Topics

A Different Kind of Hatching atten: Kassia/M'gal/Sh'ain/B'lin/R'tal/N'shen/healer

sailyn2

Kassia had been slowing down more and more by the day. With two babies taking up her abdomen, she wasn't moving much at all, but she couldn't stay sitting around so she tried to get paperwork done where she could. She was at her desk when the first distantly-familiar contractions came upon her and as they grew closer she knew that she had to get to the Infirmary. With I'des help she headed to the Infirmary where they got her ready.

In the meantime she had Foreth call to the dragons of all the potential fathers. ((Mine clutches!)) she called into the five male minds.

Aaron

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 13:23 sailyn2 <empressoftheworld@...> wrote:

In the meantime she had Foreth call to the dragons of all the potential fathers. ((Mine clutches!)) she called into the five male minds.

Truenoth turned to look in the direction where N'shen sat with his own very pregnant weyrmate. He was doubly glad then that he had decided not to risk being away from the Weyr for the Frost Fayre.

"Love, Kassia is going into labor," he said to Cotai. His heart began to beat faster already. Very soon, he would have two more children. "I should at least check in with the Infirmary. Can I get you anything before I go?"

Alyx

Cotai started to shake her head, then felt an uncomfortable cramp in her back, that spread around to her front. She grunted in surprise and put a hand on her belly. Wyelloth turned her head sharply around to look at the pair.

(Mine, are you alright?) The green's eyes whirled with her sudden anxiety.

Cotai was about to answer the green when another one hit, this one squeezing a wheeze out of her at the pain.

When it released she looked at N'shen, a bit nervously, saying, "I think...I should go too."
--
Have fun with any of my characters. Alyx, , Vayka (Healers), J'hen, D'vik, Teyra, Cotai (Riders), Rotasta (AWLM), L'rin (Weyrling)

Aaron

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 20:54 Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Cotai started to shake her head, then felt an uncomfortable cramp in her back, that spread around to her front. She grunted in surprise and put a hand on her belly. Wyelloth turned her head sharply around to look at the pair.

(Mine, are you alright?) The green's eyes whirled with her sudden anxiety.

Cotai was about to answer the green when another one hit, this one squeezing a wheeze out of her at the pain.

When it released she looked at N'shen, a bit nervously, saying, "I think...I should go too."

"Oh. Oh!" N'shen rushed to Cotai's side to help her to stand. Three new babies, then. It was especially good that he had stayed home. And especially good he had sent marks with Bl'by for baby and mama presents.

"Come on, then, love. We'll get there together. It's going to be OK."

Laurie

M'gal was at the Fayre, at a booth looking at a new knife for Kassia. He was haggling the price down but when Ozayith, who was staying at Arolos 'just in case' informed M'gal that he was there, at the Fayre, he threw a bunch of different denomination marks at the seller.

"Gotta go!" he said and ran off with the knife. He'd make her a nice sheath for it later.

Oz got them back to Arolos in record time, and he ran to the Infirmary. "I'm here," he said, panting almost as hard as Kassia. He didn't even realize he still had the dagger in his hand. "Am I too late?"

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 10:30 PM Aaron <cobalt.knight@...> wrote:

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021, 20:54 Alyx <scottish.wolfecary@...> wrote:
Cotai started to shake her head, then felt an uncomfortable cramp in her back, that spread around to her front. She grunted in surprise and put a hand on her belly. Wyelloth turned her head sharply around to look at the pair.

(Mine, are you alright?) The green's eyes whirled with her sudden anxiety.

Cotai was about to answer the green when another one hit, this one squeezing a wheeze out of her at the pain.

When it released she looked at N'shen, a bit nervously, saying, "I think...I should go too."

"Oh. Oh!" N'shen rushed to Cotai's side to help her to stand. Three new babies, then. It was especially good that he had stayed home. And especially good he had sent marks with Bl'by for baby and mama presents.

"Come on, then, love. We'll get there together. It's going to be OK."

Rosiegirl

Mariska had known when it had first been announced that she'd not be able to go to the Frost Fayre, not unless the Weyrwoman had given birth to her twins by then, so she'd made sure each day to shoo off her husband and kids so that they would enjoy themselves. Keo, of course, stayed right with her all day, sitting either on her shoulder or following her movements up in the infirmary's rafters.

With the time nearly upon them and the Weyrwoman due to give birth literally any day now, each morning when she got to the infirmary Mariska and the young assistant who'd been helping her the last few days, Yolin, went over all the supplies needed for a woman giving birth to make sure that overnight anything that might have been used got replaced. Each morning she made sure to have 3 times the amount of supplies within reach, and if something was running low she'd send Yolin off to restock.

And then it was time, as Kassia was escorted in by I'des while Mariska was just finishing tending to a kitchen-workers wound. Seeing the Weyrwoman in enter the infirmary, Mariska immediately passed the kitchen-worker to one of the senior apprentices so they could finish wrapping up the wound and, after washing her hands thoroughly and then dipping them in redwort to disinfect them, Mariska hurried over to take charge.

Mariska, smiling reassuringly to Kassia, efficiently directed the Weyrwoman to a waiting private room and began to help prepare her, while directing Yolin on which of the prepared supplies to bring to this room first. The bed already had fresh linens, including a larger linen to put over Kassia's legs once she was on the bed to cover her as a courtesy.

While Mariska was helping Kassia, when a rider came rushing into the infirmary with a dagger bared and glinting in the glowlight, a healer that had been walking past carrying an armful of fresh bandages stopped at the sight and the question. Their eyes, now wide, looked from the sharp dagger to the rider's knots, a wingleader bronzerider, and they quickly asked with all the politeness they could muster "Late for...what sir? And, sir..would you mind putting down the dagger?"

((OOC: I hope the response to M'gal is ok, I figure not *every* random healer would know who all the fathers of Kassia's babies are, and wouldn't assume him to be one or in the infirmary specifically for Kassia...much less if they *did* think that they wouldn't let someone out of breath who who looked (in the healer's eyes) possibly frantic and wielding a dagger just go right into the Weyrwoman's room.

And, regarding Kassia, I hope my post with Mariska is ok, but let me know if I need to change anything I said. Also where would Kassia's guards be? Outside the infirmary itself or outside her private door in the infirmary?))

On Sat, Jan 9, 2021 at 12:48 PM Laurie <Laurie.Lynne@...> wrote:
[...]

"He's my mate," Kassia gasped through a contraction, clutching at her belly with one hand and reaching for him with her other hand, glad to have one of her mates there.

She reached the bed in the private room and laid back. Time gave the gift of making women forget just how painful giving birth was and she'd had a lot of time to forget. She wished the pain could stay forgotten and the whole thing could be done already.

OOC: They're outside the room.

Kevin M

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 11:28 AM, sailyn2 wrote:
"He's my mate," Kassia gasped through a contraction, clutching at her belly with one hand and reaching for him with her other hand, glad to have one of her mates there.

She reached the bed in the private room and laid back. Time gave the gift of making women forget just how painful giving birth was and she'd had a lot of time to forget. She wished the pain could stay forgotten and the whole thing could be done already.

OOC: They're outside the room.
Sh'ain had also been at the Fayre, ostensibly keeping an eye on the Candidates in attendance but also taking the opportunity to do some shopping.  And he was perusing boots for a certain goldrider when Rhyth informed him that "Foreth's was clutching".  He hadn't actually found a pair that he thought would fit Kassia (well, once the babes came and her feet & legs weren't as swollen, at least), so the bluerider was empty-handed as he ran through the Gather to the nearest clearing where Rhyth could pick him up.  A few minutes after that, he was hustling into the Infirmary.  "I'm here, love!" he said, making his way to Kassia's other side.

OOC: \*pokes list* I responded to this like three days ago, dagnabbit!  It got eaten!

--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord

Laurie

M'gal's face turned red when attention was turned to the dagger. "Oops. It's just a gift for my mate. I didn't have time to wrap it," he said, and tucked it in his belt. Speaking of mate--

"Can I do something for you?" he asked Kassia solicitously. He also breathed a sigh of relief when Sh'ain came running in. M'gal hadn't ever experienced the joys of a woman in childbirth, so didn't know what to expect. Sh'ain, however, seemed to have populated half of the planet.

On Tue, Jan 12, 2021 at 2:29 PM Kevin M <LrdSlvrhnd@...> wrote:
[...]

"Come be near," Kassia said, already looking red in the face and sweaty with exertion.

Aaron

Around that time, N'shen arrived, helping Cotai to walk in. He explained the situation as quickly as he could to the apprentice at the front.

"Kassia is here, too."

"Y-yes, sir, we know," the apprentice replied, trying not to speak to a Weyrleader as though he was stupid. "I'll see if we can get your mate in a room near to the Weyrwoman, sir."

Laurie

M'gal quickly obeyed and stood next to Kassia, holding her hand. He'd heard that birthing mothers needed something to hold on to, though he hadn't quite realized why.

On Sun, Jan 24, 2021 at 08:15 AM, Laurie wrote:
M'gal quickly obeyed and stood next to Kassia, holding her hand. He'd heard that birthing mothers needed something to hold on to, though he hadn't quite realized why.
Sh'ain had (possibly not so) subtly maneuvered so that the other man would be on Kassia's dominant side, knowing what was likely going to happen next.  Although he'd missed Kalain's birth, he'd been there for Kashara's, and would be just as happy to let M'gal be on the receiving end of the woman's stronger hand.  "Do you want any ice chips, love?"  There were, after all, some perks to being the Weyrwoman, and even if he didn't understand exactly why ice chips were helpful, she at least would be able to benefit from them, even in the South.

--
LrdSlvrhnd on the Wizzy thingie, and also on Discord