Topics

A Queen's Panic and Heartbreak atten: Andronda/Foreth/ALL

sailyn2

Foreth tried to take stock. Hers was going to be taken care of. Now to think about the eggs. The eggs...Dread rushed through her and she carefully moved to see the eggs she'd been on, easier said than done with there other dragons in the Caverns. Tag turned back to panic and terror as she realized that some of the eggs had been smashed. Worse, now that she could think she could feel and remember where she'd...she'd...stepped on at least some, if not all of them.

She threw back her head and keened like she'd never keened before. The Caverns were deafening and the sound slipped from the Caverns.

All around the Weyr, dragons took up the sound until the air was filled with the heartbreak of a mother whose Hatchlings would never Hatch.

Steelsilver

The little ones! The Hatchlings! 

Sunstreath landed, short of the Caverns, and added his voice to the rising keening, the need to find the attacker eclipsed by the grief of what Foreth's keen meant. 

Elloryth, Lileth, and Travath on opposite sides of the Weyr all took up the keening note, adding their own individual voices to the grieving anguish. The death of dragons, even those unhatched, was a pain the entire Weyr shared. It mattered naught how it had happened nor where each of them came from, only that dragonkin had perished. Their kin. An unmistakable tragedy. 

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 11:55 AM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Foreth tried to take stock. Hers was going to be taken care of. Now to think about the eggs. The eggs...Dread rushed through her and she carefully moved to see the eggs she'd been on, easier said than done with there other dragons in the Caverns. Tag turned back to panic and terror as she realized that some of the eggs had been smashed. Worse, now that she could think she could feel and remember where she'd...she'd...stepped on at least some, if not all of them.

She threw back her head and keened like she'd never keened before. The Caverns were deafening and the sound slipped from the Caverns.

All around the Weyr, dragons took up the sound until the air was filled with the heartbreak of a mother whose Hatchlings would never Hatch.

Jerzy Tobin

Oh. *Oh.*

That grief was unbearable, and the sound had Andronda in tears
immediately. She felt it rush through her from Nykantiath - the eggs,
the gold said - some had been lost. The woman choked back a sob as
she finally reached the scene. She needed to help, somehow, but she
didn't know just what to do. Nothing in her training had really
prepared her for *this* sort of thing.

((Foreth?)) Nykantiath queried, voice soft and gentle. ((I'm here for
you, Foreth. I grieve with you.))

--
"Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the goal of arriving safely
in a prettily preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways in a
shower of gravel and party shards, thoroughly used, utterly exhausted,
and loudly proclaiming: "F*** ME, that Rocked!!" -unknown

Whizzy: Jerzy
Aim: Yue146

sailyn2

Now Foreth could hear her, but she was too caught up in her shattered heart to respond right away. The only consolation was that her two gold eggs weren't among the casualties. The sound of her grief was absolutely heart breaking.

((They...I...I...)) Foreth couldn't even finish the private sentence to Nykantiath.

Yvonne

From where they sat, trying not to add to the chaos, Selenyth and Nithroith lent their voices to the keen for the lost.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020, 4:00 PM Steelsilver <theglitteryone2@...> wrote:
The little ones! The Hatchlings! 

Sunstreath landed, short of the Caverns, and added his voice to the rising keening, the need to find the attacker eclipsed by the grief of what Foreth's keen meant. 

Aaron

Now Foreth could hear her, but she was too caught up in her shattered heart to respond right away. The only consolation was that her two gold eggs weren't among the casualties. The sound of her grief was absolutely heart breaking.

((They...I...I...)) Foreth couldn't even finish the private sentence to Nykantiath.

Truenoth had not known, not until Foreth did. He could not see... Still, he could see nothing. But even with the searing sorrow of the loss of their babies, he still had to comfort Foreth, their mother.

((You are not to blame. This was not your fault,)) he insisted firmly. If someone had *done* this, whoever it was, Truenoth would make certain they faced justice, whatever it took.

Jerzy Tobin

Nykantiath wrapped the gold in a mental hug. She had no words to
offer the grieving mother, only a strong mental shoulder to lean and
cry on, since she couldn't physically get into the caverns to offer a
real shoulder.

--

Steelsilver

((Foreth, I am here- and we are so, so sorry...)) Sunstreath called, the bronze unusually quiet even as he kept up his mourning keen. 

Sekerth, perched near Lileth, joined in as the green started to keen, the brown's eyes whirling in shock and sorrow. 

sailyn2

The keening stretched on and on. The equivalent of a human sobbing, only louder and shared by all of the nearby dragons.

((I'm...I'm sorry,)) she cried to Nykantiath, Talith, and Truenoth. The mental voice as broken as the howling keens.

Jerzy Tobin

The keening stretched on and on. The equivalent of a human sobbing, only louder and shared by all of the nearby dragons.

((I'm...I'm sorry,)) she cried to Nykantiath, Talith, and Truenoth. The mental voice as broken as the howling keens.
((Not your fault!)) Nykantiath insisted, crooning sadly. ((It's the
fault of whatever - whoever - caused this. You could not help what
has happened, Foreth dear. Truly, it is not your fault. We are all
here for you. We all grieve with you. We all feel for you. We
understand.))

--

Kouga

Having followed his rider to the caverns, but remind at a distance due
to the crowds Chateauperth joined in the voices morning the lost
hatchlings-to-be. It was not supposed to happen how could it be this
way? Even as he keened though he reached out to Foreth {{Foreth my
Kaji is a Healer of Dragons. Can he do anything to help the little?}}
The blue had to try, he had to offer the sun queen...

*Kouga*

Join the Aywas fun - http://aywas.com/register.php?ref=768

"My personality is 30% the last anime I watched." - Tumblr
"Remind me never to get out our bad side. It seems to be ...
unhealthy." - Varric
"Death By Apple Pie a lovely poem by our friend Cole" - Dorian

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 4:13 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

Aaron

((It is not your fault,)) Truenoth repeated. ((I am here. Talith is here.)) What more could he do but be there? He dared not move from where he was when all he could see was darkness.

sailyn2

The words just made her start keening hard.

((There's...there's nothing to be done.))

sailyn2

There was nothing that could be said at the moment to console the hurting Queen. Her lifemate was in a bad situation and some of her eggs were crushed, at least some of them by herself. She leaned into the mental voices of the sires and Nykantiath, taking rare comfort.

Laura Walker

The pain was in the needing to go to her (no amount of usual animosity would not have been over-written by what had just happened) and not daring to move. To move would be to threaten more eggs, and Talith dared not shift his feet even an inch without knowing where they lay on the Sands. He stretched his neck out blindly in the direction in which it felt as though Foreth should be in, seeking to comfort with touch without being sure of finding her.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2020 at 9:25 PM sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:
There was nothing that could be said at the moment to console the hurting Queen. Her lifemate was in a bad situation and some of her eggs were crushed, at least some of them by herself. She leaned into the mental voices of the sires and Nykantiath, taking rare comfort.

--

Blackadder: I mean, what about the people that do all the work?
Baldrick: The servants.
Blackadder: No, me; *I'm* the people who do all the work.

Kate Polsom

Hasdatath keened, sorrow filling him, ((Foreth, I grieve with you.)) He had had a clutch with her before. A long time before.