Topics

Camping Trip Greenflight!!: Into the Unknown ((Attn: Kinara/Arendelth, any chasers))

Rosiegirl

Before she’d left on the trip, she’d made sure to leave her green flit Alyss with Kiloka, so that if he needed to reach her (not having a flit himself) he’d be able to easily. But as soon as she’d heard the news from T’rif, Kinara had hurriedly gotten Arendelth reach and speak to Kiloka to find out if he and everyone were ok. And, to her huge relief, her Mate and daughter were totally fine even if they were both upset at what had happened. Relieved at that, then she’d registered the news that some of the eggs had been crushed, and that not only was the WW injured to an unknown extent but also Foreth and the clutch’s two sires. As she hung around on the edge of the grouping hugging herself, listening as questions were asked and answered, Kinara did her best to not begin crying for the lost eggs even though her sadness had flowed down her connection to Arendelth causing the green to huddle down to the ground, hug her tail around herself, and whimper in sadness.

She’d managed, barely, to hold her tears back until all the questions had been asked and they’d been told to go off and come to terms with what had happened so that they could be prepared to counsel and comfort the candidates in the morning. As she wandered off, moving numbly, she’d not gone to her tent. No, she’d gone over to where Arendelth lay curled up in the grass and began to let out her tears against her green’s neck as Kinara hugged her green.

Arendelth, who was sad herself, let out small whimpers as she felt her person shaking as Kinara cried against her. Arendelth was only whimpering and not full on keening for the lost eggs because Kinara had been very clear that the candidates were *not* to know about what had happened until the morning, so there could be no keening. The green tried to curl around the woman, lifting a wing as if to protect her and shield her from others eyes. But there was nothing else Arendelth could do to try and comfort her lifemate as she was so completely sad too about the eggs. How could two people who were sad comfort each other? The green didn’t know, normally her person’s Mate comforted her lifemate, but he *wasn’t here* and Arendelth knew Kinara well enough that she would not go and seek comfort from another person.

While Arendelth pondered her dilemma, still trying her best to comfort Kinara, Kinara was sunk deep in her emotions which were, for some reason, hitting her much harder than she thought they should be (deep in the back of her mind where logic had been shoved). And while she cried, all she was able to manage thought-wise, aside from how horrible it was that Foreth had lost some of her babies, was that she so *desperately* wished that Kiloka was there to put his arms around her and let her cry into his shoulder. All she wanted was him to be there for her, and Kinara was at the point of regretting having volunteered to chaperone because she just...just *needed* him.

Kinara’s emotional, tear-driven, ‘babies are dead’ need for Kiloka, her need for comfort that Arendelth was trying and unable to give her, the green’s own knowledge that her person *wouldn’t* be able to get comfort from someone else even though she needed it because her Mate wasn’t here, the green’s own want for comfort and someone large and warm to snuggle against her, the pair of them just feeling *so deeply alone* in their sadness...the whole horrid situation itself was ‘A Perfect Storm’ (trademarked) for the green dragon who absolutely *hated* to feel alone to push herself into the *ONE* thing she could think to do that would solve both her and her person’s ‘alone and need comfort’ problem. She would Fly!

Kinara felt the sudden determination and emotional flip of her green like a punch to her gut. Gasping as she pulled her head up, tears still shining on her cheeks, Kinara’s first shocked sight was of the bright cheery green hide of Arendelth’s neck fully glowing. With a first horrified exclamation of “No!” Kinara’s eyes swung to look toward her green’s head. Arendelth, who’d turned her head to look at Kinara with eyes whirling fast with a mix of lusty purple and red of extreme grief and being ready to rise.

Stepping back as if putting distance between her and her green would help Kinara to reason her green out of Flying, she also stammered out a horrified “Arendelth?! What the Shells are you doing?! You’re...you’re not supposed to Rise now! You just Flew at the beginning of this month! And Kiloka, he’s not even here! You *CANT* Fly now!!” Trying to keep her voice level as she quite reasonably attempted to chastise Arendelth into **STAYING ON THE GROUND**, Kinara was not the least bit successful and with every word she spoke her her voice rose so any other riders who might be nearby, by the end of her talking, would probably know *exactly* what she was talking about.

Arendelth just watched her person stumble back, letting Kinara’s words wash over her, just sent back {{I’m alone, you’re alone, we’re both sad and need comfort. I’m going to fix that, get us comfort and not alone. Alone is *bad*, especially right now. We will *not* be alone tonight!}} With that, Kinara had stumbled back enough that the green was sure she could move without bumping her person and took a couple extra steps away from Kinara just to be safe.

Even as Arendelth heard Kinara stammering, still trying to hold her green back from Flying even though she’d never before even *needed* to try holding her green back, the now glowing green raised her wings wide as she reared back her head and gave the *loudest* bugle she could while at the same time her mindvoice rang out in challenge {{I need you! *WE* need you! We will *not* be alone tonight! Follow me into the unknown!!}}

And with those words still ringing, Kinara still trying to get her green to just *not* Fly, Arendelth’s muscles bunched under her and with a powerful downsweep of her wings the green was shooting up into the air, bugling her challenge to the males who were *her* suitors once again!

As Arendelth shot up into the sky, Kinara’s head turned up and her gaze followed her green for several horrified moments, still not even believing this was happening! But, the powerful waves of feeling from her green pouring over her so that she was beginning to feel even hotter than she’d felt when working earlier today assured her that this wasn’t just a horrible nightmare, it was really happening…

Swallowing hard, with red swollen eyes from crying and tear tracks still fresh on her cheeks, Kinara turned around with wide eyes and spotted whichever rider (or riders) *might* happen to be gathering around from Kinara’s first near yelling attempt to keep her green on the ground. Her first words to those who might approach would be a stammered, flustered, *totally* unprepared “I’m sorry!...I’m so, so sorry! She wasn’t supposed to, not tonight. She literally Flew at the beginning of the month! I’m sorry, she’s normally so regular, every 10 sevendays! I just..she wasn’t supposed to! Not now….not with this having happened!”

Kinara, who’d always been *so* careful keeping track of Arendelth flights so that *she* could prepare herself for the Flight, not just the proddyness but the *actual* Flight and ending up in bed with someone who couldn’t always be her Mate Kiloka, was...totally unprepared for this! Her arms were wrapped tight around her chest, hugging herself and even more conscious of the fact that under her shirt and pants were *nothing* due to her spur of the moment bath and clumsiness in dropping her clean underthings in the water. Her hair, which had been nearly soaked at the meeting hadn’t dried very much and still hung there not having had a chance to brush or do anything with it, the horrible news sweeping it from her mind entirely.

[...]

Traynth hadn't even paused to yell to his rider. Traynth never did. Traynth went from curled miserably in a heap to forgetting entirely that he was grieving in his rush to chase the green. Like rider, like dragon and Bl'by had always viewed 'I need something to distract me from what my head wants to think' as a fair solution. Without this, he would likely have been making quiet moves towards N'yx over the next couple of hours, or if he was otherwise occupied anyone who looked willing. B'by had never been particularly picky when he came to matters like that.

But a greenflight? Well, at least it took away an element of having to make decisions.

"Hey, it's fine. It's a flight is all. Not the best night for being lonely anyway," he said reassuringly, his own anxiety abruptly swept away with the sudden rush of must fly, must catch from Traynth. Traynth had always been very focused and it was difficult to feel worry when your body was suddenly anticipating getting laid at some point in the very near future. Without meaning to his gaze flicked over her appreciatively for a moment - very appreciatively when it came to the obvious lack of anything under her shirt -  before he forced his eyes away to glance over those present. Were there still Candidates about? Bad place to be for anyone who didn't want to be mothed - or indeed just get an eyeful of undressed chaperones.

sailyn2

"Ah feck," T'rif cursed. What horrible timing. Half the Candidate staff would be caught in the flight and then they'd have no one to watch the Candidates. Not that any of them were.

((You do not chase,)) he told Kasheth firmly.

((Wasn't going to.)) The bronze was old enough that the need to chase wasn't as strong as before and this was not the right situation.

T'rif gave a breath of relief. At least he'd be around to pay attention. Eventually...

Tolfast heard the shouting with growing alarm, moving immediately in the direction of the gathering riders and their commotion. He couldn't hear a woman in distress and leave it uninvestigated! With a quick command to his canine to stay put watching over the Candidates and Tilly's leash left in his mouth with the confidence that Shep wouldn't let the small dragonkin out of his sight, he hastened to join the other adults. By the time he reached them, his bearded face was awash with worry - and the sight of Kinara's tear-streaked face didn't make him feel better. "What's going on here?" He asked, having missed the finer points of the greenrider's apologetic explanation. "Are you hurt? Is something wrong, lass?" His eyes darted between the other men as if looking for the cause, but surely none of them would have done anything untoward to her.

Laura Walker

In about five to ten minutes - maybe less depending how speedy this particular little green was - Bl'by knew he was going to be thinking about very little beyond whichever warm body he ended up next to. Not that this was something he minded; this was one of the enjoyable parts of flights.

But right now, he might be distracted and watching half of his mind race after a green but he was still awake and aware and capable of  thought. Tolfast was a friend. Not a Weyr friend, probably not a friend who had ever seen a flight all that much, and moreover a friend he had occasionally flirted vaguely at without ever getting a response in the same way he would absent-mindedly lean towards anyone happened to smile at him nicely.

Not that he would mind getting a response, but those things did not indicate someone who should be standing in..what was about to be a flightroom, albeit one surrounded by bushes.

"Tolfast, you need to get out of here." Unusually sharp for Bl'by, who normally would struggle to scold even his puppy, but this was a situation that was just screaming 'danger' for someone who didn't know what they were walking into.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 7:32 PM Ariel Rogers <ariel.aurora.rogers@...> wrote:
Tolfast heard the shouting with growing alarm, moving immediately in the direction of the gathering riders and their commotion. He couldn't hear a woman in distress and leave it uninvestigated! With a quick command to his canine to stay put watching over the Candidates and Tilly's leash left in his mouth with the confidence that Shep wouldn't let the small dragonkin out of his sight, he hastened to join the other adults. By the time he reached them, his bearded face was awash with worry - and the sight of Kinara's tear-streaked face didn't make him feel better. "What's going on here?" He asked, having missed the finer points of the greenrider's apologetic explanation. "Are you hurt? Is something wrong, lass?" His eyes darted between the other men as if looking for the cause, but surely none of them would have done anything untoward to her.

Steelsilver

Sixanth's head snapped up, and then the brown was winging his way after the rising green, utterly ignoring the other chasers- not that he thought a *blue* would be able to outfly him. ((Beautiful Arendelth, you will fly high and strong, and then I will be the one to catch you!))

K'sway blinked, his mind already partly with his dragon, taking advantage of the blue rider moving away to sidle towards Kinara more.

Steelsilver

Edited Post(permission from Rosiegirl)

Sixanth's head snapped up, and then the brown was winging his way after the rising green, utterly ignoring the other chasers- not that he thought a *blue* would be able to outfly him. ((Beautiful Arendelth, you will fly high and strong, and then I will be the one to catch you!))

K'sway blinked, his mind already partly with his dragon, taking advantage of the blue rider moving away to sidle towards Kinara more.
~
Panterath wasted no words, only joined the other blue and brown chasing the rising green, the blue pacing himself, holding back just slightly for the final moment.

((Mine. I chase.)) he told P'xian.

Rosiegirl

With Arendelth twisting herself higher into the air, luring her suitors higher even as she glanced back to examine those who had answered her challenging call, Kinara’s felt her green’s exuberance at the males seeking after her just as Kinara's body felt..nearly *crawling* with the sudden, desperate need flowing into her from Arendelth.

As the first rider to approach her was an older very tall and bulky man, someone who would intimidate a person even if they *didn’t* have either Kinara’s history or her current flustered and kinda unnerved state of mind, Kinara didn’t immediately recognize that she’d met him before when he’d been walking his adorable dog nor did his words register with her. So, as he approached her first reaction before she could stop herself was to take a couple steps back from him giving a shake of her head. Her hand came up, just a little as she couldn’t stop the small sounding plea of “Wait, please…” from escaping her lips despite trying to hold it back.

A handful of heartbeats later her flight-lust brain caught up and she recognized the nearly hulking (in her mind) rider as the nice, friendly one who she’d already met, and then heard his attempt at reassuring her. Swallowing hard, Kinara kept herself still despite keeping her arms crossed in front of her, and with that same small apologetic voice replied with “I tried...tried to convince her to wait. She *shouldn’t* be Flying now, it’s too soon...and...and it’s *here*. I just..” and here Kinara’s rambling shorted out as she saw Bl’by’s gaze rake down her body.

Seeing him looking at her so...candidly, caused a rise of conflicting emotions in the young woman. Kinara’s mind, still very much *her* despite the pull she felt to merge with Arendelth, instinctively wanted to pull away and protect herself as it screamed denials of ‘No, no, no! This shouldn’t be happening! Why would *she* do this to me without warning?!’ However, her body was already feeling getting the lust overflowing from Arendelth to her and had a different reaction. She pulled in a sharp breath as her back straightened abruptly, chest rising over her folded arms, and she practically felt heat following his eyes down her body. She even bit her lip to keep the whimper she felt in her throat from escaping. She was quite thankful when his eyes left her to scan their surroundings, as his eyes seemed to release her and give her leave to look around as well, which she gladly did. She was *not* (she told herself) going to rake her gaze over Bl’by like he did to her. She didn’t need to further examine his still kinda intimidatingly large frame...not if she was trying to get herself calm (well, as calm as she could be) after all.

Her eyes darting around the clearing caught sight of another approaching man, Tolfast, who was rushing over to her. She wasn’t quite aware enough to notice that he wasn’t sporting riders knots, her brain just making the assumption that he was another participant in Arendelth’s Flight. His questions, however, had her turning a confused look at Tolfast but before she could revert to her previous apologies Bl’by was snapping at the other man in a tone that had Kinara flinching back from the bluerider. Did he *already* feel that possessive and sure of winning the Flight that he was warning off the other rider?

Gulping a bit from his sharp tone and shooting Bl’by a hesitant glance, Kinara finally rambled out her apology to the newly arrived ‘rider’ Bl’by had just snapped at “I’m sorry Sir...she...my green. She’s Flying far too early, when she shouldn’t be.”

However, as soon as the words to Tolfast left her mouth Kinara had another rider moving close to her when Bl’by’s focused shifted to Tolfast and, like a frightened puppy, the woman backed away from K’sway so that he wasn’t in range of touching her with a sharp “Wait!” That was directed to both the young looking rider who’d moved close to her but also the rider who’d arrived who seemed to be closest to her own age. Kinara, arms still hugging around herself, moved to keep herself out of arm's reach of the riders beginning to gather around her.

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 3:57 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
Edited Post(permission from Rosiegirl)

Sixanth's head snapped up, and then the brown was winging his way after the rising green, utterly ignoring the other chasers- not that he thought a *blue* would be able to outfly him. ((Beautiful Arendelth, you will fly high and strong, and then I will be the one to catch you!))

K'sway blinked, his mind already partly with his dragon, taking advantage of the blue rider moving away to sidle towards Kinara more.
~
Panterath wasted no words, only joined the other blue and brown chasing the rising green, the blue pacing himself, holding back just slightly for the final moment.

((Mine. I chase.)) he told P'xian.

Kouga

Fly! Fly fly fly fly fly! Koetith heard, he felt, and he flew! She
called he answered! Lor'ci was confused and lost, his rider was never
meant to be lost! He would not let it stand and this? This would fix
it! They knew fly! He roared a challenge to the green following her
trail as quickly as his wings would let him. His rider was not so full
of emotion, they were both good at being less than that and the
turmoil in his rider meant he had to do something to help stabilize
Lor'ci. This was good and he would use it. It would be better if it
was his Lor'ci's favorite green, if it was Tambrath, but Tam was not
here and Arendelth was was pretty so they would fly!

Lor'ci was abruptly pulled from the downward spiral his thoughts were
trying to take by the sound of a rising green. They had only had two
with them and neither had seemed close so he couldn't help the abrupt
shift in his thoughts to 'What?'. He blinked, managing to follow
Kinara, catching part of her words part of her plea. She was as lost
as them it seemed and this was yet another thing that was not supposed
to happen apparently. He had prepared for a lot to happen here, but
not death and not a flight. It left him wrong footed, but it also let
him focus. He felt the pull of his blue, felt the rising lust and let
himself be pulled. He couldn't focus and while the wouldn't be his
choice of ways to fix things, it worked and it worked well. Or at
least it worked well for now. So Lor'ci let himself feel the burn in
his body and the wind on his wings even as he watched Kinara his mind
registering the changes in his wingmate and realizing she was not
pleased with this.

--------------

Get'ew had been rather slow on the uptake, he had been focused on
trying to organize his thoughts and trying to focus on his need to be
there for his wing, but Pengith had insisted they come to not think
about the wing. Apparently that included even if something went wrong
back home because the lust was crawling through him and he didn't like
it.

Pengith was large, strong, and knew how to get things done. Being a
leader may never have been what he wanted, but Get'ew had made them a
leader and he had made himself his rider's personal watcher. Get'ew
worked too hard, he remember a time they didn't when there had been a
green, but it was a long gone memory and one that didn't do anything
anymore for his rider. He had made Get'ew sign them up for this so
that he could force his rider to relax and he was again going to force
the issue. She was perfect and glowed so brightly! He didn't like
imposing on his rider like this, but he would make Get'ew listen to
him! {{Let us catch the skies together!}} he called out to her.

Get'ew knew he couldn't fight the brown, knew it wouldn't work out at
all for him, but there were times he wished he could. "I am sorry." He
offered Kinara trying to at least help with the look on her face. She
didn't appear to be any happier with this than he was, or rather with
the suddenness of it which is what really got to him. He was used to
flights, but well he didn't like them when they were so sudden and
during times they had other things to worry about. At least he could
say she wasn't one of his wing, but he wasn't sure if that made things
better or worse.

-----------

[[Hobath... Hobath...]] Rena had felt it the second it had started and
she immediately reached out to stop it "Hobath shard it all this is
not the time!" she yelled, but the blue was not listening. He wasn't
listening and the green was flying and then so was he. She hadn't
heard all of Kinara's words, but she had heard enough of her pleas and
seen the other female enough to know this was not right. Shard it all
she should have known, or rather had known it would been soon, but why
now?

Hoabth didn't care about the pleas of his rider. She was rising and he
would chase! {{Fly Arendelth! Fly so far and so high the winds can not
catch you! I will follow you all the way to that place and be there to
meet you!}} he promised. His wings carried him swiftly as he left the
ground following in her trail with a pleased rumble. {{I have seen you
fly beautiful Arendelth! I have seen your skill! I know you can take
us all on a great chase and never be caught unless you wanted to be.
Let me show you how great these wings are even when not flying to meet
thread!}}

Rena sadly found her pleading falling on a deaf dragon, he wasn't
listening to her and was already in the air. She forced herself to
follow the sound of Kinara's voice and get closer to the other female.
Kinara looked as distraught as Rena felt and she hated it for the
other girl, but well sadly nothing to be done now, but see how things
turn out. Her only good note was at least she had her bag with her if
anyone ended up with marks.

---------

Pensherth couldn't help lifting his head at the call of a green, it
was something to pay attention to, but he didn't move more than that
especially when Zuhelth shifted. He quickly nuzzled the little green
reassuringly {{I will not leave you Zuhelth.}} he promised her even as
he felt his Cosi debate on what to do. He shifted just a bit and
curled even more around the little green in his care throwing one
stubby wing over her to offer the most comfort he could.

Zuhelth eyed the larger green, she understood her feelings, but she
also had her blue here with her, her Pensherth and her V'jal had his
rider. She understood but was glad she had her blue instead of needing
to fly to escape the feelings. She crooned sadly to the blue curled
around her even as she knew her V'jal was debating. She knew hers
would like to go over and be with the males, but knew he didn't want
to do that to Pensherth's rider, she hoped the blue's rider could coax
him back over here with them soon.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 6:33 PM Rosiegirl <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:

[...]

((Not *yet*!)) Sixanth snapped at his rider, the brown holding his own, ignoring the sudden influx of late chasers as much as he did the other ones, except to snort his disdain. Why should any of them have bothered, if they couldn't be respectful enough to be on time? ((Wondrous Arendelth, beautiful Arendelth, I will be here to catch you!))

Panterath kept flapping, steadily, though the blue was working with the wind, saving his strength by gliding and catching every thermal he could. Soon enough he would act, and not before.

P'xian took a step back, though he didn't cede his position, only gave Kinara more space.

Hearing the abnormally sharp tone from Bl'by, Tolfast fixed him with a frown and a furrow of his brows. He knew the other man to be so soft-spoken and diminutive, the way he snapped gave the beastcrafter pause. "Leave? But I just.. got..." His voice trailed off, protests forgotten in the wind as Kinara herself began to address him.

Oh, did she ever look distraught. Had she not been very specific about warding them away from herself, about not letting anyone near, he would have felt compelled to put himself between them. Her explanation reached his ears and the key word finally made it through. "Oh! Oh, this is one of-- oh, shells." Color rivaling redfruit suffused his face as realization struck, his eyes wide when they next swept over the other men there. Though he lacked any real understanding of the process, he had *heard of Flights*, even if he had never truly experienced one himself.

Stepping backwards once automatically, the urge to help a woman in distress warred with the command he'd been given to exit. "Are.. are you sure? She'll be alright?" He asked Bl'by, the only one he truly trusted among the group. "This feels all sorts of wrong."

On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, 7:36 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
((Not *yet*!)) Sixanth snapped at his rider, the brown holding his own, ignoring the sudden influx of late chasers as much as he did the other ones, except to snort his disdain. Why should any of them have bothered, if they couldn't be respectful enough to be on time? ((Wondrous Arendelth, beautiful Arendelth, I will be here to catch you!))

Panterath kept flapping, steadily, though the blue was working with the wind, saving his strength by gliding and catching every thermal he could. Soon enough he would act, and not before.

P'xian took a step back, though he didn't cede his position, only gave Kinara more space.

Laura Walker

Difficult for Bl'by to make a fair estimation; flight lust had a way of changing how you saw things. Right now the woman in front of him (who was distressed, who at any other time he would step back from and stop to help) was being seen through the filter of a blue who was delightedly certain her green was teasing him and just staying that little bit out of reach for the play of it. Desire and dragon-want over-wrote much of what might be his usual concern; there was no need to be concerned, he knew that he and Traynth were gentle, Traynth was certain (always certain, every flight) that he would win, therefore he would be able to soothe that distress away and it would be fine.

But one thing wasn't being seen through that flight filter and that was Tolfast; resolutely human and far more vulnerable than he knew stood in a circle of flightlusty riders. Bl'by cursed quietly and made the effort to drag his mind away from his dragon's as he stepped towards him.

"You don't want to stay here." That was firm but gentler than his first warning, even if the hand he set on Tolfast's shoulder might be a mistake right now. Touch mid-flight had a way of inflaming certain desires even when it was usually a safe area. "Not safe for you." Never mind the woman, her green might well overwrite how she felt about the situation given a few more moments. Tolfast was unlikely to benefit from a similar effect.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 10:29 AM Ariel Rogers <ariel.aurora.rogers@...> wrote:
[...]

This was all very unsettling. If the situation wasn't safe for him, how could it be safe for the sobbing woman involved? The internal struggle played out across his face even as Bl'by conveyed the urgency of the circumstances. The hand on his shoulder settled it, and he nodded at the other man with one last glance at Kinara. It rankled to leave her behind, but this was clearly some traditional rider complexity that he just wouldn't understand.

"Well, shells," he answered full of skepticism, but granting Bl'by the benefit of the doubt, he wouldn't object further. "You're goin' to explain this to me later in a way that won't make me feel so sick to my stomach turnin' my back here, I hope." The frown he wore made clear how desperately his conscience needed this. He did, however, then step hastily away from the assembled group headed back toward the main camp with only a few furtive looks over his shoulder. Shards, this didn't sit well.

On Tue, Sep 1, 2020 at 1:57 AM Laura Walker <shewhoguards@...> wrote:
[...]

Alyx

Now Trometh, well he wasn't one that chased all the time. Something D'vik had always been a little relieved about. But this time, sensing the distress of his clutch mate. Trometh felt he must do what he was charged with and protect her from others, and possibly from herself. Within seconds of her launch, the large blue was in the air. He didn't waste much time in, what were to him pointless flatteries. He eyed the other chasers, and dismissed the other blues out of hand. He knew he was larger and had more stamina than they did. The brown got a good long look, but was ignored a moment later.

He simply wasn't important, only Arendelth was important. He flew as fast, and close as he dared. Saying to her simply.

(( I am here for you sister, if you need me.))

He was wasted on pointless flattery, but he was there for her nonetheless. He'd make no pretty speeches, he didn't need to. He was there, that's what mattered.

D'vik barely had a moment to register that something was Happening before Trometh was gone, he reached out to the large blue, and got the simple answer of ((I chase.))

D'vik was a man who rarely cursed, but this time, the unexpected brought it out of him. "Shards." He threw his shirt, which he'd just removed down on his bed, where Bubu, his baby wher immediately curled up with it. Turning to his flits, he devoutly hoped that Elon was up to watching both Fabio and the wher, at least for a while.

"All of you, Stay Here." Then he left his tent and joined the knot of people. Hearing Kinara's pleas and hurried explanations, his heart hurt for her, and being the protective type that he was, D'vik tried his best to angle his body close to hers but not in a way that would be intimidating. He knew from their weyrling days that she was a shy one.

"It's alright Kinara." D'vik ground out, his voice a bit more growly than was normal for him.

Rosiegirl

To Sixanth, Pengith, and then to Hobath’s comments to her, the green angled her wing slightly to shift toward each of the males in turn and give them a flirty little look over her wing, showing off the streak of paler green hide as she did so. Sixanth’s compliment along with his overconfident statement earned the young brown a snort of amusement at his presumption as she said to him {{Of course I will Fly high and strong. Love is not fragile nor is it just beautiful, and neither am I! However, it remains to be seen if you will be the one Flying with me at the end, the one who actually catches me, brash Sixanth. But compliments are never unappreciated when offered.}}

Pengith, as she swing her head to examine the older brown who was so *very* large for a brown, earned him an appreciative look as he called out to her not with honeyed words and statements of catching her but instead of being ‘conquered’ his words were the idea that they could catch something together. Like equals, maybe? The green wondered if a brown that was so large could mean that. Rumbling in pleasure as she tilted a wing and swung slightly closer to him, giving the brown a little bit of hope, Arendelth queried the large brown with {{Do you mean catch the skies together, like equals, wise Pengilth?}}

As Hobath called out to her, Arendelth turned her gaze on her Wingmate as she once again gave a tilt of her wings to angle herself slightly toward him. His complimenting her, not just on her beauty but also her skill in flying that this blue had actually had occasion to experience during Threadfall, the green gave a happy trill to the blue and responded back {{Striking Hobath, yes I will choose. Follow me, Fly with me, Show Yourself and me the strength in your wings to Fly to the end.}} And with that, Arendelth gave another flirty twist of her head at the blue before she darted away to tease another one of her suitors.

The green glanced back, examining those who remained silent as she remembered a saying from her person...that it was the quiet ones you had to watch out for. She noticed the skill with which Panteranth was flying, the dappled look along his wings and side, his overall sleek look as he flew and with her own small and slender size she considered how well matched they would look. But then she turned to examine another potential mate, willing to bide her time and see if the sleek blue would be able to last with her.

As more riders joined the quartet already gathered close to her, and more dragons followed Arendelth’s green glowing form higher as she used any advantage she could to keep the distance between her and those following behind, Kinara kept her arms wrapped protectively around her as she moved around the area nervously and also keeping the riders at a distance. In the back of her mind, Kinara recognized a couple of her Wingmates joining those around her and there was a breath released in a rush as if she might just be able to relax now that she knew some of the riders around her more. But in the forefront of her mind was the need to keep them at bay, to keep out of reach, and that’s what she did. To Get’ew’s apology, Kinara gave a shake of her head saying back “No...no I’m sorry, for *her* doing this.”

When K’sway, who she’d been sharp with as he’d gotten too close, and the other riders kept their distance and gave her space, just as their dragons up in the air continued to follow hers, Kinara’s quick and flustered breathing slowed down just a bit as she began to rub her palms against her upper arms as if trying to smooth out the shivers of desire she was feeling from her green that made her tremble just a bit as she watched the gathered riders with wary eyes. But she could feel more of Arendelth overriding her wariness, her panic, just a bit more as Kinara’s breathing stabilized at the arrival of a couple of her Wingmates. They protected her during Fall, so surely they would protect her here, if needed.

With a bit more of Arendelth’s thoughts flowing into her, Kinara’s hazel eyes turned to the ‘rider’ Bl’by had previously snapped atas he spoke, registering his words but not understanding why he looked shocked...Surely his dragon had *told* him that he was chasing Arendelth, right? Why else would he be gathered with the rest of the potential suitors. And when he began backing away, not quite catching Tolfast’s words to Bl’by, and Arendelth realized someone was *leaving*, there was a surge of feelings from Arendelth of hurt and...and *outrage* that it seemed one of her suitors didn’t actually want her, hurt and outrage that was echoed on Kinara’s face as she stared at Tolfast. The Flying green gave a roar of outrage high up in the air, turning to look over her shoulder, to see if she could see one of *her* males dropping away so quickly from following her, but it didn’t look like any of them were...which confused the green just as much as her rider down on the ground.

And then Bl’by, whose lifemate had been the first to follow after Arendelth, the first to present himself to Kinara and try to comfort her, put a *hand* on the abandoner’s shoulder...all Kinara saw through the filter of her dragon was that one of *her* suitors was...was either running off another one, or...or the lusty green didn’t *know* what, but all she knew was that through her person’s eyes it looked as if *she* was not the focus anymore. Arendelth, Flying high up in the air, should be the center of all her suitors attention, no one else...and the hand on someone else’s shoulder was a step too far for the green.

And so, just as Arendelth swung her head around to pin Traynth with a small growl, making sure the blue was still focused on her, that same soft, low growl echoed out of Kinara’s throat before she knew what was happening and there was a flash of...of possessiveness in her gaze as she watched Bl’by’s hand on Tolfast’s shoulder. As far as Arendelth was concerned, until *she* chose who she wanted, they were *all* hers and should focus only on her. And then...and then the ‘rider’ who was taking one of her suitor’s attention fled, and Kinara’s still red-rimmed eyes watched him as he left, but they were less wary than before with the possessive feelings she’d received from Arendelth.

Kinara, still just barely hanging on to herself, felt...more than a bit unsettled by the fierce possessive feeling she was getting from Arendelth and gave a brisk shake of her head as she rubbed at her face a moment. But, as she realized that moment of distraction could be the moment any one of those gathered could get to close Kinara’s head came abruptly back up to watch them all carefully. Now, however, her arms were no longer crossed in front of her but loose at her sides and her movements to keep the riders at bay which had looked much like a skittish runner were...not *quite* that anymore. Now, the movements were a bit smoother, a bit...just a little bit more teasing, as if they were heading toward sultry the more Kinara let herself connect with Arendelth.

She no longer looked or sounded quite so distressed as she was no longer murmuring apologies as riders gathered...but she didn’t quite look happy yet. More...more like she was calming down enough to be resigned to the early Flight, and whatever panic she might feel later for not getting a chance to be mentally prepared due to Arendelth just...just Flying when she shouldn't have...well, come what may. It’s not like she could stop whatever potential flashback reaction she might have...not at this point, not if all the preparation she’d done before and her past Flight experiences hadn’t helped her get to the point where it wouldn’t happen. She...she hoped it wouldn’t, but..at this point there was no help for it if it did and she would just have to cope.

Up in the air, as Arendelth finished getting Traynth’s attention with her small growl, when she did a smooth barrel roll in the other direction, glancing back only once to see if Traynth was still following her, she caught sight of a familiar blue in her chasers. Swinging her head toward Trometh, giving a happy rumble, the green responded with {{Brother Trometh, I need you...I need all of you, right now, just as mine needs all of yours for comfort from the sad. But soon...soon we’ll only need one. Until then, we need you all.}}

As another rider moved to join them, as if arriving specifically to fill the spot of the ‘rider’ who had fled earlier, all Kinara registered at first was a tanned, bare chest...a *very handsomely muscular* bared chest at that...and her breath caught in her throat at the sight. And then his voice, sounding just that touch growly as he spoke her name, had Kinara swallowing hard before she looked up from that chest...and up...and up. He should have been intimidating, would have been approaching her like this, if she hadn’t let more of Arendelth take over. She had just enough of her to recognize that the bluerider was one of the FeastCrashers, one of her class, and Kinara let out one more apology, one that was even more heartfelt than the others had been despite his reassurances, and stammered out “D’vik...oh..oh Shells...that’s right, you’re here too! I’m, oh gosh, I’m really sorry!”

But, even as she stammered out her apology and she noticed that he kept himself just as distant from her as the rest of the riders that she’d warned back, she couldn’t help that her gaze dropped back to his bare chest for a long moment before her eyes shifted to the other riders. Her red-rimmed hazel eyes, her cheeks flushed, her hands loose by her side revealing her bra-bandless chest as it rose and fell under her shirt. And, just as Arendelth began flowing through the air almost teasing each of her chasers, Kinara’s gaze turned teasing toward the riders surrounding her as she gave up the fight and let her green take over the last of the resistance she felt. She even began to sway not away but slightly closer to one rider after another...just as Arendelth wasn’t sure of her choice yet...

On Wed, Sep 2, 2020 at 9:15 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
[...]

"Not yours." Bl'by's voice was soft but firm and he shifted so that his large frame would block Kinara's view of the departing BeastCrafter. "Not for you, that one. Plenty of others."

He could free his mind now, release the vestiges of control that had held him in check, had let him touch Tolfast without kissing him (couldn't he have though, taken him by both shoulders and not just one, kissed him until he wasn't thinking so much that he could look so worried any more). Easier to let go of that now, better to fly.

And, grounded from Fall, this was the best way to fly. Traynth's lungs had none of the problems of his rider's, no gasping wheezes if he pushed his strength too far. His lungs were large and clear, and the air far above the riders was sweet and cold. They danced in the air and Bl'by could feel it again; the joy of a body that responded to what he told it to do, that could race as fast as he willed it to, turning sharp breakneck turns in pursuit of the green ahead of him. Little stamina perhaps, but who needed stamina for a green? Greens were small, and graceful, and speedy and Bl'by rocked on his feet as his mind followed his blue up and down and around in a dance where they never had to pause and gasp for breath and apologise for needing to stop.

It was flying, it was living and Traynth followed Arundelth with little possessiveness and all of the delight of a child playing a game, his swift changes in direction filled with the pleasure of 'see what I can do' and 'yes I can do that too!'. It was showing off, but showing off as much for his rider and his own self as the green in front of him, revelling in the feeling of pushing his body to its fullest extent.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 7:24 AM Rosiegirl <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:

[...]

Koetith didn't like speaking, it worked for him and Lor'ci rather
well. His rider was not big on chatter unless it had to do with
keeping others safe and he was the same. {{Fly high, fly fast!}} he
encourage Arendelth offering his wingmate feelings of encouragement
and images of the sky. He had long ago realized that Firelizards had
the best way to talk, they offer words when they were not what was
needed. It was the feeling and the images those words provided that
was needed. He had long ago decided that he preferred to speak as
Gentinds did and it was what he did most times too. He felt a shift in
the winds, a slight breeze, and shifted himself to catch the turmal he
had felt. He was careful as ever to work with the lift provided
instead of against it knowing that it would help with just that flying
higher and faster.

Lor'ci shifted a bit where he stood with the other male's riders. This
was not how he had seen this day going by any means, but if it was how
it was to be then so be it. Though he would be remembering to add this
to his list of things that had happened while the candidates were on a
trip. Why did these trips alway seem to have such issues? It really
would be better to just not do them anymore he thought. Though the
problem is he also thought the candidate kind of needed these trips
too. It really was one of those things he would have to consider
later, when he could properly focus. Right now he didn't have enough
mind to focus on that. He was too focused on watching Kinara, too
focused on seeing Arendelth through Koetith's eyes, too focused on the
burn rushing through them both. That was taking too much of his focus
to bother with much else right now and for right now that is also what
he needed to stop thinking about it all so he finally let the last of
those thoughts drift away and glanced around at the other riders gaze
seeing but not seeing them even as Koetith offered a glance at the
other chasing males before focusing back on Arendelth.

--------

{{Of course lovely green one.}} Pengith agreed easily {{Leaders me
and mine may be, but we can only lead if others are willing to follow.
The only way others will follow is if we are aware they are just as
great as we are. I am large yes, it does mean I can fly longer, but I
do not have your speed I can not turn as fast as you. That means that
I will always need you green one, and I would hope you would always
accept me in return.}} he offered in explanation. It was what he had
learned with his rider during their turns as a Wingsecond. Sure he had
seen it before, but now it was always a thought on his mind. He was
large, but that didn't make him better, he needed the smaller dragons
especially the little greens to keep him safe just as he did his best
to keep them all safe. They were all needed and all equal and he would
not hide that these were his thoughts on it.

Get'ew nodded his understanding of Kinara's words "Do not be sorry,
they do what they must to make sure we take care of ourselves." it
took a moment to come up with the words, but he knew them to be the
truth. Pengith wanted him to forget his job for just a bit and when
things threatened it the brown used what he could to enforce the
'order'. While he was sure if they hadn't come it wouldn't have been a
flight, he was sure there would have been something the brown would
have found. Still it wasn't that he minded a flight, it wasn't that he
minded giving himself to Pengith and flying, it was the look on
Kinara's face and his thoughts that his wing and wingleader may need
him that did it.

Still as the moments passed Kinara clearly was becoming less agitated
he let it pass through him as well. It really wouldn't do any good to
fight and all they could all do now go with things he supposed. So go
with things he would and he really didn't mind flights, but had a
feeling this one was going to not end up quite right one way or
another. Still if she needed protection, if she needed comfort, he
would do what he could for her.

----------------

Hobath offered a pleased rumble in return to his green wingmate {{I
will fly for you as long as I am able.}} he promised her wings working
hard to push him after Arendelth, to make sure he didn't lose her. He
had seen her fly and knew she was beautiful to watch in threadfall,
nearly as beautiful as she was now. {{Let the winds be your guide
beautiful green and show us how flying can be! My wings will always be
strong in defence and deference to you Atendelth! They are yours to
command.}} and for now as always he meant it. He didn't bother to
chase often, but when he did he gave his everything to it and to the
green. Though it certainly didn't hurt that this was his wingmate, a
green he already.

Rena found herself more able to relax and join Hobath despite
everything the more it looked like Kinara was actually relaxing. She
wasn't sure how well the other would cope once they weren't flying,
once they didn't have dragons to help distract them, but she reminded
herself again she had her kit just incase. It wouldn't have anything
for panicing or anything or the sort; but she had seen Kinara and
hoped that at the very least as a wingmate it could help if anything
went wrong because she really wasn't sure based on the other girl's
reaction if this was going to end up well after the fact.

Why did things like this keep happening? Not the flight of course, but
the attack on the hatching grounds. The worst part though was it
seemed to keep happening to Foreth and especially her gold eggs.

-----------------

V'jal had debated he had, and he could feel Zuhelth in the back of his
mind seeking the comfort he didn't know how to offer right now. His
mind was in too many places, there had been too much happen recently,
and he just had to let her be comforted by Pensherth for now. Right
now he needed comfort too and while he felt bad not turning to Cosi,
he knew the blue rider understood that sometimes he still needed to
try. He offered another glance at his weyrmate before he made his way
the last little bit to the other riders involved in the flight hoping
to try and catch someone once all was said and done.

ooc: yes 'Jal is playing moth just as an fyi if anyone wants to grab
him after the next post; same fer if anyone wants Rena though also fyi
probably gonna end up with her pregnant if someone does

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 2:24 AM Rosiegirl <rosiegirl872@...> wrote:

[...]

Kinara, well...being more Arendelth at this point, lifted her lips into a snarl as her gaze that had been watching the fleeing ‘rider’ was blocked by one of her suitors. And *then* he had the audacity to tell her *no*, that the fleeing ‘rider’ wasn’t hers...but he was her suitor...they were *all* hers. Hers to pick and choose the best of. So, as Bl’by stepped in her path, despite his soft but firm voice her hands curled up a little bit even as her lip did the same thing staring at him with possessive anger in her eyes.

Arendelth, glancing back at the blue Traynth who’s counterpart on the ground was causing so many problems, watched the agile blue seeming to dance behind her keeping up with her many dashes and turns, her twirls and barrel rolls. She noticed that, pleased at the capability of this suitor to be a possible match for her, and so this time she didn’t growl at him in the air.

But then Kinara/Arendelth lifted her chin and turned away from Bl’by to sway toward another rider stepping close to Lor’ci but not close enough for him to touch her quite yet. She drew his gaze with her movements, enjoying knowing he was watching her and wanting her just like his dragon counterpart was wanting Arendelth up in the sky.

As the green suddenly had images of the sky and feelings of encouragement in her mind, Arendelth turned to Koetith and gave him a trill of happiness at his words and images. Arendelth watched as Koetith skillfully used a small shift in the wind to put him just that much closer, and still wanting to keep things going just a *little* longer the green put on a small burst of speed to keep distance between her and Koetith.

When Get’ew spoke and drew her attention, Kinara/Arendelth left where she was standing by Lor’ci and drifted over toward the taller man, tilting her head to the side curiously at his words. She gave a pleased sound at his words before saying, sounding far away, “Well said, brown...Mine Needed, I Flew to Provide.”

Pengith, with his wise response to her query, drew Arendelth’s attention and her admiration at his gracious answer. The brown had even said he *needed* her, needed her speed and her agility. Arendelth, quite pleased with his saying outright that he needed her, tilted her wings toward him so that she could better admire him.

Kinara/Arendelth’s eyes glanced over Rena, teasingly walking over toward the other woman but continued to stay just out of reach with her movements that were slowly looking more and more fluid and less stilted. Her hands even drifted up once or twice to the buttons of her shirt as if tempted to undo a few of them, but then stopped just before her fingers could.

And then her other wingmate drew her attention with his flowing words, his promise to defend her. And to let him command her. But *she* didn’t really want to lead...she wanted someone strong to lean on, to be her support...to be her friend, but she didn’t want to lead them. She was only a green, after all. But, his other words had painted a beautiful picture to the green and so she showed her appreciation with a rumble of pleasure.

Arendelth was...getting tired. Flitting back and forth in the air, darting forward after letting one get close enough to think he stood a chance, then shooting to the side in a neat twist of her wings before diving with a small barrel roll only to spent time climbing up high again even though she sought out every warm thermal she could to boost her up higher. But even using every trick she knew, she could feel the weariness in her muscles beginning to tremble and she knew she’d have to pick soon from one of her suitors, those who hadn’t been left behind that is.

She was gravitating toward 3 specific blue dragons the most, her clutch brother or either of her wingmates as she was the most familiar with them. Arendelth flitted between them, studying their movements, their flying, seeing if any of them were abnormally tired. Trying to choose the *best* option for her and her lifemate, for what they needed tonight. Trying to outlast the burn in her muscles, she’d *just about* made her choice and banked her wings to head toward large and steady blue Trometh, when out of the corner of her eye she saw a *different* suitor, one the color of trees able to withstand windstorms and monsoons. Turning to look at brown Pengith, his impressive words fresh in her head, and suddenly in an agile twist of her wings that was...actually a bit painful as Arendelth jerked herself around, the glowing green headed straight toward Pengith with a simple {{You need me? And I accept you. Fly with me Pengith...be our steady shoulder, our rock...our tree in a storm.}} And the green embraced with the brown, tail twining with his.

Kinara/Arendelth, who’d been heading for D’vik at the same time her green had seemed to have made up her mind, reaching out a hand to her clutch-sibling...her weyrlinghood classmate. But, when Arendelth suddenly did that painful twist in the air a hiss of pain escaped Kinara’s lips as she flinched back...and then she froze as Arendelth twined her tail...not with Trometh but with...with a brown dragon instead. Turning, movements a bit more hesitant now than they had been before even though Arendelth had made her choice, Kinara/Arendelth turned her hazel gaze upon Get’ew. Without speaking she took the couple steps toward this unknown brownrider to put herself just within reach of him being able to embrace her slightly trembling small frame. Then, in a flash of Kinara breaking through so very briefly she pulled in a sudden breath and shot D’vik a glance over her shoulder as she nearly whispered the plea to her former classmate of “Please..stay too?”

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 10:52 AM Kouga <hanjikouga@...> wrote:
> [...]

>> "All of you, Stay Here." Then he left his tent and joined the knot of people. Hearing Kinara's pleas and hurried explanations, his heart hurt for her, and being the protective type that he was, D'vik tried his best to angle his body close to hers but not in a way that would be intimidating. He knew from their weyrling days that she was a shy one.
>>
>> "It's alright Kinara." D'vik ground out, his voice a bit more growly than was normal for him.
>> --
>>
>> Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, Lerian (candidates), Vayka (Healer), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM)

Alyx

High above, Trometh rumbled as he was not chosen. But he wasn't one to be a sore loser. He turned instead in a long low glide, giving himself plenty of time to cool off before landing, he chose to land in the surf, well away from the candidates.

On land, as the spell woven between D'vik and Trometh lessened, D'vik heard the plaintive note in her voice, the note of remembered fear. He could no more not respond to that than give up his dragon. He stepped forward without a word and lightly touched her shoulder, showing that even now, turns later that he would always be there when someone needed him.

Kouga

..[snip]..
[...]

Pengith followed the sparkling green twisting his way though some of
the blues who got just a bit closer than he would like, but unlike
them and the green he had stamana. He could in the end out last them
even if that wasn't what he prefered, but it was his advantage in his
size and he knew it. Still when she move towards one of the blues he
nearly let himself fall back in defeat, but then she wasn't caught and
she was calling to him! He reached out to take her shoulders tails
twined together and offered a pleased rumble. {{I will always need you
glorious green.}} He promised once more {{My wings will carry you and
yours can defend me. I will always be here to keep you from any
storm.}} it was something easy to agree to, and even if she wasn't in
his wing, he meant it.

Get'ew followed Kinara as she moved though the males the tension
finally leaving as she at least seemed to relax. There was still
tension, but it was the proper kind of flight tension and that he
could put to the back of his mind as something to not be worried
about. He watched her move, the part of him still him not in the least
bit entised, but Pengith made her perfect when all he saw was her
green.

He found himself tempted to try and pull closer to her, past a couple
of the others once or twice, but resisted no it wasn't how things were
done even if some part of him was eager to have things to an end. She
needed space and wasn't any more happy with this than some of them
were.

When her green drifted towards one of the blues he found himself
following Kinara as she moved closer to the blue's rider and his
fingers itched to reach out and take. It wasn't their place, he never
had and he never would. But then he realized in the same breath that
Pengith did that there was suddenly a green in his wings. Kinara
wasn't as attached to him as Arendelth was to Pengith, but she was
there. It took another breath to realize that the blue had stayed,
that she had asked him to stay. He felt the part of him still flying
with Pengith want to growl at that, she had chosen, was he not good
enough? She had rejected this blue for him! The part of him that was
him though ... didn't mind. His mind registered enough to realize
D'vik really was a rather handsome thing and that? Well that didn't
bother him in the least he quickly decided as he embraced his green
offering a kiss and waiting to see what the little blue would get up
to.

*Kouga*

unhealthy." - Varric