Topics

A Favorite Topic With a New Face (Diagir/Ziya, Maglor/Glaurung)


Ren
 

"Could be, though usually before she runs she likes to challenge males to see if they're worth her time," Diagir mused. "Her attention to Glaurung is almost unprecedented, really. Not that it's bad! It's actually rather sweet. Who knows, maybe he will catch her. If he does, I'm willing to bet that she'll let him see the eggs based on how she's acting now."


Steelsilver
 

"That would definitely be something." Maglor agreed, with a shake of his head. "I'd wager Glaurung likes that idea." He added, with a nod to where the bronze had sat up proudly. 




--
Sent from my phone!


Ren
 

"Huh... Well, they're likely going to spend plenty of time together if they have their say, so I suppose you and I should get to know each other, hm? How long have you been down south?" Diagir asked amicably. "If you want, we can take this to the dining hall if Glaurung is okay there."


Steelsilver
 

"That sounds good to me." Maglor responded, with another nod. "I'd say I've been down here for six Turns now. Surprised we haven't actually met before, now that I'm thinking of it." 

A pause, and a considering glance at Glaurung. "He should be all right, so long as no one tries to deliberately touch him without permission." he answered. "And I bet interested or not, Ziya'd warn him off anything daft." 

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 3:16 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"Huh... Well, they're likely going to spend plenty of time together if they have their say, so I suppose you and I should get to know each other, hm? How long have you been down south?" Diagir asked amicably. "If you want, we can take this to the dining hall if Glaurung is okay there."


Ren
 

"Oh absolutely. Proddy or not, Ziya knows she's still on top. I think the only ones who could probably sway her are Rain and Wildfire, Master Athesta's golds." Diagir clicked at his queen as he started walking. With a whistle of her own to Glaurung to follow her, Ziya turned to walk with Diagir towards the Hall. "I think I've been here... Oh... Ten Turns maybe? I know Ziya is eight and I got her here. She's a pure Callamere! Her size is almost... amusing compared to my Northern brown."


Steelsilver
 

"It's almost comical, seeing a bronze bigger than a gold." Maglor agreed, a slight smile tugging at his own expression, clicking to Glaurung with a murmured, "Heel." 

The bronze wher obeyed, readily, shambling along after Ziya, at his human's side. {Gud.} was all he answered, simply.

"I.. came South for the warmer climate." Maglor shrugged. "Got a posting here because, well, I'm used to life in a Weyr. Whole family was riders." 

On Fri, Apr 3, 2020 at 4:22 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"Oh absolutely. Proddy or not, Ziya knows she's still on top. I think the only ones who could probably sway her are Rain and Wildfire, Master Athesta's golds." Diagir clicked at his queen as he started walking. With a whistle of her own to Glaurung to follow her, Ziya turned to walk with Diagir towards the Hall. "I think I've been here... Oh... Ten Turns maybe? I know Ziya is eight and I got her here. She's a pure Callamere! Her size is almost... amusing compared to my Northern brown."


Ren
 

Ziya trilled approvingly at Glaurung's obedience even as she fell back to walk beside him. {'Rung good, do good walks.} she complimented the bronze.

"I came to heal," Diagir returned. "A canine I was training mauled me something fierce. It was a pretty big one and honestly I'm surprised that Diagirsk didn't eat it out of rage. I think he might have been more scared for me. My father said that he never left my side. He's a good brown. I came from a family of Beastcrafters up in Crom, so Arolos was pretty much my first exposure to a Weyr. It's.... it's something else. I mean it's home now, but back then... Woo."


Steelsilver
 

{'Rung gud, do walks. 'Rung bad, no walks.} the bronze responded, though he relaxed, more happy to walk calmly at his human's side now that prettyZiya was there too. 

"I came because I wanted to get out of High Reaches. Too many memories." Maglor responded. "I Stood, once, and then that was it. Made my way down South, never looked back."



--
Sent from my phone!


Ren
 

Ziya shuddered at the thought of no walks. {Ziya always get walks. 'Glory walk, Ziya go to. 'Glory not act good lots.} Ziya's tone was completely unimpressed with her daughter.

"Aye, I understand that," Diagir replied almost bitterly. "I never Stood myself but my... brother did." The way he said brother made it seem like he was trying to get something bitter out of his mouth. "Impressed a green I think, I neither know nor care. Showed his face here once and I about transferred out." Ziya moved forward to put her bright head under his hand soothingly. He took the queen's comfort gratefully and returned the gesture with scritches to her eyeridges. "Thank you, partner."


Steelsilver
 

"Whole family did. And were riders too. Grandda, father, and brothers. Was expected." Maglor hadn't really talked about it in a long time. "There was even a few Weyrleaders in our bloodline." His expression hardened. "Not that Thread cares one shard about bloodlines. Dragons or riders."

Glaurung rumbled uneasily. {Bad end. 'Rung better start!} He gave his leash a tug. 




--
Sent from my phone!


Ren
 

Ziya gave a confused and worried warble to Glaurung while still keeping her head under Diagir's hand. {Wha' happen? What two legs do?} Her tone was worried as her eyes phased to yellow.

"Aye, I understand you, friend. I never felt that I was good enough for my father or my family. I ended up having to have a wher put down up North, d'you know how Pern-shatteringly expensive that is? One wher is worth a mine's entire season, and I trained one so badly it had to die."


Steelsilver
 

{Mag' two leg gone.} Glaurung uttered another rumble. {'iya no worry? Longtime gone.} 

"My father was always convinced every one of his sons would be bronze riders like he was." Maglor shrugged. "He didn't like when I chose the Harpers."


On Friday, April 3, 2020, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Ziya gave a confused and worried warble to Glaurung while still keeping her head under Diagir's hand. {Wha' happen? What two legs do?} Her tone was worried as her eyes phased to yellow.

"Aye, I understand you, friend. I never felt that I was good enough for my father or my family. I ended up having to have a wher put down up North, d'you know how Pern-shatteringly expensive that is? One wher is worth a mine's entire season, and I trained one so badly it had to die."



--
Sent from my phone!


Ren
 

{Gone?} Ziya was confused as she looked Maglor up and down. {'Rung human still have leg, yes?}

Diagir nodded solemnly. "I see. I suppose that I can understand to a point. My brother, I think I said, Impressed green. Father wasn't too thrilled since, as he put it, the bastard left the craft to be the nobody of dragonriders. Let me say, after the amount of greenrides I've met here, I wholly disagree with that statement in general, but I still spit on my brother's boots. What should matter, though, is that you're happy, Maglor."


Steelsilver
 

{Mag' fam' gone.} Glaurung elaborated, nosing his twoleg for attention, and Maglor's hand moved reflexively to pet the bronze's hide. 

"That's all in the past now." the Harper murmured. "I like Arolos, for all its oddities. Life here certainly isn't boring." 

On Sat, Apr 4, 2020 at 6:33 PM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:

{Gone?} Ziya was confused as she looked Maglor up and down. {'Rung human still have leg, yes?}

Diagir nodded solemnly. "I see. I suppose that I can understand to a point. My brother, I think I said, Impressed green. Father wasn't too thrilled since, as he put it, the bastard left the craft to be the nobody of dragonriders. Let me say, after the amount of greenrides I've met here, I wholly disagree with that statement in general, but I still spit on my brother's boots. What should matter, though, is that you're happy, Maglor."


Ren
 

Ziya gave an understanding sound. It was like how hers felt about That Green's rider then. She leaned more into Diagir while listening to the bigs.

"It is not," Diagir agreed. "Arolos is calm for the most part and even its calamities are bearable."


Steelsilver
 

"I enjoy it here." Maglor nodded. "It's warm, colorful, and I've a lovely bronze wher for company."


On Sunday, April 5, 2020, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
Ziya gave an understanding sound. It was like how hers felt about That Green's rider then. She leaned more into Diagir while listening to the bigs.

"It is not," Diagir agreed. "Arolos is calm for the most part and even its calamities are bearable."



--
Sent from my phone!


Ren
 

"The weather is stunning," Diagir agreed with a smile. "Even if it does have the same problems like any coastal Weyr. Typhoons, summer storms, and the like. I do love the rain, though. It's beautiful to have something fall from the sky that isn't trying to kill me. Their respect for the whers here is overwhelming to me. Only Crom up North really respected them for their work in the mines."


Steelsilver
 

"I enjoy the rain here much more than I did in the North." Maglor agreed. "And I was glad to have the training available for Glaurung."


On Monday, April 6, 2020, Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"The weather is stunning," Diagir agreed with a smile. "Even if it does have the same problems like any coastal Weyr. Typhoons, summer storms, and the like. I do love the rain, though. It's beautiful to have something fall from the sky that isn't trying to kill me. Their respect for the whers here is overwhelming to me. Only Crom up North really respected them for their work in the mines."



--
Sent from my phone!


Ren
 

"The rain is warmer here than up there. Ista's rain isn't bad at all, but even there is nothing to here." Diagir sighed with happy thoughts. "Only thing I'm not fond of about Arolos is that leathers aren't practical for the weather. It makes one have to be more careful in training whers. One wrong move and no arm."


Steelsilver
 

"it makes things interesting." Maglor agreed. "Glaurung *is* wildbred, so he's just not as smart as a Callamere, sorry boy. I still have to make sure he doesn't get triggered, even if he's all right most of the time." 

{'Rung smart for 'Rung. Prett' Ziya smarter, 'Mere gud.}

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 11:40 AM Ren <wingedadrian@...> wrote:
"The rain is warmer here than up there. Ista's rain isn't bad at all, but even there is nothing to here." Diagir sighed with happy thoughts. "Only thing I'm not fond of about Arolos is that leathers aren't practical for the weather. It makes one have to be more careful in training whers. One wrong move and no arm."