Topics

And the Sun Falls atten: Kassia/Kodah/Healer

sailyn2

The world when black and a few minutes later came back into view as Kassia passed out and then roused. She couldn't stay awake. Her eyes started to close again.

((Mine, Mine!)) Foreth called, her head thrust as far forward as possible. She was allowing Kodah by now, but her panic was still hot in the air. She screamed when Kassia passed out once and then again.

Aaron

The world when black and a few minutes later came back into view as Kassia passed out and then roused. She couldn't stay awake. Her eyes started to close again.

((Mine, Mine!)) Foreth called, her head thrust as far forward as possible. She was allowing Kodah by now, but her panic was still hot in the air. She screamed when Kassia passed out once and then again.

Kodah lifted Kassia over and across his shoulders and carried her as quickly as he could toward the smaller of the two entrances to the Sands. He was not about to let the flailing, injured brown and bronze who guarded the larger entrance crush or otherwise bash Kassia.

[[Sniffit. You have to run ahead there – ]] Kodah showed him an image of the small entrance, [[and find a Healer.]] He counted his blessings that N'shen was not also still there in the makeshift office – he could not carry them both – and that if this had to happen, it happened on one of the rare occasions since they had begun to worry about the dragonets finding an affinity for him that Kassia let him have a shift guarding her.

**Sniffit finds help,** the brown wher promised, and he bounded off ahead of
Kodah.

"Kassia, I need you to stay with me, OK? Focus on the sound of my voice. Talk to me. How many weyrs are there in the North?"

sailyn2

Vayka had been having a fairly normal shift in the Infirmary, at least until Boom! Then shouting in her head which was fairly garbled as she didn't Hear well. But the urgency for healers came through just fine, without another thought she grabbed one of the healers go bags and ran for the Hatching grounds. It looked as if she'd beaten most of the hubbub thankfully, though she wasn't eager to try and pass angry dragons, well, one did what one had to.

"Healer! I'm a healer, let me through please!"

The guards noted her knots and after a moment let her through. Another guard directed her to the smaller side entrance.

Aaron

"Healer! I'm a healer, let me through please!"

The guards noted her knots and after a moment let her through. Another guard directed her to the smaller side entrance.

Kodah heard from Sniffit that he had found someone. But it was a different someone. Not the woman who approached then. A man.

No matter. There were not going to be too many Healers for this.

[[Bring that one, too,]] he sent to his wher while he carried Kassia to the Healer who had already arrived.

"Here!" he shouted as he walked as quickly as he could while minimizing how much he jostled Kassia. "The Weyrwoman is hurt!"

Alyx

Vayka coughed a little as she entered, waving smoke away from her face, but not letting it stop her at all. She didn't go too far in, as she saw a guard coming to Her. Thank Faranth for that. She waved an arm at the fella and shouted.

"Over hear! I'm a healer, how bad is she? Is she awake? Can we get Foreth calmed down before everyone panics?"

Aaron

Vayka coughed a little as she entered, waving smoke away from her face, but not letting it stop her at all. She didn't go too far in, as she saw a guard coming to Her. Thank Faranth for that. She waved an arm at the fella and shouted.

"Over hear! I'm a healer, how bad is she? Is she awake? Can we get Foreth calmed down before everyone panics?"

"She's in and out of consciousness," said Kodah as he gently laid Kassia down. "Foreth is barely holding it together; she's not going to calm down for anything less than someone convincing her Kassia is going to live." He was holding his voice steady, but there was an obvious tightness to it. He wanted that reassurance, too.

"My wher is bringing... or trying to bring some help. I don't know who it is. Someone he found running this way. Might be another Healer, might not."

Alyx

Thanks for stating the obvious Vayka thought, though for once she kept that behind her teeth.

"Alright let's get closer to the outside, less smoke." She stepped behind the man, and looked at Kassia. "Hey there wake up, can you wake for me?" She grabbed some smelling salts and waved them under her nose. Then to the guard. "Be careful, she's pregnant you know, can't jostle her too much."

sailyn2

Kassia was technically conscious, but she didn't want to keep her eyes open. The smoke wasn't helping with her breathing. If she kept her eyes closed, maybe it would all go away.

Distantly she could hear Foreth screaming and feel her at the back of her head, but it was hard to think too hard on anything.

Finally she opened her eyes and looked up at the healer. "Oww...." was all she could say.

Inwardly she found the energy to try to soothe Foreth, but the gold was still frantic. ((I'll...be okay, love.))

Alyx

Vayka knelt with Kassia, and very gently patted her non-broken arm.

"Easy, easy. I'm Vayka Weyrwoman, a healer. Can you talk to me a bit, tell me what hurts worst? Don't move your arm dear, oh my that doesn't look good at all." Not the best thing to say...but well that was Vayka.

Aaron

Finally she opened her eyes and looked up at the healer. "Oww...." was all she could say.

Inwardly she found the energy to try to soothe Foreth, but the gold was still frantic. ((I'll...be okay, love.))

Kodah was too relieved at hearing Kassia speak again once they had her all the way outside that he forgot to roll his eyes about knowing she was pregnant – of course, he knew she was pregnant...

"You're going to be OK, ma'am," he said. "You're here with me – it's Kodah. And a Healer. Can you see how many fingers I'm holding up?" Three. Open your eyes...

sailyn2

"Head...head hurts," she gasped. Tears squeezed out the corner of her eyes. It took a moment to take stock. To remember. "My arm... it hurts, but what about my baby!" She'd had two miscarriages before, one due to trauma, she couldn't do it again.

Alyx

Vayka very gently laid a hand on Kassia's belly andleft it there a moment. Feeling for movement. She didn't feel any contractions. So good on that so far.

"Your baby seems fine. Let's get you cleaned up a little, and we'll do everything we can to make it stay that way."

She poured some water onto clean rags and began softly cleaning the weyrwoman's face so she could check what exactly had been hurt, also taking note of her eyes for possible concussion.

Vicky Orman

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 8:57 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Vayka very gently laid a hand on Kassia's belly andleft it there a moment. Feeling for movement. She didn't feel any contractions. So good on that so far.

"Your baby seems fine. Let's get you cleaned up a little, and we'll do everything we can to make it stay that way."

She poured some water onto clean rags and began softly cleaning the weyrwoman's face so she could check what exactly had been hurt, also taking note of her eyes for possible concussion.

K'ren arrived at this pointed taking in the scene. Healer already here, good. "What's the situation? " he asked defering to the fact the other Healer would have had chance to do preliminary checks. He could at least contribute supplies from his extensive medical kit.

_._,_._,_

Alyx

"Broken arm for sure, I think she might have a concussion, belly movement seems to be on par with this stage of pregnancy, so I think we're lucky there. She's having some trouble staying awake, and her head hurts. Trying to clean away some of the dust and all to check for contusions."

All this said while still gently wiping away the worst of the grime.

Vicky Orman

K'ren nodded and shifted his attention to Kass herself; it was important she try and stay awake to try and prevent Foreth from panicking. "Kass? Kassia, it's K'ren...can you hear me?" He took her hand, as much for reassurance as Vayka cleaned checked her over for wounds.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 9:20 PM Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
"Broken arm for sure, I think she might have a concussion, belly movement seems to be on par with this stage of pregnancy, so I think we're lucky there. She's having some trouble staying awake, and her head hurts. Trying to clean away some of the dust and all to check for contusions."

All this said while still gently wiping away the worst of the grime.

sailyn2

K'ren was there. K'ren would save the day. For him she tried hard to keep her eyes open. She coughed even as she squeezed his hand and then cried out as her arm was jostled. She coughed again, some light smoke and dust inhalation from the attack creeping up.

"K'...K'ren..."

Vicky Orman

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 9:31 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
K'ren was there. K'ren would save the day. For him she tried hard to keep her eyes open. She coughed even as she squeezed his hand and then cried out as her arm was jostled. She coughed again, some light smoke and dust inhalation from the attack creeping up.

"K'...K'ren..."

"That's it Kass, we're here," K'ren encouraged. "Easy, easy...we'll get some numbing on the arm soon enough. We need to check you over. Try and stay awake. Is there anything else that hurts? Vayka is taking good care of your injuries and she needs to know if you hurt."

Laura Walker

And there was another Healer running up, Cremsden very reluctantly following the wher to where Kassia lay.

"Sir." For once the title wasn't him being passive aggressive. Some situations deserved a 'sir' "Anyone else injured?" Already he was glancing around, checking for anyone who might have been with her.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 9:31 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
K'ren was there. K'ren would save the day. For him she tried hard to keep her eyes open. She coughed even as she squeezed his hand and then cried out as her arm was jostled. She coughed again, some light smoke and dust inhalation from the attack creeping up.

sailyn2

She shook her head and immediately regretted it with the headache developing. "Please...make sure the baby...is okay." In the background Foreth had switched to keening which was no less ear piercing, but at least she wasn't panicking any more.

Alyx

"You poor dears. There we are, here, I've got an eye rinse so you can see better."

Seeing that the weyrwoman trusted K'ren a lot more than herself, she quietly handed it over to him. Then lightly ran her fingers over the weyrwoman's skull, checking for any obvious breaks and hoping not to find any.