiful Flare had used to try to nest in her office had brought something home to the Mindhealer. She needed help. She needed knowledge. She needed Tyne.

"Lady Tyne?" she called, pausing outside of the disused weyr that a Healer Apprentice had led her to.

Recluso#6042 on Discord

"It's my gold, Flare," she explained. "She's almost ready to cluch and I'm looking for information on how and where I can direct her to clutch safely."

On Jun 4, 2020, at 4:22 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

OoC: As the gold is her eyes, I'm assuming she's with her.

IC: A quick glance at the gold told Tyne all she needed to know. The obviously gravid gold would likely be clutching any time now. "First clutch I presume," she remarked as she wiped off her hands with a rag. There was dust everywhere. "Have you seen her nesting about your weyr at all? If she's planning to clutch in your weyr, then she will have already claimed a nesting site. If not, then she's picked it elsewhere and you need to find out where." As much as Bobbin nearly always clutched with Tyne at her side, there was the odd occasion where the fussy creature decided that somewhere else was better. And was promptly ratted out by the rest of the fair so Tyne could recover the clutch. Well, at least this wasn't some attempt to follow up to what could fairly be described as disastrous meeting.

On Sat, Jun 6, 2020 at 6:54 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

The Mindhealer actually blushed. A hand rose to stroke the gold as she admitted, "She was found nesting with the silliest items in my office the other morning."

On Jun 9, 2020, at 5:17 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

"So it sounds as though she's picked your office. That's potentially not ideal as she might cause problems for any patients you see. Some golds can get very possessive and outright defensive, especially if it's their first clutch." Tyne's voice was matter of fact and she shrugged a little nonchalantly. "They all have their own quirks but it's about finding a balance. I imagine she's picked there because you're there a lot. But at least you know where it is and aren't expected to somehow navigate up a cliff face."

On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 11:10 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"You speak from experience? About the cliffface, I mean."

One hand stroked the gravid gold as she awaited the reserved woman's answer. It still bothered her that she had failed; no one had said as much, but she would; with Tyne.

On Jun 24, 2020, at 3:44 PM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

It was tempting to be a little snide in her reply at first, a defensive reflex from the knowledge that this woman was likely using her Mindhealing training to analyse and assess everything she said, every move she made. Even if it was through her firelizard's eyes. It wasn't Nyzara's fault. Tyne just... didn't trust Mindhealers not to use every opportunity to get into her head. "Yes, more than once. More so when she was younger and stubbornly determined to hide her eggs. These days, no. She knows that her eggs are safer with me than they are anywhere else."

On Sat, Jun 27, 2020 at 6:20 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"What's the best method to make sure she doesn't hide this clutch?" Nyzara queried, her face open, her eyes honest. She wanted, and wondered, if they'd ever be more than at delicate odd with one another.

On Jul 3, 2020, at 1:07 PM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

"Hah." The short exclamation escaped her before she had chance to contain it. "You can try and entice her by making small, secluded spots using boxes, piles of furs and the like. But she's gold. If she's going to go off somewhere, she's going off somewhere. All you can do is try and convince her in the meantime that you're the better option." Tyne didn't see any point in beating about the wherry. Golds had minds of their own and they knew it. Regardless of their size. Tyne's voice retained that matter of fact tone. She wasn't being cruel, just honest.

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 4:41 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

Nyzara read her voice, heard the honesty, nodded. A hand reached out, while the other stroked Flare.

"I'm greatful for your time with me and the silly questions you've answered. I truly appreciate it, Lady Tyne."

On Jul 17, 2020, at 11:26 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

"Nothing silly about it," Tyne said with a shrug. "In fact most people don't even bother to take things like it into consideration until it's too late to do anything about it." It was very obvious that here in this place that she felt safe, she was confident and forthright, the walls of suspicion tempered by buoyant pride. In many ways, she was a wholly different person. "The very fact that you've stopped to ask is a good thing. It means you're thinking about her safety."

On Fri, Jul 17, 2020 at 5:59 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"I love her and she is my world, both figuratively and literally," Nyzara said quietly. "I'd never want her hurt or uncomfortable or alone in this."

On Jul 25, 2020, at 5:03 AM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

"Well she's going to be uncomfortable," Tyne remarked with a short laugh. "She's going to be squeezing Faranth knows how many eggs through a very small hole. But on a serious  note, I would recommend you make sure you're spending time emphasising that places you'd be happier her clutching in are very safe, very secure places. She might take to the idea."

On Mon, Jul 27, 2020 at 5:38 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"I'll take care of here," the Mindhealer said, rubbing her gold gently between the eyes. She took in a nervous breath and asked quietly, "Is it normal to be nervous?"

On Jul 30, 2020, at 4:49 PM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

"First time? Absolutely. Shells, I still get a bit antsy when Bobbin is due. I dread to think what it'll be like when I'm juggling five gravid greens and a gold. Knowing my luck they'll all fly within a sevenday of each other." Luckily she had some time before the greens would start rising, but that in itself was going to be a nightmare. Well, at least she would have a tidy amount of eggs to make a profit of. She already had a few contacts in High Reaches who had expressed interest.

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 10:55 PM Jessica Freise <loriendarenya@...> wrote:
[...]

"I appreciate everything you've told me," Nyzara said, feeling that she should retreat now. She offered the other woman a smile, however, and blessed Faranth that she'd made it through the conversation.

On Aug 19, 2020, at 3:45 PM, Nutmeg <nutmeg.witch@...> wrote:

[...]

Tyne shrugged nonchalantly, "It's fine. It's what I'm here for." At least the conversation hadn't felt like a clumsy attempt to probe her head. And for that she was appreciative. At the end of the day she was still human, and most importantly she was a human trying to rebuild her life again. Not a pet project for someone's Master's knots.

OoC: Can end on yours if you like!