Topics

Another intro.

Jamie B <kyra_aerin@...>

OOC: Heck, if I knew we were supposed to start, I would have long ago. :)

IC:

Skylar circled her gold once around the bowl before Arianth spied a
spot she liked. {{I think right here would be nice, dear.}} Skylar
shrugged once and let her dragon land. [[You're the boss, lovely. Well,
for now.]] She flashed a grin as she dismounted, Arianth offering her
foreleg to keep her from falling. [[Thank you, dearest. I'm going to go
find someone to talk to, now...I really don't know this place that well
yet.]] Arianth was already dozing off in the warmth of the sun, and
answered sleepily. {{All right...I'll..well, I'll be here.}} Skylar
laughed and shook her head as she wandered off across the bowl, hoping she
encountered someone before she got lost. She brushed a few stray strands of
coppery hair away from her deep blue eyes and gazed around once she got
inside, her eyes slowly adjusting to the change in light.

~Skylar and Ari
-Jamie

Jamie B <kyra_aerin@...>

R`Tal stood up guiltily seeing the stranger, knowing he should be doing
something more useful.
*Silly.* his dragon chided gently, *Rubbing my eyeridges IS useful. Don`t
stop I`m enjoying it.*
*I should be working.And I have to check if shes okay. She looks bit
lost.*
*Awww..* But his rider was off striding towards the stranger. *Well, at
least check if SHES any good at rubbing eyeridges.* the dragon grumbled.
"Are you all right?" R`Tal asked, "You look a little lost."

~*~*~*~*~*~

Skylar spun around after hearing a masculine voice behind her. Her
cheeks colored a bit at his question...she hadn't realized she looked as
lost as she really was. "I'm fine...but I suppose I should admit that I
-am- a little lost. You see, I came here from High Reaches a day or two
ago, and I still can't find my way around the place.." She bit her bottom
lip lightly and bowed her head, her deep blue eyes downcast toward the
ground for a moment. After tucking a lock of hair behind one ear, the other
eye half covered by some more of the coppery locks, she raised her gaze only
to the man, studying him for a long moment.

She drew in a deep breath and decided she'd better introduce herself, so
she lifted her chin once again and offered her hand. "My name's Skylar. Up
there..." She pointed toward the ridge where Ari was sleeping.. "...is my
gold, Arianth. And by the way...can you take me to the goldrider's weyrs?
I'm not exactly sure where I should go, and I've got to get things at least
partly organized in there.." She flashed a rather sheepish smile at her
lack of organization, then shrugged lightly. "But before that, may I ask
who you are? I don't really know anyone."

~Skylar
-Jamie

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

Life without string is chaos.
(Mousehunt)

OOC: Heck, if I knew we were supposed to start, I would have long ago.
:)

[...]

"Wing Second R`Tal." he introduced himself, the name still feeling strange
to him. "And that back there is my beautiful if lazy brown Talith."
*I`m not lazy!* Talith sounded indignant. *Just because you persist in
attempting to work yourself to death is no reason for me to do so as well.
Or for that matter to let you do so.*
*I know dear one, I was kidding.*
*Oh.* Talith was appeased. *Thats all right then.*
R`Tal chuckled to himself for a second then glanced back at Skylar. "I`ll
take you up to the goldriders weyr then." he said, giving her a halfsmile.
"It`s not far but the place is easy to get lost in."
*I`ll wait here then.*
*Why don`t you go talk to Arianh? She might want to know something about
this place to.*
*Shes asleep.* his dragon informed him. *But if you`re not going to stay
here and rub my eyeridges for me I may as well.*
The dragon stretched before opening his wings to fly up. *Give Skylar my
greetings.*
*I will. And give her dragon mine.*
*Will do.* Another stretch and then talith rose in the air, strong wings
carrying him as he glided up to the ridge. R`Tal watched him, mesmorized for
a moment, forgetting Skylars presence, lost in the beauty of his dragon.
He shook himself, reminding himself that he had to pay more attention what
he had to be doing. "C`mon then." he said, rather roughly, a little shy.
"I`ll show you where it is."

Alba <Alba@...>

OOC: You think you got problems? I didn't know we were supposed to be
starting either, and I'm supposed to be list owner here......
I don't know. I'm ill for a day and you all start playing without me.....

BIC: Alba looked down at the beach from gold Toreth's back. It was a long
way from the Weyr, and they'd had to fly straight for most of the way. {{I
want to swim}} Toreth told Alba {{it's very hot and I'm thirsty}}. With
that, Toreth circled down and landed smartly on the beach. She held up her
foreleg for Alba to climb down, and once her rider was safely on the ground,
she half took off, half leapt into the sea, creating a huge wave of water.
[[Careful dear. You'll get me wet with all that splashing]]. As soon as
Toreth had finished splashing water with her wings, watching the small fish
in the water dart away, she looked towards Alba. Understanding what her
dragon wanted, the goldrider stepped into the water and started to scrub her
dragon's hide. [[It would help if there wasn't so much of you]].

Alba and Toreth

From: "Jamie B" <kyra_aerin@...>

[...]

Arolos Weyr - enjoy the sunshine, treasure the freedom.

Shortcut URL to this page:
http://www.onelist.com/community/ArolosWeyr

Jamie B <kyra_aerin@...>

[...]
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Skylar turned a bit to offer Talith a slight bow, then turned back to R'tal.
"A Wingsecond...nice to meet you. I'm glad there was someone around to
help me...or I'd be walking around the lower caverns, lost!" She laughed
softly and shook her head, coppery hair once again falling to shield one of
her eyes, and, once again, she pushed it back into its place behind her ear.

She waited patiently while he watched his dragon in awe, totally sympathetic
with the emotion. Jumping slightly at the tone of his voice, not expecting
the roughness, she hesitated for a moment before moving to follow him. Had
she done something wrong? No...probably not. She HOPED not...perhaps it
was just the anxiousness of meeting someone new? Again, hopefully. Shoving
all thoughts that she may have messed up out of her mind, she started after
R'tal, now simply thankful for his assistance.

OOC!!: Alba: Sorry, I wasn't sure if we were starting or not!

~Skylar
-Jamie

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

[...]

R`tal went along at a good pace, silent;y leading her to the weyr, not sure
how to start a conversation, and feeling awkward. Finally they reached the
weyr and he stepped back to allow her first entrance. "Here we are." he
said, "D`you need anything else?"

OOC Sorry Alba, didn`t realise we weren`t s`posed to start.

Jamie B <kyra_aerin@...>

R`tal went along at a good pace, silent;y leading her to the weyr, not sure
how to start a conversation, and feeling awkward. Finally they reached the
weyr and he stepped back to allow her first entrance. "Here we are." he
said, "D`you need anything else?"
~*~*~*~*~*~

Skylar, feeling awkward, tried to make conversation on the way to the weyrs.
"So how long have you been here at Arolos? Like I said..I've only been a
couple of days, not nearly long enough to learn where EVERYTHING is..."
Shards, she was a goldrider...wasn't she supposed to be good at talking to
other dragonriders? Maybe she just didn't have enough practice yet. Yes,
that might be it.

When the arrived at her weyr, she stepped in and smiled brightly. "Thanks
SO much! And...hmm. I guess that's it...I need to start getting things
straightened up in here, and I don't think you'd want to help with that,
hmm?" She smiled and shook her head, already knowing the answer to that
one.

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

When the arrived at her weyr, she stepped in and smiled brightly. "Thanks
SO much! And...hmm. I guess that's it...I need to start getting things
straightened up in here, and I don't think you'd want to help with that,
hmm?" She smiled and shook her head, already knowing the answer to that
one.
T`ral smiled awkwardly, giving her a slight nod. "If theres anything you
need doing?" he offered, uncertain how to help.

Talith meanwhile circled before landing next to Arianth. *Greetings.* he
said. *And my rider sends his welcome also. I`m supposed to be finding out
if there is anything you need as a sranger in the weyr, or if you want I can
just let you go back to sleep.*

Jamie B <kyra_aerin@...>

T`ral smiled awkwardly, giving her a slight nod. "If theres anything you
need doing?" he offered, uncertain how to help.

Talith meanwhile circled before landing next to Arianth. *Greetings.* he
said. *And my rider sends his welcome also. I`m supposed to be finding out
if there is anything you need as a sranger in the weyr, or if you want I
can
just let you go back to sleep.*
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Oh, shards, this was awkward...Skylar bit her lower lip and glanced around,
not wanting to seem rude by sending him away. But what could really be
done? Ah, the trunk...it DID need moving. She was saved!

"Well...if it's not too much trouble...that trunk sitting in the middle of
the room needs to be pushed up against the wall. Ari got it here for me,
but I can't move it by myself..."

Arianth raised her head to look at Talith, eyes whirling with pleasure at
the attention, however rider-induced it was. {{I think I'm all right as far
as doing things for me goes. I don't really want to go back to sleep,
either. But tell me a bit about the Weyr...where, for example, is the best
prey located? I might get hungry soon...}}

~Skylar and Arianth
-Jamie

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

Oh, shards, this was awkward...Skylar bit her lower lip and glanced
around,
not wanting to seem rude by sending him away. But what could really be
done? Ah, the trunk...it DID need moving. She was saved!

"Well...if it's not too much trouble...that trunk sitting in the middle of
the room needs to be pushed up against the wall. Ari got it here for me,
but I can't move it by myself..."
"Sure, I can do that." T`ral said, happy there was something he could do so
he didn`t seem as if he was just standing around useless."Which wall?"
"Hello," she greeted them, suddenly feeling like she was intruding.
"Hullo." T`ral said, looking flustered, feeling abruptly awkward again. He
liked this weyr, but all these new people he had to meet made him nervous.
He unconsciously ran his hands through his hair in an anxious gesture.
Probably something else he should say after that, but he had never known how
to start a conversation. Shards, what was he supposed to SAY?

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

Arianth raised her head to look at Talith, eyes whirling with pleasure at
the attention, however rider-induced it was. {{I think I'm all right as
far
as doing things for me goes. I don't really want to go back to sleep,
either. But tell me a bit about the Weyr...where, for example, is the
best
prey located? I might get hungry soon...}}
*Prey is over the east side, nice fat beasts.* Talith informed her settling
down comfortably. *I can show you if you want?*

Jamie B <kyra_aerin@...>

"Sure, I can do that." T`ral said, happy there was something he could do so
he didn`t seem as if he was just standing around useless."Which wall?"
"Hello," she greeted them, suddenly feeling like she was intruding.
"Hullo." T`ral said, looking flustered, feeling abruptly awkward again.
He
liked this weyr, but all these new people he had to meet made him nervous.
He unconsciously ran his hands through his hair in an anxious gesture.
Probably something else he should say after that, but he had never known
how
to start a conversation. Shards, what was he supposed to SAY?
~*~*~*~*~*~

"Umm...just the wall the bed is against. That should be out of the way
enough, don't you think?" She flashed another of her bright smiles, but
then her eyes became a bit distant as Ari's voice rang in her mind.
{{Someone's coming. I think it's Alba, one of the other queenriders.}}
[[Ooo, shards..this place is still a mess! Thanks, Ari.]] As she had been
talking to Ari, she didn't even notice that Alba had already arrived.

"Oh, goodness! Sorry...Ari was talking." She offered an apologetic smile
and stepped up to the woman, her hand outstretched. "I'm Skylar, rider of
gold Arianth. You're Alba, I assume?" She'd have to trust Ari on that
one...she hoped she was right. "This place is absolutely lovely..."

~Skylar and Ari
-Jamie

Alba <Alba@...>

From: "Jamie B" <kyra_aerin@...>

"Umm...just the wall the bed is against. That should be out of the way
enough, don't you think?" She flashed another of her bright smiles, but
then her eyes became a bit distant as Ari's voice rang in her mind.
{{Someone's coming. I think it's Alba, one of the other queenriders.}}
[[Ooo, shards..this place is still a mess! Thanks, Ari.]] As she had
been
talking to Ari, she didn't even notice that Alba had already arrived.

"Oh, goodness! Sorry...Ari was talking." She offered an apologetic smile
and stepped up to the woman, her hand outstretched. "I'm Skylar, rider of
gold Arianth. You're Alba, I assume?" She'd have to trust Ari on that
one...she hoped she was right. "This place is absolutely lovely..."

~Skylar and Ari
-Jamie
Alba took Skylar's hand and shook it. "Yes. Rider of gold Toreth. It is a
wonderful place isn't it? Whoever chose the location chose well. I just wish
we had more time to explore."
She looked around Skylar's room, noticing how it was certainly more
organised than her's was at the moment.

Alba and Toreth

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

Alba took Skylar's hand and shook it. "Yes. Rider of gold Toreth. It is a
wonderful place isn't it? Whoever chose the location chose well. I just
wish
we had more time to explore."
She looked around Skylar's room, noticing how it was certainly more
organised than her's was at the moment.
T`ral coughed a little uncomfortably, realising he didn`t fit in this place,
and not sure how to get out of it.
"I`ll, um, jut move it and go then, shall I?" he offered, rolling up his
sleeves. "Leave you ladies to it."

Jamie B <kyra_aerin@...>

Alba took Skylar's hand and shook it. "Yes. Rider of gold Toreth. It is a
wonderful place isn't it? Whoever chose the location chose well. I just
wish
we had more time to explore."
She looked around Skylar's room, noticing how it was certainly more
organised than her's was at the moment.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Skylar smiled and shook Alba's hand firmly. She nodded agreement as she
drew her hand back, taking a moment to glance quickly around her weyr.
"It's absolutely lovely! And refreshingly free of people who want to rule
my life..." She trailed off for a moment, then remembered she still had
people in her midst. No time to brood about overbearing parents now...and,
she reminded herself, no time to do it EVER. Too depressing.

"Why wouldn't we be able to explore? It seems...to me anyway...that we've
got all the time in the world right now!" She smiled once again, but
blinked and turned away as she heard a voice behind her. Flushing slightly
at forgetting that T'ral was there, she nodded her acknowledgement. "Thanks
so much...both for bringing me here and for moving that. I never could have
myself!" She stepped to him and touched his arm in a gesture of thanks,
then stepped back to look at both he and Alba.

~Skylar
-Jamie

Alba <Alba@...>

From: "Jamie B" <kyra_aerin@...>

[...]

"Well, I've been very busy over the last week just trying to find my way
around the Weyr. I managed to go a little way to the West today. There's
this most gorgeous beach...... But yes, we do have a lot more time here than
we did in the North."

Alba and Toreth.

"Laura Walker" <laura@...

[...]

T`ral flinched at the touch, slightly uncomfortable, but nodded at her.
"You`re welcome." he said, a little gruffly, before setting his back to the
chest and pushing it easily across the room.