Topics

A lil chitchat never hurts a thing. (Vayka/Temeir)

Alyx

She'd just come on shift, and was getting ready for her rounds when one of the older apprentices wandered by saying they had a new candidate looking to join the healers, and that most of the other JM's were busy, would she mind terribly giving him the intro? Vayka nodded at the request, she always loved working with the new ones. They had so many questions and some of them were very Good questions. She told the apprentice to go ahead and send him to her there in the break room, she was mixing her klah when she heard a soft knock at the door as the older apprentice returned with the new lad and left him to shadow Vayka for the day.

"Well Hello there! Looking to join the healers here are we? Well it's a hard job sometimes, but it's worth it. Let's get you all suited up and you can follow me on my rounds today. I'm JM Vayka. You're lucky we've not had any, well major issues in the last bit. Though I highly suggest you steer clear of the Weyrwoman if she ends up here again. Lovely though she is, the Infirmary isn't her favorite place at all.  Not that I blame her, no one likes to be sick do they?"
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)

Steelsilver

"Hi, Journeywoman Vayka." Temeir greets respectfully, after a moment, blinking at the sudden deluge of words. "My name is Temeir. They said I had to pick a craft to work at while I'm a Candidate here, and I wanted to try being a Healer. They help everyone, and every Hold and Weyr need them. Is there a difference between Hold Healers and work in a Weyr? Do the dragons ever talk to you? No, I don't think being sick would be fun. The Weyrwoman comes in here? Is she sick?" Temeir wanted to know, following Vayka willingly over to scrub his hands clean. "Are flits allowed in here? I promise Volly won't be any trouble. I trained him good."

Volly, hearing his name, perked up on his human's shoulder, chittered a greeting to the Taller One.

Alyx

OOC: sorry it's taken me a bit

IC: She nodded happily her blonde hair moving with the motion. "Oh usually they have to stay in an office or the break room. They're no trouble there. I mean no one wants to come in with a finger half off and have a flit eat it now do they?" Nope she didn't think that comment out. "But if he stays out of trouble long enough you might get away with it. For now though he can stay here. If you look up you can see all the work young apprentices have put in." Above them was a maze of spots to perch, along with the normal chorus of chirps and chatters that a group of flits produced. Up above a light colored green noticed the new flit and sent him a flirty chirp.

"Well here we're more likely to end up treating a dragon or flit too, than just people. We even take a few emergency classes in just that. And...as for the dragon's I suppose they do sometimes. They don't often to me. I don't hear them well you see. But there are quite a few of our healers that hear them quite well, and the dragon's well they know who to talk to. They don't even bother with Cremsden. He's a good sort if a bit crabby. If you work with him, don't mind the yelling. It's just his way, he don't mean anything by it. Now suit up, the coveralls are there in that closet. Keeps your clothes from getting the gunk of our work on them. The weyrwoman will be here off and on for a bit, poor thing's pregnant. Twins this time. Soon enough she will be on bed rest just you watch."